Is that coral real? (Edge question)

cruisestitch

16 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I meant to look at the piece of coral  I n the stateroom to see if it was real or plastic (or plaster or?).  Does anybody know?

I looked at it pretty closely in our stateroom. It's not real but not plastic -- some sort of ceramic or something. I'm not sure -- terrible with naming materials! It's like something you'd find at HomeGoods.

Edited by ohhbother

13 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I meant to look at the piece of coral  I n the stateroom to see if it was real or plastic (or plaster or?).  Does anybody know?

It's cast and heavy,  maybe plaster or concrete?

I feel everyone is mocking me a bit for  a few posts I made  on the Revolution thread..but it reminds me of dead  " bleached:" coral that has been whitened.( perfect for the bland decor)   Living healty coral is more colorful and vibrant.  

We plan to store this item  along with the ugly  vase in the area under the bathroom sink if it fits..

Save the Seas!

Edited by hcat

24 minutes ago, hcat said:

I feel everyone is mocking me a bit for  a few posts I made  on the Revolution thread..but it reminds me of dead  " bleached:" coral that has been whitened.( perfect for the bland decor)   Living healty coral is more colorful and vibrant.  

We plan to store this item  along with the ugly  vase in the area under the bathroom sink if it fits..

Save the Seas!

I respect your thoughts on the coral. I like to learn things on here so thanks for bringing it up! 🙂

I personally like the look of it in the cabins, but did think it an impractical decoration. How can they keep it clean? 🙂

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I respect your thoughts on the coral. I like to learn things on here so thanks for bringing it up! 🙂

I personally like the look of it in the cabins, but did think it an impractical decoration. How can they keep it clean? 🙂

The post  below  that I made on the Revolution Thread kind of landed me in trouble with fellow CC posters......I  admit it  was off topic anyhow...now I am done posting about the coral and the ugly white vase!  DONE!

"White coral resembles bleached or dead coral..perfect for Hoppen decor but that's all.   Healthy coral is vibrant. ...  From the internet... "Coral die-offs—caused by a process known as bleaching—tend to look as bland and lifeless, in contrast to the vibrant rainbow colors of thriving coral. Bleached coral reefs usually appear as an endless stretch of white coral and eventually turn to dead  coral..." "

We all need to respect sea life...the damage from storms and other causes is seen when we snorkel in many places ..Wish X was doing more on it's ships to educate!..Oh no....hope this  point of view won't start another debate!🐳

I get that it's just decor..,but would prefer something more truly organic! Just my taste and opinion....

Edited by hcat

1 minute ago, hcat said:

The post  below  that I made on the Revolution Thread kind of landed me in trouble with fellow CC posters......I  admit it  was off topic anyhow...now I am done posting about the coral and the ugly white vase!  DONE!

"White coral resembles bleached or dead coral..perfect for Hoppen decor but that's all.   Healthy coral is vibrant. ...  From the internet... "Coral die-offs—caused by a process known as bleaching—tend to look as bland and lifeless, in contrast to the vibrant rainbow colors of thriving coral. Bleached coral reefs usually appear as an endless stretch of white coral and eventually turn to dead  coral..." "

We all need to respect sea life...the damage from storms and other causes is seen when we snorkel in many places ..Wish X was doing more on it's ships to educate!..Oh no....hope this  point of view won't start another debate!🐳

It’s a worthy debate - thanks!

BTW, I dreamt that I went on that cruise (Summit out of Bayonne) - don’t remember much except that I was happy. 😀

5 hours ago, hcat said:

Save the Seas!

It does fit under the sink, that's where I put ours. 😉

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Speaking of keeping things clean, I wonder how often X will wash those pillows..?

They removed the curtains which I'm sure saved a bundle in cleaning costs and man hours, then added 9 pillows to the cabins..?! 

34 minutes ago, erniesband said:

LOL! I almost choked on my sparking water! Thanks for giving me my laugh of the day!! 😀

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

It’s a worthy debate - thanks!

BTW, I dreamt that I went on that cruise (Summit out of Bayonne) - don’t remember much except that I was happy. 😀

Off topic but something to consider...

Due to the expansion or exhaustion  of  our cruise budget for 2  EDGE cruises in 2019, ...we decided to skip AQ class on Summit ..We booked a 2A, deck 7....it'll be fine for us!

Plus no airfare or pre cruise hotel expenses!

Just a thought....

1 hour ago, erniesband said:

Made for a fish tank....or cake topper...reviews were interesting!

Can't be shipped to my area...so sad!

20 minutes ago, hcat said:

Off topic but something to consider...

Due to the expansion or exhaustion  of  our cruise budget for 2  EDGE cruises in 2019, ...we decided to skip AQ class on Summit ..We booked a 2A, deck 7....it'll be fine for us!

Plus no airfare or pre cruise hotel expenses!

Just a thought....

Made for a fish tank....or cake topper...reviews were interesting!

Can't be shipped to my area...so sad!

My subconscious self is definitely thinking! I saw the prices and the AQ cabin we like the best is available for about $6300 - it is for 10 days but is a bit much so would likely go for regular veranda. 

As for the fish tank decoration (I guess I have really good taste 😉), I am sorry that you can’t have it shipped to your place. Maybe by Jan 27 they will be selling them in the gift shop for $99. 🙂

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Probably the vase is on Amazon too!!

I had a very long and quite interesting talk with another CC member who booked the Penthouse on our Edge cruise and was gracious enough to show it on a cabin crawl. While walking around the suite we discussed all the “interesting” decorative items in the various rooms. We both agreed that most of them were quite inexpensive, but because the designer had chosen every one of them, the price X paid was probably at lot more than they were worth. 😉

Edited by C-Dragons

9 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I had a very long and quite interesting talk with another CC member who booked the Penthouse on our Edge cruise and was gracious enough to show it on a cabin crawl. While walking around the suite we discussed all the “interesting” decorative items in the various rooms. We both agreed that most of them were quite inexpensive, but because the designer had chosen every one of them, the price X paid was probably at lot more than they were worth. 😉

You are probably right! I toured one as well - I just noticed that even the PH has the same S1 bathroom coral that I had. It’s on a shelf on the right. 🙂

C86956D7-501D-4D03-8845-B73A17F67DE1.thumb.jpeg.e8ad63b0e3ab8bd9b80d6391f01d2802.jpeg

89F1D626-D18A-4BA6-A8CE-A3011B7B45B7.thumb.jpeg.ba7dd921ab1892e1412ac6cb293f715c.jpeg

A8BA1EF1-8C89-49D1-924A-BFAD2A31C8C4.thumb.jpeg.9e2ab7dca8d347174683f01de89bc9de.jpeg

FC4D2310-D812-4CCF-8DF7-3F3DF5BA316D.thumb.jpeg.27e4bc7f8e36efbe7ccb8b35ab6f2bbd.jpeg