Using Princess transfer back to airport after cruise question?

JRA1708

Hello all,

I will be sailing on the Crown Princess out of Dublin Ireland for a British Isles cruise this May.  If I choose the Princess transer back to the airport at the end of the cruise, do we have to sit around before they transfer us?  Or are we one of the first off since we bought through Princess?  Our flight home is at 11:30am, I don't want to have to sit around at the Port and be rushing once we get to the airport.  Plus, do they take our luggage the night before?  Print our boarding passes?  Thanks for any help,  Jodi

You will be assigned a disembarking time by Princess based on your flight and given a certain colored tag for your luggage.  Yes you have to put your luggage out in the hallway the night before disembarkation.  Then you will get off the ship when your color group is called and reclaim your luggage in the port.  You print your boarding passes either at the airport or you can also use the ship's computers (paid Wifi minutes) to print them the day prior.  

If you book a Princess transfer you will receive a disembarkation time which allows you to make your flight. The time will most likely be around 8:00am which would place your arrival at the airport around 8:30/9:00am. If you don't like the time you get just visit passenger services to get what you need. If you have not already done so I would check with Princess to determine if your flight departure time is within Princess' guidelines. If not Princess will not allow you to book their transfer.

I would recommend you look into self walk off, wheel all your own luggage, and private transfer. You most likely have to be at the airport around 2 to 3 hours early.

If you do not select self walk off your luggage will be picked up the evening before departure. If you select self walk off your luggage will remain in your cabin until you wheel it off.

You can print airline boarding passes in the internet cafe. I think there is a 50 cent charge per page.

One other comment. There will most likely be very few disembarking at Dublin. Disembarkation will be pretty easy. Once immigration and customs is ready you will be able to pretty much go when you like. Most passengers embark/disembark at Southampton.

As a general rule, I have always found it both cheaper and convenient to book private transfers or use a cab. 

I typically do not select self walk off, but will ask for the first group to disembark (for those who had their luggage taken evening before.).

Much of my plans always take into account the distance from the port to the airport.

41 minutes ago, skynight said:

f you have not already done so I would check with Princess to determine if your flight departure time is within Princess' guidelines. If not Princess will not allow you to book their transfer.

Agree with this...there can always be delays with disembarking, traffic, waiting for the coach to fill up etc.

Thanks for all the pointers.  It's greatly appreciated!  Do you know if Princess does the luggage valet to the airport?  I have used luggage valet on Royal and Carnival, but this is my first time on Princess so not sure if this is offered?  It cost like $20 per person on other cruise lines.  

25 minutes ago, JRA1708 said:

Thanks for all the pointers.  It's greatly appreciated!  Do you know if Princess does the luggage valet to the airport?  I have used luggage valet on Royal and Carnival, but this is my first time on Princess so not sure if this is offered?  It cost like $20 per person on other cruise lines.  

Don't believe it is offered on international flights, but you can ask once on board. It may also depend on the airline. 

32 minutes ago, JRA1708 said:

Do you know if Princess does the luggage valet to the airport?  I have used luggage valet on Royal and Carnival, but this is my first time on Princess so not sure if this is offered?  It cost like $20 per person on other cruise lines.  

It is not offered in Europe (on any line).

Edited by Coral

2 hours ago, JRA1708 said:

Luggage valet is not listed for Dublin. The list can be found in your cruise Personalizer--documents. I do see it offered for Southampton, Dover and other places in Europe.

2 minutes ago, dog said:

Luggage valet is not listed for Dublin. The list can be found in your cruise Personalizer--documents. I do see it offered for Southampton, Dover and other places in Europe.

I think the OP was referring to EZ Check which as she said costs $20 with other airlines. Luggage Valet costs a whole lot more.

16 minutes ago, dog said:

Ok, thanks for the correction.

It is confusing as I think that is the terminology that RCCL uses (Luggage Valet) for their version of Princess's EZ Check and then there is a Valet program that ships the luggage from the house to the ship and back home bypassing the airports/airlines all together.

Edited by Coral