Michael'sclub, drinks

fastnloose

59 minutes ago, fastnloose said:

Many thanks, now just wondering about the suite minibar? 

Nope -  

Mini Bar is not included.     RS, Signature and PS and above you get to select two large bottles of spirits of your choice and they stock with beer, soft drinks and spirits of your choice gratis. 

ok thanks Jim.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Nope -  

Mini Bar is not included.     RS, Signature and PS and above you get to select two large bottles of spirits of your choice and they stock with beer, soft drinks and spirits of your choice gratis. 

O.K.thanks Jim.  Could you advise me if the butler would fetch drinks from the bar to the room or should we just go to michael's club?

Don't think the butler serves drinks. We've asked them to swap out the complimentary bottle of sparkling wine for a red or white, but not for drink service. Besides, Michael's Club is a very relaxing place for drinks and I've never been stopped from leaving MC with drinks to take back to the suite, to the show or to dinner.

8 minutes ago, XtaSea said:

Don't think the butler serves drinks. We've asked them to swap out the complimentary bottle of sparkling wine for a red or white, but not for drink service. Besides, Michael's Club is a very relaxing place for drinks and I've never been stopped from leaving MC with drinks to take back to the suite, to the show or to dinner.

O.K. XtaSea, thanks for the info. xx

2 hours ago, fastnloose said:

ok thanks Jim.

O.K.thanks Jim.  Could you advise me if the butler would fetch drinks from the bar to the room or should we just go to michael's club?

The butler is busy enough and does not get guests drinks from bars for them. I have stayed in RS and the PH and have never asked a butler to do this for us.  You may get your own drinks from any bar and bring them back to your cabin.  Depending on who the Michaels Club concierge is, some allow you to take a drink out, but more often they do not allow that. 

5 hours ago, fastnloose said:

ok thanks Jim.

Your Butler can and will bring you a drink but it is not included under your drink package.   You would be charged for the drink.   If you wish one in the room it is best to pick one up and bring to your room.

4 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

The butler is busy enough and does not get guests drinks from bars for them. I have stayed in RS and the PH and have never asked a butler to do this for us.  You may get your own drinks from any bar and bring them back to your cabin.  Depending on who the Michaels Club concierge is, some allow you to take a drink out, but more often they do not allow that. 

We've never been stopped from taking a drink from Michaels Club.  We've even been given a bottle of wine "to go".

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Your Butler can and will bring you a drink but it is not included under your drink package.   You would be charged for the drink.   If you wish one in the room it is best to pick one up and bring to your room.

Thanks for that correction Jim, yes you can order drinks from room service which would most probably be delivered by the butler, but you would be charged for them.  Drink packages cannot be used for this.

Also my comment about some concierges not allowing drinks out of Michaels Club, during the days of the early inception of MC, it was frowned upon to take a drink to go.  It sounds like it now is something that is allowed.  I have never personally taken a drink with me as we usually will stop in there for a before dinner cocktail and then go to Luminae and just order wine with dinner.

If you are in a Sky Suite or a CS you can ask your butler to empty your minibar and then stock yourself by taking drinks back to your room. If you have a drinks package you can ask for unopened bottles and cans from the most convenient bar each time you return to your room. If you have no drinks package Michael’s will give you unopened bottles of water, soda and beer, just take one or two back after visiting.

You are allowed to board with two bottles of wine, bring your favourite to enjoy in suite, saves carrying full glasses. For spirits, before we cruised in mainly RS which has spirits included, you can buy a bar set up of a one litre bottle plus mixers and nuts. Whilst not cheap it is very convenient if you like a regular g+t whilst getting ready in the early evening or a late night cognac on the balcony. However, as others have said, you can usually carry drinks out of Michael’s.

If you have a preferred brand of beer or wine that you know is on the ship but isn’t in Michael’s ask if they could have it for you the next day. We love Michael’s Club, it is a lovely social place for a quiet drink, a pleasant chat and excellent service. Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

While that is the usual case, one of our butlers made a point of getting us drinks from the bar. My wife couldn’t make up her mind on a cocktail so he brought her two and me a bucket of Corona (which took me the rest of the week to get through). It only happened once but we did appreciate it. Only problem was I had to go and buy a bottle opener as there was none in the cabin.

Our butler gave us a bottle of champagne then asked if we wanted a second bottle after we finished the first. Again on rccl if your in a suite lounge has free drinks for only 3.5 hours in micheals it is from early morning to midnight.

4 minutes ago, Canuker said:

So, if I were to snag a "MoveUp" upgrade to cabin class that normally enjoys comp drinks in Michael's Lounge, would I get them too?

Yes if you do a MoveUP to a suite you will get MC access and Luminae as they are part of the stateroom benefits.

Does anyone know if they have blue cheese stuffed olives in Michaels club? DH and I love a good dirty martini and you really need blue cheese stuffed olives for a perfect one. For some reason every time we have asked for these the bartenders look at us like we have two heads. We have had them bring a plate of blue cheese from Murano into Blu for us and we have made our own with the tiny olives they have but would prefer to have them made up for us. 

1 hour ago, Martini Queenie said:

Does anyone know if they have blue cheese stuffed olives in Michaels club? DH and I love a good dirty martini and you really need blue cheese stuffed olives for a perfect one. For some reason every time we have asked for these the bartenders look at us like we have two heads. We have had them bring a plate of blue cheese from Murano into Blu for us and we have made our own with the tiny olives they have but would prefer to have them made up for us. 

We have never seen blue cheese stuffed olives in Michaels club. Just the regular olives they have at all the other bars. My DH would also enjoy that. That said it would not surprise me if they might do it. Generally they are very accommodating and really try to make request happen if possible.

I have to say that each butler has their own way of pleasing you.   On our last cruise our Butler was very attentive and picked up on little things all the time.   I don't drink Alcohol while my partner does.   About half way through the cruise,  suddenly a bottle of non-alcoholic wine and a half dozen cans of non-alcoholic beer were left for me.   Every time I finished the wine another bottle would appear.   It was really nice of him but truly was more than I could consume.   We ended up brining 2 bottles down to Michael's Club as the bar tender was running low on it.