Good Grief Pricing For Canada

Woobstr112G

Good grief, I was just looking at suite pricing for the Summit’s 2020 Canada/New England cruises and almost fell out of my chair.  I was going to surprise my DW by booking the PH suite to celebrate my retirement.  Before I do my mini rant, I just wanted to let everyone know that I’ve cruised primarily full suites over the years so I am use to paying $$$$$. I am also aware the PH’s are not cheap.

In doing my phantom booking, I saw they cut two days off the itineraries making them 12 day voyages.  I looked at the pricing and with purchasing X’s insurance, the cost would be 27K+ or over 2300 a day for the privilege of staying in the suite for only 12 days.  

All I can say is wow......

Bob

I'm not going to defend their pricing because they're ridiculous, but I assume you're talking about Summit? or another M Class ship?  the penthouse on an M class is like nothing you've had on Princess.  They're amazing!  Having said that, I don't think they'll be getting the prices they're asking right now and will certainly drop.

Prices keep climbing and ships seem to be booked.  

27k for 12 nights seems a bit much but we are in a RS on a S class in a few months, 15 nights and a RS just became available for $22k w/o gratuties or insurance.  The PH on the M class are amazing.  You can probably save a bit by getting insurance from anyone other than the cruise line.

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed tonight that the August 2020 TA's to/from Dublin now have GoBig (1 perk) at the same price.  Previously they didn't have any perks.  I know not many have booked due to the wild high prices but if you have call and get your perk added.

25 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Just noticed tonight that the August 2020 TA's to/from Dublin now have GoBig (1 perk) at the same price.  Previously they didn't have any perks.  I know not many have booked due to the wild high prices but if you have call and get your perk added.

I can't even see an August TA from Dublin, let alone one showing a perk.  I want to do the one to Buenos Aires, but unless I see a price drop or a perk added, I'm waiting til I'm onboard Jewel at the end of March to book. 

If you book all the way through it will show $300 OBC as Go Big.  I put a booking on hold and called Captains Club and had my prior booking modified adding Go Big Grats as that was my choice.  The Web doesn't do perks right for the last few weeks.  You really have to  make a mock booking these days.

Edited by wrk2cruise