Michael'sclub, drinks

fastnloose

3 hours ago, Martini Queenie said:

Does anyone know if they have blue cheese stuffed olives in Michaels club? DH and I love a good dirty martini and you really need blue cheese stuffed olives for a perfect one. For some reason every time we have asked for these the bartenders look at us like we have two heads. We have had them bring a plate of blue cheese from Murano into Blu for us and we have made our own with the tiny olives they have but would prefer to have them made up for us. 

Have this conversation with the Michael’s concierge second day of cruise...First day they are always really busy, we leave them in peace unless there is a real issue!

If you are fairly predictable in your drinking habits and say you will be in Michael’s most nights between x and y time they probably will arrange to have a few for you. However, if you are more ‘nomadic’ in your drinking habits they may be able to arrange a few to be delivered to your suite each afternoon....You can then take them with you wherever you are having your pre-dinner drinks.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, groryjm said:

when we were on Silhouette last September the Champagne my ML was served was Perrier Jouet and my Negroni had Tanqueray Ten...... So yes if it is on the ship it can be in Michaels. Just ask🍸:classic_rolleyes:🍾

You would have had Cranston in Michael’s. He would do what he could to look after all guests. We had him a few years ago and met him the next cruise. My wife asked him for Bacardi. He left Michael’s and returned with a bottle of Lemon Bacardi which was what she had on the previous cruise.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank
  • Like 1

On January 18, 2019 at 3:27 PM, CruisersTimesThree said:

The butler is busy enough and does not get guests drinks from bars for them. I have stayed in RS and the PH and have never asked a butler to do this for us.  You may get your own drinks from any bar and bring them back to your cabin.  Depending on who the Michaels Club concierge is, some allow you to take a drink out, but more often they do not allow that. 

I've been in Michael's Club on every ship except Edge and have never been told that I could not take a drink out of MC. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

You would have had Cranston in Michael’s. He would do what he could to look after all guests. We had him a few years ago and met him the next cruise. My wife asked him for Bacardi. He left Michael’s and returned with a bottle of Lemon Bacardi which was what she had on the previous cruise.

Cranston was great at Christmas. Loved his singing! Always had champagne chilled for us before dinner and 20-year port for us after dinner

40 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

We did indeed have Cranston on our last cruise on Silly but I gathered he was going to Edge via Equinox.

We have been served by some amazing bar staff at Michael's on various ships over the years and the one thing they all have in common is a overwhelming willingness to please . 

On January 18, 2019 at 3:27 PM, CruisersTimesThree said:

The butler is busy enough and does not get guests drinks from bars for them. I have stayed in RS and the PH and have never asked a butler to do this for us.  You may get your own drinks from any bar and bring them back to your cabin.  Depending on who the Michaels Club concierge is, some allow you to take a drink out, but more often they do not allow that. 

That's the opposite of our experience!  We have always been able to leave with our cocktails or glass of wine and it's frequently our last stop of the night for a glass of wine to enjoy in our room.  We have had small "parties" in our cabins and we all go to MC for cocktails then return for items the butler has provided.   In fact I rarely get a glass of wine or cocktail anywhere else because the MC bartenders always know what we like.   

3 hours ago, Orator said:

I've been in Michael's Club on every ship except Edge and have never been told that I could not take a drink out of MC. 

In the early days of Michael's Club we most definitely were told by three different concierges on two different ships that we could not take a drink out.  The first one was on Constellation (I think it was the 2nd week that Michael's Club was operational on that ship) and the other was on Summit  (actually several times we cruised on Summit we were told we could not bring drinks out of MC). All 3 of those concierges are now suite managers (and justifiably so, as they were wonderful and very responsive to guests).  I believe they got their direction from Miami.  I know now that taking a drink out of Michael's Club or the Retreat Lounge is not a problem.

4 hours ago, groryjm said:

We did indeed have Cranston on our last cruise on Silly but I gathered he was going to Edge via Equinox.

We have been served by some amazing bar staff at Michael's on various ships over the years and the one thing they all have in common is a overwhelming willingness to please . 

We had him on a few cruises. When we left the ship in March last year his schedule meant we would see him this year. When we met him in October on the Silhouette, he was going to be on vacation, which he has now started, and returning to the Reflection. 

30 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

We had him on a few cruises. When we left the ship in March last year his schedule meant we would see him this year. When we met him in October on the Silhouette, he was going to be on vacation, which he has now started, and returning to the Reflection. 

We had him for 3 straight years. After the first year, when we walked in he knew what to bring us. He always gave my wife a cocktail to go, without asking for it. He will be missed on the Silhouette for sure. The people there puts it on the top of our list....

5 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Cranston is truly a fine bartender.   We really enjoy his sense of humor and great service. 

2 hours ago, jcpc said:

In the early days of Michael's Club we most definitely were told by three different concierges on two different ships that we could not take a drink out.  The first one was on Constellation (I think it was the 2nd week that Michael's Club was operational on that ship) and the other was on Summit  (actually several times we cruised on Summit we were told we could not bring drinks out of MC). All 3 of those concierges are now suite managers (and justifiably so, as they were wonderful and very responsive to guests).  I believe they got their direction from Miami.  I know now that taking a drink out of Michael's Club or the Retreat Lounge is not a problem.

Agree with you.  When MC first was launched they discouraged drinks being taken from MC.   Even on those cruises the bartender asked if we want one for the road when we left for the evening - near closing time.   The MCC wasn't there so maybe he was making exceptions.   

For those who are saying that they had no problem taking a drink out of Michael's Club: did you also have a beverage package? On my first "suite" cruise I had no problem taking a glass of wine out to dinner or back to my cabin; I also had the beverage package. On my next "suite" cruise, I had no beverage package and was told we could not take drinks out of Michael's. Someone on an earlier thread on this board said, "They know who has a drink package and who doesn't."  

7 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

For those who are saying that they had no problem taking a drink out of Michael's Club: did you also have a beverage package? On my first "suite" cruise I had no problem taking a glass of wine out to dinner or back to my cabin; I also had the beverage package. On my next "suite" cruise, I had no beverage package and was told we could not take drinks out of Michael's. Someone on an earlier thread on this board said, "They know who has a drink package and who doesn't."  

Having a drinks package is irrelevant. How would the bar staff now if you did or didn't as one never shows ones card in MC. The MCC might know as they can check their computer but I very much doubt that the bar staff are allowed to access that and they could only have printed list of names. 

I think if one were to only go into Michaels to grab a drink to take out it might be seen as an abuses and the bar staff might say no then. But if on the other hand you have been part of the pre dinner throng and then leave to go to dinner taking your drink with you or head up to your room at the end of the evening taking your last drink up as a nightcap I cant imagine ever being told no.

Most evenings at the tail of the day I will go to Michaels to have a night cap and round the day off with who ever is there and then head back to the room with a fresh drink for myself, DW and DD. I have only got into this habit because the various bar staff at the different Michaels clubs have encouraged and suggested it.

Re: Blue cheese olives.

i have NEVER found them on a celebrity ship yet. 

On our last cruise i carried two jars on with me, and took them to the martini bar.

This made many jealous, (although i offered to share) and even got me a visit from the food and beverage manager who laughed and said he would like to stock them but can’t due to the cost. It was a funny twist to our cruise. No one minded, even at check in they inspected the jars, but let me right on through.

On 19 January 2019 at 12:20 PM, Gordoncruickshank said:

it. Only problem was I had to go and buy a bottle opener as there was none in the cabin.

Don't the suites have one inside the bathroom, there has always been one in the bathroom in the veranda cabins we sail in!

On 1/18/2019 at 10:50 AM, fastnloose said:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the drinks in Michael's club are complimentary.  This is our first time in a suite.

On 1/18/2019 at 10:55 AM, CruisersTimesThree said:

Yes they are

OK, so since this subject has been broached, I won't feel so silly asking some simple questions. We also will be first timers in a suite this summer.

I've seen some pictures of the coolers in Michael's Club, they were stocked with Caffeine Free Diet Coke (yes, I know colored water that is bad for you, but what can I say?!) - are all the ships stocked with Caff Free DC, or was that just that particular ship/sailing?

So, you have gotten your drink package as a perk, but if you are in a suite it really only applies outside Michael's Club, since you would get drinks free in the Club anyway, correct?

I know this next cannot be answered completely, but  - on my last cruise I saw waitstaff coming out of Michaels, going to the Ensemble Bar and get orders filled, then taking back to Michaels. I wouldn't expect the bar to be complete in Michaels, but what is it like? Do they stock some/all the premium package liquor? Can they do frozen cocktails? In general terms, what is the wine list like?

Should I just stop and wait and see???

12 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

OK, so since this subject has been broached, I won't feel so silly asking some simple questions. We also will be first timers in a suite this summer.

I've seen some pictures of the coolers in Michael's Club, they were stocked with Caffeine Free Diet Coke (yes, I know colored water that is bad for you, but what can I say?!) - are all the ships stocked with Caff Free DC, or was that just that particular ship/sailing?

So, you have gotten your drink package as a perk, but if you are in a suite it really only applies outside Michael's Club, since you would get drinks free in the Club anyway, correct?

I know this next cannot be answered completely, but  - on my last cruise I saw waitstaff coming out of Michaels, going to the Ensemble Bar and get orders filled, then taking back to Michaels. I wouldn't expect the bar to be complete in Michaels, but what is it like? Do they stock some/all the premium package liquor? Can they do frozen cocktails? In general terms, what is the wine list like?

Should I just stop and wait and see???

1) Don't drink soda, so can't help on that one.

2) Yes, your beverage package you would use outside of Michael's Club (MC); all beverages inside MC are complimentary regardless of what (if any) package you have. You would use the beverage package at other bars/lounges and restaurants; it does not cover room service or mini bar (unless in Royal Suite or higher, in which case mini bar is included).

3) There is a decent selection of wine/liquor at MC. A nice perk, is generally they will stock items of your preference; it may take a day or two but they aim to please. For example last cruise my wife requested they stock a sparkling rose for her and I requested a sake that was available at Sushi on 5 as well as Green Chartreuse; within a day or two they obtained all of this. I have seen people have frozen drinks in MC on occasion; not sure if they have the capability to make it at MC itself, or if the bartender retrieved them from another bar.

MC is a wonderful perk; enjoy your suite!

3 hours ago, downsmead said:

Don't the suites have one inside the bathroom, there has always been one in the bathroom in the veranda cabins we sail in!

We were in an S1 at the time and I had a look around everywhere and didn’t want to ask the Butler for one< so I bought one from the shop which I still take with me each cruise.

1 hour ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

We were in an S1 at the time and I had a look around everywhere and didn’t want to ask the Butler for one< so I bought one from the shop which I still take with me each cruise.

We used to take our trusty Swiss Army knife until one cruise my husband got called down to the naughty room and it was confiscated until the end of the cruise 😂, it now stays at home!!