Jersey Boys show on Bliss - Language warning

awreaper

I don't want to turn this in to an argument about acceptable language but I wanted to advise anyone going to the Jersey Boys show on the Bliss that it does contain some strong language.  In addition to the "d" and "s" words, they drop the F-bomb about 15-20 times during the show.  Prior to entering the show they do have signs that state the show contains "authentic New Jersey profane language".  Just a heads up in case anyone is offended by this language or has little ears going to the show.

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

So, if you are warned, why is this an issue? 

Because "authentic New Jersey profane language" can mean any number of things.  I wanted to clarify it for anyone looking to go to this show.

I applaud NCL for bringing real Broadway shows to their stage without changing scripts or removing curse words.  If you want to see a children's show or a show without curse words, I would suggest cruising Disney.   As we all know, the Jr High school bus has far worse language than ANY show on NCL or Broadway and I don't see parents rushing to put warning signs at the bus stop about foul language.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, david_sobe said:

I applaud NCL for bringing real Broadway shows to their stage without changing scripts or removing curse words.  If you want to see a children's show or a show without curse words, I would suggest cruising Disney.   As we all know, the Jr High school bus has far worse language than ANY show on NCL or Broadway and I don't see parents rushing to put warning signs at the bus stop about foul language.

As I said in the original post "I don't want to turn this in to an argument about acceptable language".   The post was just a heads up to everyone that the language is there, do with it as you will.  

1 hour ago, awreaper said:

As I said in the original post "I don't want to turn this in to an argument about acceptable language".   The post was just a heads up to everyone that the language is there, do with it as you will.  

And I agree with you. I was just making the point what frustrates me.  A movie can have several curse words and still be rated PG where kids can pay and watch without parental supervision.   It amazes me how parents would take their kids to an adult themed Broadway show and be shocked there are curse words.  If those parents want to live in such a pure world, I salute them.  But why are they are a cruise ship with gambling machines, Laser Tag where people shoot each other, and endless alcohol sales. It just makes no sense. Its like going to a hockey game and complaining a fight broke out on the ice.

Edited by david_sobe