What happened to our signatures and the countdown clock?

when they update the forum software a few months ago, they changed the requirements of the signatures. you can only have 10 lines of text and i think 1 or two images. they are also restrictions on the image sizes. the old countdown clocks is no longer compatible with these requirements

You should see your login on the right hand side of the page. Click on it and you will see Account Settings. Click on that and you will see Signature. The Countdown Clock form is:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm When you finish your information you will see a highlighted link - copy it, go back to your Account settings, click on it, go to Signature and click on it and you should be able to paste your countdown clock info. I had so much trouble trying to find the Countdown Clock page after the new CC website rolled out, I ended up bookmarking the web address above. It has worked fine for me. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/29/2019 at 7:50 PM, Djptcp said:

You should see your login on the right hand side of the page. Click on it and you will see Account Settings. Click on that and you will see Signature. The Countdown Clock form is:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm When you finish your information you will see a highlighted link - copy it, go back to your Account settings, click on it, go to Signature and click on it and you should be able to paste your countdown clock info. I had so much trouble trying to find the Countdown Clock page after the new CC website rolled out, I ended up bookmarking the web address above. It has worked fine for me. Good luck!

Apparently, the countdown clock is - again - not working! I followed your link, filled out the form, then copied the highlighted link to my signature. However, when trying to save the signature, I got an error!

BTW, the highlighted link code is EXACTLY the same as it used to be, referencing a page that no longer exists on the CC website. 😞

• 3 weeks later...

@CC Help Michell Thanks for moving this thread to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum!

Howdy all y'all! emo22.gif 

The https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm link mentioned above will NO LONGER work in a Cruise Critic signature. The Cruise Critic Countdown Clock from the old vBulletin software that we all knew and loved has passed, therefore it is no longer with us. 💔 😭

I remember there being a "birth" announcement when they were born, just cannot remember the actual date. Our beloved countdown clock has passed away and NOT to be resurrected in the future. ⚰️ This is due to the new servers back in May 2019, NOT the new Invision Community software currently in use at this time since the October 2018 conversion from vBulletin software. 

For more information about the situation, please read CC Help Jenn's post #57 and then Laura's post #62 in a thread in this forum titled Countdown Clocks started back in May 2019. Laura's post is on June 17, 2019 so that is the DOD I used below on the tombstone:

🛳️ OUR BELOVED CRUISE CRITIC COUNTDOWN CLOCK 🚢

RIP

200? - June 17, 2019

countdown.gif.fa94305be74524e8ddb412b025ed4754.gif.87ba3fad665392c0e45a95bef17d0a8a.gif

Please feel free to look for a compatible cruise countdown clock on Google or cruise line website. Or note the countdown clock types currently showing in the signatures of your fellow Cruise Critic members. Find one you like there or on Google, create it, and then paste the code into your signature as directed by your chosen countdown clock website.

To everyone reading this thread, please check your signatures for old Cruise Critic Countdown Clock codes and remove them. This will get rid of the dead code such as the following: countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=dreadpir Also, you will then have more lines you can use in your signature! emo3.gif  Please pass the word on to your friends and family that are Cruise Critic members if you see they still have dead Cruise Critic Countdown Clock codes in their signatures.

BTW, just a friendly reminder of the Signatures section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships :

Signatures
Cruise Critic has the following suggestions for keeping your online signatures manageable:

• Keep your images to around three (approx) -- which would include a picture, clipart, photo or your countdown.
  • Try not to have any one image that is TOO large, which then takes additional time for your fellow members to download,
  • If you have a LONG LIST of prior cruises, think about chopping off some, OR rearrange them horizontally rather than vertically;
  • From time to time, browse through your signature and eliminate any extra blank lines, or old countdown codes, etc.
 Cruise Critic reserves the right to remove/delete portions of your online signature and will let you know that we've had to resize your online signature.

Also, do not worry about the amount of lines. They are unlimited now. However, it is greatly appreciated by all if you try to keep your signature as small as possible. It takes a while sometimes for them to show up when the Expand signature feature is used.

I sincerely hope the above information will be helpful to all and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

• Host Kat changed the title to What happened to our signatures and the countdown clock?