Favorite time of day

newmexicoNita

I don't remember ever seeing this discussed before but if it has been that's ok, it is fun to see how others respond: Do others have a very favorite time of day when on the ship and/or a favorite activity? I know my favorite time is the first thing in the morning. Being early birds, I love to open the blinds and see the sun coming up.. It is peaceful and refreshing. My favorite activity, I think is spending time in the atrium, people watching and enjoy a good drink. No, we don't spend hours doing nothing else, but for a few hours it is fun. We also love playing trivia and like to listen to some music after dinner for awhile..

• Like 1

When I get up early on the first morning, most always a sea day, take a 30 minute walk around the ship and try to time it to catch the sunrise from one of the upper decks, take pictures of the sunrise and then grab a cup of coffee and review my pictures.

• Like 1

I love walking onto the ship for the first time, doesn't matter if I had sailed her before, but I love the feeling of all the fun stretching out ahead of me, when everything is possible and the days seem endless!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like you I’m an early riser and early morning is my favorite time of day.  I like to make a cup of coffee and sit on the balcony and watch the sun come up.  I consider it a bonus if the ship is coming into port as the sun is rising.

28u4bqp.jpg

On sea days it’s nice and quiet on the balcony in the mornings.  Usually the only sounds you hear are the wind and the ocean waves as they gently crash into the ship’s hull.  Although sometimes it’s not so gentle.

30ndx84.jpg

My favorite ship activity is breakfast.

Edited by Oakman58
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 300dtc said:

I love walking onto the ship for the first time, doesn't matter if I had sailed her before, but I love the feeling of all the fun stretching out ahead of me, when everything is possible and the days seem endless!

I agree walking onto the ship the first day, regardless of which ship or itinerary, I know I will not have to clean, cook, work, etc.. That's the moment.

We are always up until at least midnight and are early risers (6 ish) no alarm clocks. We like to get up and go for a early morning jog or walk before the crowds wake up.

• Like 1

I too am an early riser. On the first day at sea, I take my camera and take photos of every public area. Closed doors in public restaurants, etc. - no problem. I open them and explore. The staff is friendly and usually singing to background music. 

By the time I get to the upper deck, the sun is usually not quite ready to rise. I take a cup of coffee and sit in that area off the buffet in the aft of the ship and say a little prayer of thanks that I am experiencing the moment. 

This is is my favorite moment on the ship. 

• Like 5

My favorite time on the ship is sailaway.  After a fun day of beach and sun, sitting on the balcony with a cold gin and tonic in my hand, watching the island quietly slip away in the distance and wondering what adventures the next day will bring. 

22 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

Like you I’m an early riser and early morning is my favorite time of day.  I like to make a cup of coffee and sit on the balcony and watch the sun come up.  I consider it a bonus if the ship is coming into port as the sun is rising.

28u4bqp.jpg

On sea days it’s nice and quiet on the balcony in the mornings.  Usually the only sounds you hear are the wind and the ocean waves as they gently crash into the ship’s hull.  Although sometimes it’s not so gentle.

30ndx84.jpg

My favorite ship activity is breakfast.

awesome pictures

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 300dtc said:

Oh yes, those first few hours. Going to eat lunch in the MDR and then exploring the ship. Its when I fully feel "Yes!!! I'm on vacation!"

Otherwise throughout the cruise almost every hour is my favorite time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, purplecow15 said:

Oh yes, those first few hours. Going to eat lunch in the MDR and then exploring the ship. Its when I fully feel "Yes!!! I'm on vacation!"

Otherwise throughout the cruise almost every hour is my favorite time.

We love to eat that first meal in O'Sheehans. We see the water from one side and the people from the other. 

On 12/27/2018 at 7:44 AM, newmexicoNita said:

I don't remember ever seeing this discussed before but if it has been that's ok, it is fun to see how others respond: Do others have a very favorite time of day when on the ship and/or a favorite activity? I know my favorite time is the first thing in the morning. Being early birds, I love to open the blinds and see the sun coming up.. It is peaceful and refreshing. My favorite activity, I think is spending time in the atrium, people watching and enjoy a good drink. No, we don't spend hours doing nothing else, but for a few hours it is fun. We also love playing trivia and like to listen to some music after dinner for awhile..

I am with you. The best part of the day is right before the sunrise, when I sit on my balcony and watch the activity at the port. I get to see the beautiful sun come up and watch the Caribbean sea at the same time. It's nice, quiet, and peaceful. 3 weeks from tomorrow 🙂

1 hour ago, cathi007 said:

I am with you. The best part of the day is right before the sunrise, when I sit on my balcony and watch the activity at the port. I get to see the beautiful sun come up and watch the Caribbean sea at the same time. It's nice, quiet, and peaceful. 3 weeks from tomorrow 🙂

6 more weeks from yesterday for us, but we will be San Juan a few days, so we actually leave here 5 weeks from Tuesday. With the holidays now behind us, we can concentrate on our cruise.