Best bar (or bartender) on Regal for quality, classic cocktails

mary_228

Part of the fun is trying out all of the bars until you find your perfect match.  Plus, who and what I like might not be what you like.  And staff changes so frequently that service recommendations are evanescent. 

That said, I found the Regal not too great when it came to bar selections.  I missed Adagio from the other ships, I disliked the Bellini bar ( the staff wasn't that great, the setting seemed uncomfortable, the drinks were too frou-frou and not like classic Bellinis), Vines was crowded and noisy thanks to its location, the service in Crooner's on my sailing was less than steller (don't go thirsty or bring in a cocktail to tide you over while you wait), so that left the Wheelhouse Bar.  Which actually turned out to be an excellent choice, with several good bartenders and efficient, pleasant servers.  Still, it was a disappointment that there was only "one" option. 

But again, this is just me.  You may have a completely different experience -- and I hope you do.  Enjoy your cruise on what is undeniably a beautiful ship. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mary_228 said:

HAHA! I'm only on for a week!

I appreciate your comments and will give the Wheelhouse bar a try.

whichever bar ... I've found that a couple of $ goes a long way to getting faster service in a crowded bar , along with a stronger pour, or  fuller glass of wine ...

also, be polite, wait your turn, be ready to order, smile, please and thank-you also seems to help and is just plain good manners

also ask for their name so you can put it on a comment card:classic_cool:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

whichever bar ... I've found that a couple of $ goes a long way to getting faster service in a crowded bar , along with a stronger pour, or  fuller glass of wine ...

So you add additional tip to the check (wouldn't the waiter would get this?) or you bring cash and wait at the bar for service so you can give directly to them? So clueless, sorry. 

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

we tip in cash , both at the bar and for waiter service ... yes, in addition to the 15% auto grat ...

we always take $50-100 in $1 bills for a 7 day cruise

Wow! I have never seen anyone do this. I have often wanted to leave extra on the tab, esp when enjoying the buy one get one for $1 deals, but in recent cruises I have noticed no line for additional tip. Guess I'd better get some small bills!

• Like 1

Bar tenders and waiters are continuously rotated.... usually between cruises.  In fact, we were on the Regal in October for her crossing from Copenhagen and back aboard a few weeks later.   All of our favorite bar staff had bee rotated to different venues.

Hank

21 hours ago, mary_228 said:

Sailing in a week and looking forward to finding my spot for pre-dinner cocktails. We don't buy a drink package. Any recommendations?

Crooner's, Wheelhouse are the more comfortable bars. If you go every night at the same time the waiter will get to know you. The Princess Patter will have an entertainment schedule showing which group or individual is playing in which bar. The Piazza always has some live entertainment starting around 5pm.

Regarding tips, we never add anything to the bill. In fact, there is no real bill to sign or add anything to. We also don't tip cash as we go. The 15% gratuity is automatically added to each beverage purchase. At the end of the cruise if a certain bar waiter provided nice service an extra cash tip is nice, but none expected.

• Like 1

We were on the Regal in November and found the best bar/lounge for bartenders and service was the Wheelhouse. Bartenders Rolly and Fabian were excellent (however I think Fabian disembarked the day we did). As stated earlier by another poster, we found the staff at Bellini's slow and not into their job. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mary_228 said:

Sailing in a week and looking forward to finding my spot for pre-dinner cocktails. We don't buy a drink package. Any recommendations?

7 minutes ago, bagney said:

We were on the Regal in November and found the best bar/lounge for bartenders and service was the Wheelhouse. Bartenders Rolly and Fabian were excellent (however I think Fabian disembarked the day we did). As stated earlier by another poster, we found the staff at Bellini's slow and not into their job. 

Ask for Juan Gomez.  Best bartender on the Regal.

Good luck.

King

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bagney said:

We were on the Regal in November and found the best bar/lounge for bartenders and service was the Wheelhouse. Bartenders Rolly and Fabian were excellent (however I think Fabian disembarked the day we did). 

Same bar, same tenders, same cruise, same good service.  Wheelhouse is the closest bar to the traditional dining room, and yes Fabian went home at the end of the cruise.  We usually give our favorites, like Rolly and Fabian, an extra tip on the last night. 

18 hours ago, mary_228 said:

Wow! I have never seen anyone do this. I have often wanted to leave extra on the tab, esp when enjoying the buy one get one for $1 deals, but in recent cruises I have noticed no line for additional tip. Guess I'd better get some small bills!

That's because most people do it discretely with a handshake so that the server doesn't have to pool his tips. 

10 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Wally The Green Monster thinks there all Great!!

Go Red Sox!!

The Captain of The Rowboat.

Tony

1B69A4A3-E278-405F-A350-CDF96413E190.jpeg

Louis XIII ! Wally has expensive taste.  that bar tender looks like Bond.

19 hours ago, bagney said:

We were also on Regal in November and completely agree with you about the bartenders in the Wheelhouse Bar.  They were great!

• Like 1