“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

that's a shame that you couldn't have the ATW dinners in the specialty restaurants--they were wonderful. 

Half of us dined with the Capt in Polo and half with the GM in Toscana and then some weeks later everybody  switched restaurants and officers.

I've heard from people on ATW19 that the count for ATW20 is over 400!!!  So I'm guessing D&I will be lunching in the MDR.  And that's fine. 

On 1/3/2019 at 1:39 AM, riandei said:
3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

at that rate  the whole ship  will be all RTW cruisers  ..no segments 

Might work out better 

I agree.  While I have enjoyed this thread and can see what a fun time the ATW's are having, this makes me very hesitant to ever book a segment.  Too easy to feel like a second class passenger.

On 2/19/2019 at 1:17 PM, cbb said:

don't tell everybody how beautiful it is to dine at Terrace--everybody on board will want to come.....shhhhh, it's a secret!!! 🙂     

we eat most of our meals there on every cruise and I don't like it  when someone is sitting at "our" table!

My husband would eat there every morning and night if he could, other than nights when we had specialty restaurant rezzies.  However, I insist on dragging him to the main dining room for dinner once a cruise, just for variety.  But I love eating outside on the Terrace as we're approaching a port.  I bring my camera and look for lighthouses and other stuff like that.  

42 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

I agree.  While I have enjoyed this thread and can see what a fun time the ATW's are having, this makes me very hesitant to ever book a segment.  Too easy to feel like a second class passenger.

We’re joining you all in Sydney for the trip to Tokyo. Make room at the party for us, please. Here we come!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

We joined a segment of the WC a couple of years ago (Singapore to Abu Dhabi) and did not feel that way. This is unlike on Crystal where we very much felt like second class passengers.

Maybe it's because we are very familiar and comfortable on Oceania and were newbies on Crystal?

I would not hesitate doing a segment again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cbb said:

that's a shame that you couldn't have the ATW dinners in the specialty restaurants--

Not at all...to the contrary, the way they set up long tables, and promoted us “mingling”, and meeting other ATW passengers we hadn’t met yet, it was agreat experience being all together innthe Grande.

We have already experienced several meals in the specialty restaurant’s.

This luncheon was a special menu crafted especially for us by a guest chef, Olivier Desaint Martin

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KS&JW said:

Wow!  that does'nt sound FUN for those of us getting on in Southampton.

On 2/24/2019 at 9:47 AM, KS&JW said:

This is not true...half of the ship are doing segments and are treated like everyone else. I never ask what part of the cruise someone is going on...we're just all in this adventure together!  👍  😍

• Like 2

Just now, Go-Bucks! said:

This is not true...half of the ship are doing segments and are treated like everyone else. I never ask what part of the cruise someone is going on...we're just all in this adventure together!  👍  😍

From the post by Bob Brown

It sounded  like only the worldies  were invited  to a special lunch  but you say everyone is treated the same

Interesting

10 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

From the post by Bob Brown

It sounded  like only the worldies  were invited  to a special lunch  but you say everyone is treated the same

Interesting

There are certain things that are for the world cruisers only but this is because we are doing a very special type of cruise...I see no reason why Oceania shouldn't have events for us.  That doesn't mean that we treat those doing segments as second class people...everyone is treated the same but there are some extra events for those doing the ATW.  If I were doing a segment, I would totally understand.  And most events on the ship are for everyone.

• Like 4

Just now, Go-Bucks! said:

There are certain things that are for the world cruisers only but this is because we are doing a very special type of cruise...I see no reason why Oceania shouldn't have events for us.  That doesn't mean that we treat those doing segments as second class people...everyone is treated the same but there are some extra events for those doing the ATW.  If I were doing a segment, I would totally understand.  And most events on the ship are for everyone.

so  the point  is  that the RTW cruisers  do have special treatment  that others do not get to enjoy..so not everyone is  treated the same

Well, why shouldn't they?  The RTW people are spending a LOT more on their trip than segmenters are.  When we had a recent B2B we got a private lunch in the GDR for those of us continuing on to the next cruise.  How did that harm new boarders?  I've always known that these "private lunches" occurred for people continuing on from one leg to another.  That never bothered me!

And it has NOT seemed to me that those booking segments are discriminated against.

That also may depend on the people we're talking about.  I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that CBB mentioned about the 2016 venture that there was some resentment among shorter-termers.  But that certainly does not have to be the case.  From what Bob has said, that is NOT the case this year.

If I were taking a segment on an RTW cruise, I wouldn't expect the same treatment that those people who are on the ship for 180 days will get.  They are ENTITLED to certain benefits as far as I am concerned.

Mura

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mura said:

Well, why shouldn't they?  The RTW people are spending a LOT more on their trip than segmenters are.  When we had a recent B2B we got a private lunch in the GDR for those of us continuing on to the next cruise.  How did that harm new boarders?  I've always known that these "private lunches" occurred for people continuing on from one leg to another.  That never bothered me!

And it has NOT seemed to me that those booking segments are discriminated against.

That also may depend on the people we're talking about.  I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that CBB mentioned about the 2016 venture that there was some resentment among shorter-termers.  But that certainly does not have to be the case.  From what Bob has said, that is NOT the case this year.

If I were taking a segment on an RTW cruise, I wouldn't expect the same treatment that those people who are on the ship for 180 days will get.  They are ENTITLED to certain benefits as far as I am concerned.

Mura

All those sailing are paying for the time they are onboard - I.e. RTW or segments are at daily charge? Oceania don’t advertise it as Segments vs RTW , nor do they appear to say that the treatment will be different. As long as it’s not “in your face”, I’m sure it will be fine. Ships need people to fill staterooms so that Voyages can be taken - simple maths - entitlement should not be a factor. 

I agree  the RTW pax  paid a lot for the cruise  so they should get special perks  but  just do not tell others  that  everyone is treated the same

They are not...  that is  a fact

segment PAX may feel  like they are left out  ..another fact

but they knew signing up  that it was a RTW cruise  & those pax doing the full trip would get extra parties etc..

but for someone part of the RTW to say everyone  gets the same  treatment  is  not correct

Mura  you need to go back & read the post by Bob

the luncheon was a  special menu just for the RTW pax   

I saw that Lyn, but I still don't see why segmenters should be upset by the special lunch for the RTW people. From what I have seen, the RTW people get special cocktail parties and dinners along the way as well.

I wouldn't be upset about any of this.  Maybe I'm the one who is out of the loop.

Just now, Mura said:

I saw that Lyn, but I still don't see why segmenters should be upset by the special lunch for the RTW people. From what I have seen, the RTW people get special cocktail parties and dinners along the way as well.

I wouldn't be upset about any of this.  Maybe I'm the one who is out of the loop.

I would not think people would be upset  either

unless all the special events close the  dining room & lounge often to other pax

then it could be  an issue  .. people complain about large groups taking over certain areas  just imagine  Horizons being closed to 1/3 of the pax because they are not doing the full RTW

JMO

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shiphappy1951 said:

Tomorrow in Auckland, Audrey is looking to join a tour - if anyone has a space available. 

Audrey, We are going to Kelly tarlton s aquarium in Early morning if you wish to join.  I have been there before and it is a splendid little aquarium. There is a free bus downtown at 8:30, 9:30  etc. About a 10 minute ride.  Online ticket is $32, $36 at entrance.  You can call me if you want to join us . cabin 4055  Juanita