Guarantee Assignment

wrongwaywatson

• 2 weeks later...

Good for you! We are sailing Feb 21 on the Royal around Cape Horn from Buenos Aires to LA and booked this over a year ago with a BF guarantee. We still have not been assigned a cabin. When I called to find out when it would be assigned I was told any time right up to embarkation.The ship is overbooked and many people getting move over offers. I just want a room!

Penny

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Desert Kitty said:

Good for you! We are sailing Feb 21 on the Royal around Cape Horn from Buenos Aires to LA and booked this over a year ago with a BF guarantee. We still have not been assigned a cabin. When I called to find out when it would be assigned I was told any time right up to embarkation.The ship is overbooked and many people getting move over offers. I just want a room!

Penny

You’ll get a room, and yes at heck in isn’t unheard of.

2 hours ago, Desert Kitty said:

Penny

Princess does this week in and week out.

It's how they keep their sailings full.

They have it down to a science.

You will have a cabin by sailing day.

You can check the travel summary/bag tags up to sailing day.

It will reflect the cabin there.

It's illogical, but I booked a guaranteed cabin for an upcoming cruise thinking that it would be more likely for a move-up offer, and that the location would be no worse than the options available when I booked.  And, ever since then, I've been feeling a small amount of anxiety about the uncertainty of not having a cabin number.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, winncruiser said:

We are sailing Crown Princess 2/5-2/15 with a guarantee cabin.  Anyone else out there still waiting for a cabin assignment on that cruise?

You’re in the same boat as anyone who books a guarantee, could be today could be when you board.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:22 PM, wrongwaywatson said:

We booked a Guarantee  BF Balcony on our upcoming Crown cruise.   I received the cabin assignment today and it is a B1 Balcony on Caribe, Midship.   I'm pretty happy about that!

Terrific for you! We are also BF guarantee for the Royal in two weeks and are still waiting. Heard they are horribly oversold.

Penny

The latest I got my cabin assignment on a guaranty was at 8:00 p.m. the night before we sailed. 

But I have heard of people who did not get the assignment until they arrived at the pier.  I think it was the porter who told them their cabin assignment -- he looked it up when they checked their bags, so he could put the proper baggage tag on the luggage.

3 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

The latest I got my cabin assignment on a guaranty was at 8:00 p.m. the night before we sailed. 

But I have heard of people who did not get the assignment until they arrived at the pier.  I think it was the porter who told them their cabin assignment -- he looked it up when they checked their bags, so he could put the proper baggage tag on the luggage.

If they had access they probably would have been able to see that cabin assignment on their personalizer before arriving at the port on sailing day.

I realize some passengers may not be able to or want to check.

• Like 1

I guess we're lucky.  We had a BA guarantee on the Sept. 9 Pacific cruise, and we got our cabin assignment last week.  It is a BA cabin in a great location so we had our agent mark it "no upgrade".  

Now we have to wait for a cabin on the Sept. 26 Queen Mary2 to get us back to NYC!  

As long as the location is not way up front like ours was on the Crown......we did the same thing and thought we scored,  but high seas right behind the bridge was not fun for two days......the front of the ship would rise and fall lets say 20-30 feet with each wave making our living quite uncomfortable.  We vowed never to do that again.

On 2/5/2019 at 5:21 PM, Qcruise said:

As long as the location is not way up front like ours was on the Crown......we did the same thing and thought we scored,  but high seas right behind the bridge was not fun for two days......the front of the ship would rise and fall lets say 20-30 feet with each wave making our living quite uncomfortable.  We vowed never to do that again.

Nope, it is 436, pretty mid-ship

I love being at the front of the ship--except the time we were "upgraded" to an ocean view cabin from an unobstructed view guarantee. It was the tiniest possible cabin. I think they used to use a range of square footage for cabin sizes, but I don't see that on the current deck plans. In any case, this cabin was so tiny that my side of the bed was pushed up against the wall.