90 ROOMS STILL AVAILABLE

W283386

I will be at Port Everglades when Edge sails, but I will see it from the deck of Silhouette. I won't pay the outrageous prices to take a Maiden Voyage that really isn't the maiden voyage. To me the maiden voyage is the first revenue producing cruise and that has already happened. 

Just because it shows 90 cabins available doesn't mean there are that many. A lot of those may be allocated to gty cabins. They show how many are left for those who want to book specific cabins once the number gets to 0 they will pull all the inventory and start assigning room numbers. There really may only be 5 cabins left. 

Ship sails in three days.  From my years working for a major cruiseline rooms have all been assigned already (especially for a so called inaugural cruise that has VIP's on board.  Not many last minute bookings at those pricess.

• Like 1

I just counted over 100 available......from inside, oceanview, veranda, infinite veranda, concierge and aqua. All the cabins were bookable. Pricing is off the charts. I predict it will only get worse based on the early reviews. Only time will tell.

6 minutes ago, gimletgal said:

I just counted over 100 available......from inside, oceanview, veranda, infinite veranda, concierge and aqua. All the cabins were bookable. Pricing is off the charts. I predict it will only get worse based on the early reviews. Only time will tell.

Yes, I counted 101 cabins. Yesterday there were 120 available but Inside guarantees were also available. The reduction between yesterday and today was in Veranda category, from 48 available down to 27. (2 Oceanview also opened up since yesterday)  The Inside guarantees are closed now so I assume they cleared the guarantees since yesterday and then moved some people up into Verandas.

• Like 1

I've been tracking the Suites on my Jan. 20 sailing [hoping for an upgrade].  77% sold.  Prices have risen on average 67% since launch [actually more, but the price tracking website I use didn't capture the first day's low prices].  The problematic [but cheapest] S3's are 81% sold.  The most expensive [CS and up] are almost all gone [2 out of 6 EV available; nothing in the other categories].  Lots of S2 and S1 [29% of each available – so there's hope for upgrade from my S3!].  None of the prices have dropped since Final Payment, and I suspect Celebrity is laughing all the way to the bank on this – this sailing is already so profitable that there is no need to cheapen the brand by offering any discounts.

so far....not good.  6 reviews are averaging about 1,5 stars with two thirds calling it poor or terrible.  The infinite veranda is not a hit...…..at all.   I feel bad for the people who spent a ton of coin for this.

23 minutes ago, Nymich said:

so far....not good.  6 reviews are averaging about 1,5 stars with two thirds calling it poor or terrible.  The infinite veranda is not a hit...…..at all.   I feel bad for the people who spent a ton of coin for this.

Yeah. I read the reviews that are out there and they are not good. The most concerning part is that the negatives are not about service or the staff. They are about the ship itself. Infinite veranda's are not liked so far. Cheap interior finishes. And long elevator waits seem to be the biggest issues. Not really problems that can be worked out with time. 

6 hours ago, Nymich said:

Yes, I saw that too.  Curtains on the interior doors should solve many problems, but the most significant issue is that the cabins and balcony area are too small.  Celebrity got greedy and tried to stuff too many cabins in this ship.  If they would have kept the same size cabin and balcony as the S-class ships and added the IV window, it would have been a hit.  Major mistake by LPP and her staff.

Have been checking edge prices for 19 and 20 on mediteranian cruises, also Apex for 2020,

Prices for cheapest balcony is over £6000  this is  more than double the cost of our Solstice class ship cruises in the Med,

It will be interesting to see what price drops will, happen, we won't be booking any time soon. 

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:11 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

Yes, I saw that too.  Curtains on the interior doors should solve many problems, but the most significant issue is that the cabins and balcony area are too small.  Celebrity got greedy and tried to stuff too many cabins in this ship.  If they would have kept the same size cabin and balcony as the S-class ships and added the IV window, it would have been a hit.  Major mistake by LPP and her staff.

Really curious if you have actually been in an IV?    When looking at the specks for the cabins they appear to be close to the same size - while the Deck is definitely smaller.   Was wondering if the perception of the cabin being smaller is caused by the bathroom being increased in size by about 20%.   

Edge

Edge.jpg.d4f1446cf13b49454f2ebfd50fddb1ea.jpg

Eclipse

Eclipse.jpg.118586699ca40a81b3c01690491ef6c5.jpg

My husband and I are staying in an IV right now -- in short, we're huge fans of the IV's innovative use of space.  We either get to enjoy an oversized balcony -- or when the glass is closed, a cabin that feels much more spacious than that in the M and S class verandahs.   We also appreciate all the storage space throughout the cabin -- both bathroom and the main cabin.  Believe it or not, we had drawers we didn't need.

Tomorrow we move to an S3 and, of course, are looking forward to experiencing the suite.  But after our 3 days in our IV cabin, I can only say my husband and I believe Celebrity has a winner with the IV.  Time will tell, of course.   But we would be happy to book another IV on a future sailing.

Janell