Sharps containers

madibeme

33 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

There should be a sharpie container in your bathroom.  If not ask your Room steward for one.

Yes.

Take a quick look in the bathroom, perhaps a shelf/cabinet under the sink.

If you don't easily see one, then ask the steward, and he/she will either point it out to you in some semi-hidden place, or bring one to you.

NOT a problem these days!

GC

2 hours ago, madibeme said:

I never paid attention before but are their sharps containers in the rooms or is that a request directly to the cruise line? I am going on the escape in February and need to give myself a shot midweek. 

Thanks!

Do not call the access desk

Most cabins have them in when you embark. Otherwise ask your room steward for one. If it a single shot, then the public sharps containes would be fine. 

NCL  now has them stocked in every cabin.  BUT,  if you are only using one syringe during your cruise,  I'd suggest you just go to the Medical Center,  and inject there,  using their sharps containers?    A single use would be simple.   

Conserves supplies and disposal.    Consider not being wasteful.   :)   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

NCL  now has them stocked in every cabin.  BUT,  if you are only using one syringe during your cruise,  I'd suggest you just go to the Medical Center,  and inject there,  using their sharps containers?    A single use would be simple.   

Conserves supplies and disposal.    Consider not being wasteful.   🙂  

Just be aware that the Medical Center may charge you an "observation fee".  They may not allow you to inject yourself in the their waiting room because of liability and the fee is for the staff to make sure you don't have a reaction in their space.....  my daughter's college infirmary charges $25 for self-administered shots if done there.  

20 hours ago, bbryan5 said:

Just throw the used syringe on one of the many used room service trays that are always left out in the hallway.

🤠

Used needles are a biohazard and should be disposed of in a proper container. Each and every piece of trash is hand sorted in the Environmental room and you don’t want to get stuck with a discarded needle. 

For or a single shot during a cruise, the ships container in the public loo can be used 

Edited by BirdTravels

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Used needles are a biohazard and should be disposed of in a proper container. Each and every piece of trash is hand sorted in the Environmental room and you don’t want to get stuck with a discarded needle. 

For or a single shot during a cruise, the ships container in the public loo can be used 

I leave mine in the buffet.

A red box (see left side of photo) image.jpeg.c3d87f666afe84cdf5b979cea06c4c0b.jpegusually on a shelf in the bathroom in various sizes, depending on the cabin.  I have always found one in the cabin, although I haven't needed or requested it.  The advice to call the access desk to be certain, is good advice - they're very helpful.  Enjoy your cruise.

On 12/26/2018 at 10:20 PM, bbryan5 said:

Just throw the used syringe on one of the many used room service trays that are always left out in the hallway.

🤠

9 hours ago, Gampy1967 said:

I leave mine in the buffet.

I hope both these comments are from someone,  attempting to be funny???  (which it isn't)    Absolutely-   Neither of these should ever be done.