“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

Bon Voyage all!!! Glad to see you are off.  Loved what they did to the staterooms. Here are pics of embarkation from New Jersey.

Can you let me know what you had for lunch at the Plaza. 

Also who is the Cruise Director, ACD and Social host.  

Untitled_edited.jpg

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Books4U said:

Bon Voyage all!!! Glad to see you are off.  Loved what they did to the staterooms. Here are pics of embarkation from New Jersey.

Can you let me know what you had for lunch at the Plaza. 

Also who is the Cruise Director, ACD and Social host.  

Untitled_edited.jpg

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Thanks, Bill...I’ll get the names for you later.

Bon voyage and good morning!

Thanks to all who are taking time from a dream trip to post 🙂

We disembarked Insignia yesterday after a great cruise. FYI we left San Juan on time but by DH's calculation we needed to average 16 knots to make NYC on time. January 8th we had medium SW (following-ish) waves and wind but on the 9th and 10th we had NW winds and iirc 5+ meter waves so slowed significantly. 

Initially on the 10th they announced our NYC eta was 2 pm local but then updated eta the morning of the 11th to noon eta. O did a good job keeping us informed and adjusting travel arrangements that had been made through them. Certainly many folks with independent plans had to scramble (as said upthread- ship happens). We were fortunate that our car was in Newark. 

Trivia : warning, may be habit-forming. We had not done on O before but got hooked this trip. 

Ps- I think Nick and Stephanie may rotate off sometime in March. 

We had a larger turnout for our Meet and Greet than I had anticipated...I counted about 40 or so.  It was hard to tell, as we shared space in the Horizon, with a few other activities going on.  We did get a good chance to put faces with names, and get to know each other a bit more.   No participation by O, at all.   We even managed to recruit new CC member(s).:classic_cool:

• Like 3

Thank you Bob for those pictures.  We will not be bringing the adapter.  It will not work.  Having the charge for the phones and I Pad will be fantastic.  We will be back on the Nautica in the fall so will still have the old layout then.  See you on the 29th.  We finally made a printed packing list so we don't forget anything.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ilsun said:

Home sweet home for the next 158 days

IMG_20190111_162354.jpg

IMG_20190111_162335.jpg

IMG_20190111_162304.jpg

Thank You for posting!  We will be in the same concierge A3, Same deck soon.  Could I trouble you to post a photo of the closet and bath?  We will be on for 30 days so trying to decide how much to pack!