New Promo $25.00 deposits

Lady Arwen

Celebrity is now offering bookings for $25.00 per person (both U.S. and Canadian dollars) starting today for 7 days.  I just booked Reflection Israel & Med for September 2020 for a really decent price and $25.00 p/p deposit (Canadian $).

I booked today and got 2 perks ($300 obc and Wifi for 2) plus military discount and an additional $100 obc for MLK (total of $400 obc) with $25 refundable deposit per passenger. 

Patty

Edited by cw2go
  • Like 2

I never really understood the draw of a low deposit - all it really means is more to pay later.  Personally, I prefer to get as much out of the way up front as I can.  One way or another, you're going to have to shell it out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sascol said:

I never really understood the draw of a low deposit - all it really means is more to pay later.  Personally, I prefer to get as much out of the way up front as I can.  One way or another, you're going to have to shell it out.

That's right you pay for the deposit of $25.00 each now and you pay $875.00 later you still pay for the deposit at one time or another. It seems  to just be a marketing gimmick to me. I'm sure many pax think their getting a real deal.

J.

39 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

That's what I am seeing Baron. I'm looking at a 10 day and the perks are very nice. Just a little confused if the $150 OBC for is just that, or $300?

I should say on the $150 for 2, is that just $150 or $300 total.

someone should really ban Celebrity's IT department from getting anywhere near their web site.  I wen to check and yes, this is apparently a new offer...but the web site is completely broken so  you can't get anywhere....you just see a list of topics on the left, unformatted.  Ugh!

2 hours ago, Sascol said:

Can come in very handy if you have a huge price drop after early final payment (89-57 Days period) when the cancellation penalty is only the Deposit.   I did it once and gave up the $25pp deposit and gained a $1,000 discount by rebooking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Baron Barracuda said:

So it's $25 deposit + 2 percs or full non-refundable deposit + 3 percs?

Not sure I'm understanding....but I did get refundable deposits of $25 per pax at a total of $50 and my perks are $300 OBC and Wifi for 2 devices plus I received an additional $100 OBC for a MLK promo so totaling $400 OBC all this was priced with a Military Discount. 

Patty 

50 minutes ago, jsf said:

That's right you pay for the deposit of $25.00 each now and you pay $875.00 later you still pay for the deposit at one time or another. It seems  to just be a marketing gimmick to me. I'm sure many pax think their getting a real deal.

J.

I don't see reduced deposits as getting a real deal but I do prefer to hold onto more of my money rather than letting Celebrity for the next 2 years. 

Patty 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Can come in very handy if you have a huge price drop after early final payment (89-57 Days period) when the cancellation penalty is only the Deposit.   I did it once and gave up the $25pp deposit and gained a $1,000 discount by rebooking.

I think the new cancellation policy is now 25% in that time frame.  I guess they closed that loophole!

Also look at the terms and conditions

" Standard full deposit penalty is applied if booking is cancelled within final payment period; see Celebrity's cancellation policy for details "

Edited by wrk2cruise

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I think the new cancellation policy is now 25% in that time frame.  I guess they closed that loophole!

Your correct.   I just checked my bookings for 2020 and 2021 and the 79-59 day is now 25%.   My bookings for 2019 all had the deposit only penalty.   Thanks for point out.

I am confused - I got the e-mail about the $25 deposits and clicked on 'view sailings' I scrolled down to find a cruise I liked and went to make a mock booking and got to the end and it said deposit payable $800... This was just for a standard verandah stateroom and I tried this with 3 different itineraries and all said $800 deposit.... I don't get it

15 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

I am confused - I got the e-mail about the $25 deposits and clicked on 'view sailings' I scrolled down to find a cruise I liked and went to make a mock booking and got to the end and it said deposit payable $800... This was just for a standard verandah stateroom and I tried this with 3 different itineraries and all said $800 deposit.... I don't get it

I didn't click "view sailings" I just did a normal search then booked. I didn't have any trouble at all and the site was working fine for me. Not sure if this will make a difference? 

44 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

People,  you need to read "terms and conditions" on any of these promotions.

*Visit celebritycruises.com for full terms and conditions. $25 Reduced Deposit Offer is applicable to new bookings made Jan. 17th – 23rd 2019, for select cruises departing May 1, 2019 – April 30, 2021. Reduced deposits are per person and exclude group bookings, suites, Celebrity Apex, Alaska Cruisetours and Galapagos sailings. Reduced deposit must be paid by deposit payment required due date. Offer is applicable to the United States, Canada and Australia. To redeem at celebritycruises.com, proceed to the payment page, select "Other" in the deposit field and enter the deposit amount. Standard full deposit penalty is applied if booking is cancelled within final payment period; see Celebrity's cancellation policy for details. Refer to celebritycruises.com and the Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Celebrity reserves the right to cancel the Offer at any time, correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

People,  you need to read "terms and conditions" on any of these promotions.

*Visit celebritycruises.com for full terms and conditions. $25 Reduced Deposit Offer is applicable to new bookings made Jan. 17th – 23rd 2019, for select cruises departing May 1, 2019 – April 30, 2021. Reduced deposits are per person and exclude group bookings, suites, Celebrity Apex, Alaska Cruisetours and Galapagos sailings. Reduced deposit must be paid by deposit payment required due date. Offer is applicable to the United States, Canada and Australia. To redeem at celebritycruises.com, proceed to the payment page, select "Other" in the deposit field and enter the deposit amount. Standard full deposit penalty is applied if booking is cancelled within final payment period; see Celebrity's cancellation policy for details. Refer to celebritycruises.com and the Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Celebrity reserves the right to cancel the Offer at any time, correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

but the cruises I was looking at fell in those dates.... when I clicked on view sailings, it bought up a whole list of cruises and I was assuming that these 'view sailings' would only be ones that had a $25 deposit.... why would they confuse us by putting cruises in the 'view sailings' list that are not on a $25 deposit?

is it because I live in NZ and that offer only applies to USA, Canada, Australia? - or because the cruises I selected were in Asia / India / Japan? 

What I was saying is I don't think their system is setup to automatically give you the reduced deposit.  You have to override the system by selecting "Other" and entering $25 x number of passengers.  This is what I received for booking in the US so you may need to call your local office.

If it were me booking here, I would put what I wanted on 24hr hold then call and complete the booking on the phone.

18 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

but the cruises I was looking at fell in those dates.... when I clicked on view sailings, it bought up a whole list of cruises and I was assuming that these 'view sailings' would only be ones that had a $25 deposit.... why would they confuse us by putting cruises in the 'view sailings' list that are not on a $25 deposit?

is it because I live in NZ and that offer only applies to USA, Canada, Australia? - or because the cruises I selected were in Asia / India / Japan? 

Did you try the instructions in red above?  Otherwise might be that you are a NZ resident. 

To redeem at celebritycruises.com, proceed to the payment page, select "Other" in the deposit field and enter the deposit amount.