Cutting it Close.

andie717

We are on a cruise arriving in Miami at 8:00 on Sunday, 3/24.  We have a flight out of FLL at 11:00.  I know this is close, we do have a backup plan and funds if needed.  That being said, I really want to make this flight!!!  Can anyone give any advice?  I assume self disembark is a must?  We have never done that before, usually having a much bigger time cushion.  What time would you plan to head down if you wanted to be off the ship quickly?  We do have FTTF.  It says you can choose early or late debarkation, but what does that mean?  Thinking we will just grab an UberXL...  Any other tips or thoughts?  And positive vibes or prayers accepted too!  😁

For a flight leaving FLL at 11:00 you need to be at the airport by about 9:30, and 9:00 is better with The typical TPA chaos.  With the drive from POM to FLL taking 30-45 minutes that translates into off the ship and clear of customs and immigration by 8:00 or so.  Line up early, carry your bags off, and grab the first cab in line (fare will be about $75).

With FTTF and self disembark you will get a letter in your cabin telling you where to meet to be lead off the ship before the rest of the passengers who "line up" can get off! IF you don't get the letter go to Guest Services and ask about it the night before debarkation.

You will be off after Plat and Diamonds are off and before everyone else!

With that said, it is still a rush to get to  FLL airport and through security for your flight.

Good luck!!

2 hours ago, riffatsea said:

With FTTF and self disembark you will get a letter in your cabin telling you where to meet to be lead off the ship before the rest of the passengers who "line up" can get off! IF you don't get the letter go to Guest Services and ask about it the night before debarkation.

You will be off after Plat and Diamonds are off and before everyone else!

With that said, it is still a rush to get to  FLL airport and through security for your flight.

Good luck!!

Thanks!  Good to know about the letter.  Like I said, never needed it before.  Fingers crossed it goes according to plan!  🙂

I got off the Regal Princess yesterday which was a Sunday morning and had to go home to Brickell Ave in Miami which is close to Port Miami.  I walked off at 8 am, got my bags and was through immigration quickly.  Packed the car and drove home in the rain and I was home 9:30.

FTTF = faster to the fun, a premium feature on Carnival cruises allowing for priority boarding, etc. (for a fee!)

I would post your Allure questions on the cruise line board - we mix up too many lines and are not diamond, silver, gold, platinum, preferred, ambassador, super-duper, etc. on any of them.

4 hours ago, teacherman said:

What is FTTF?  Do Diamond+ have priority on self disembarkation on Allure?

You don't really need it unless you have an 8AM flight...

On Allure, walk down at 6:45 and the self-disembarkation line is gone and you can just walk off the ship.

I wouldn’t recommend booking a flight this early, but we made an 830am flight out of FLL after disembarking in MIA. We were supposed to be on a later flight but got to the airport around 730am so we were able to standby on the earlier flight. We did self assist debarkation and used Uber