Hotels in Fort Lauderdale 2020

Terac

We are cruising on Princess leaving Fort Lauderdale on February 2, 2020.  Most of the hotels in Fort Lauderdale for February 1, 2020 appear to be booked.    Is this unusual??  If it is this busy we may consider canceling our cruise.

Edited by Terac
To included date and correct

• 3 weeks later...

had the same thing happen when we flew into Galveston the week of the super bowl 2 years or so ago as you get closer to the actual date thing tend to open up, seems a lot of "travel agent" grab the room when they initially open.  Same thing happens to flights as soon  as the open.  I ended up booking one way flights for my cruise because of this.  good luck

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:07 PM, Essiesmom said:

The Super Bowl is on Feb. 2, 2020...in Miami.  No brainer they are booked this far out.  Pick another cruise.  EM

It may be a no brainer for you, but I was unaware of this.  Not everyone follows sports.  Thanks for letting us know.

Roz

• Like 4

Terac, the Super Bowl is on Feb. 2, 2020.  Even if you're lucky at getting a hotel room, it will most likely be 2 to 3 times higher in price then the normal rate - same for airfare.  Your best bet may be to book your cruise the next week or 2 after or before the Super Bowl.

Good luck and happy sails

A quick look on hotels.com and I found Fortuna Hotel on Bayshore Dr. in  downtown Fort Lauderdale for $124 on 2/1/20

I have never stayed there but its rated 8.2 out of 10 with over 600 reviews.

Don't give up, keep that cruise if its what you want. Just look harder for a hotel.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would look at airbnb and see if there is anything available for your group size.  We changed our cruise to 2/22 since the super bowl would likely drive up hotels and flights for 7-10 days around the super bowl in 2020.  

I am also cruising out of Miami on Feb 2, 2020.. and I knew it was the Super Bowl even before I booked the cruise.. as I have done it before last time the Super Bowl was in Miami.. I had no trouble getting a hotel in Miami for a pre-cruise, but as previous people posted.. the hotels have not released anything until 365 days out.. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 11:38 AM, Terac said:

We are cruising on Princess leaving Fort Lauderdale on February 2, 2020.  Most of the hotels in Fort Lauderdale for February 1, 2020 appear to be booked.    Is this unusual??  If it is this busy we may consider canceling our cruise.

Superbowl

yep, super bowl in Miami.  Always check for big events in or near the departure city before booking for sure.  You might have better luck with an airbnb.  Hope it works out.

We were booked on a 2/2 cruise and have switched to a January cruise.

We could not find  a hotel anywhere- even with help from hotel chain personnel in Fort Lauderdale who were trying to help.  There was 1 about 30 miles away and it was $750!  That’s how I found out the Super Bowl was in Miami!!

plus - flights were ridiculous.  Glad we found out sooner than later