FLL AIRPORT TO EMBASSY SUITES TRANSPORTATION?

Arwen

We have been to Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International airport numerous times.  One thing...is that getting picked up from the airport is a crazy experience.  One of the worst airports for that that I have ever been to.  Now, that I have vented....which shuttle service would you recommend for easy pick up?  Often it is a guessing game as to where to meet the shuttle...done that...been there, got the Tee shirt!  So, which shuttle service is stellar...is not into overpacking  their vans with humans and baggage (been there, too!) and can handle three pieces of luggage plus two carry-ons and two adults?  We will be going from the airport to the Embassy Suites on 17th and Front St.  Thank you all in advance.  I am making last minute arrangements while pulling out my hair....;-))

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, goofy559 said:

Just order an UBER.  They have a specific pick up area and are far cheaper than a shuttle.

YES...Use UBER...I have used them & they’re excellent. They do have a specific area for pick up. Easy Peasy. 

Tom😎

Edited by trbarton

10 minutes ago, c-boy said:

Good question op & I'm with ya. I'm done with packed like a sardine in a shuttle. 

Being an anxious person (anxiety disorder) being packed into a van like that is horrible.  The last time we took a shuttle, the slider door was blocked with luggage. UNSAFE.  :-((

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, trbarton said:

YES...Use UBER...I have used them & they’re excellent. They do have a specific area for pick up. Easy Peasy. 

Tom😎

Can you give me a general description of where the designated Uber pick up area is?  And is there a way to order an Uber that can handle that much luggage?  We have ordered used Uber before but often the person that shows up has a small vehicle and I get squished by my own luggage...;-))  I know at Sea-Tac has an area for ubers and they line up and you have to wait...and wait....but my big concern is getting a vehicle that can handle all of our stuff (49 day South America cruise here we come!)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Can you give me a general description of where the designated Uber pick up area is?  And is there a way to order an Uber that can handle that much luggage?  We have ordered used Uber before but often the person that shows up has a small vehicle and I get squished by my own luggage...;-))  I know at Sea-Tac has an area for ubers and they line up and you have to wait...and wait....but my big concern is getting a vehicle that can handle all of our stuff (49 day South America cruise here we come!)

Uber/Lyft pickup in the same area that the taxis do. Exit baggage claim and follow the signs.

I always thought FLL was one of the better airports to get ground transportation.

It's only a coupe of miles to the port and you can see the ships from some of the gates.

Uber usually runs less than $15 depending how demand is trending at the time.

If you are worried about having too much luggage take a cab. They are right there as well.

6 minutes ago, Arwen said:

From Uber's website..  https://www.uber.com/airports/fll/

As far as luggage, especially at SeaTac where you're almost guaranteed to get a Prius leaving the airport.  We've actually had to stack some of our luggage in the front seat.

Both times we've used Uber at FLL we got Toyota Corollas and had no issue. 

Edited by Kenswing

16 minutes ago, c-boy said:

49 days ! ya get a Whoop  Whoop ! your gonna need something bigger than uber :classic_laugh:

Indeed.  I would like to order an SUV or even a limo.  Hubby doesn't want to do that.....Sigh..But I am always the one that has to have the luggage "all over me"...Ha!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Indeed.  I would like to order an SUV or even a limo.  Hubby doesn't want to do that.....Sigh..But I am always the one that has to have the luggage "all over me"...Ha!  

You can order an UberXL instead of the standard UberX.

FWIW - I've tried both Uber and Lyft at FLL and from the hotel to the port. Lyft has always been a few bucks less. Check both their websites when you are ready to travel and get an accurate to the minute cost comparison. 

Safe travels!

2 hours ago, goofy559 said:

Just order an UBER.  They have a specific pick up area and are far cheaper than a shuttle.

Great idea but verizon service is so bad at FLL outside that it has been impossible to use Uber.  We just grab a taxi.  Least trouble.

2 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Great idea but verizon service is so bad at FLL outside that it has been impossible to use Uber.  We just grab a taxi.  Least trouble.

2 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Good to know.  Hubby has AT & T and I have the Google Project plan.  So, we are hopefully covered both ways.  We have not had problem with cell service at the airport, though.  

1 hour ago, Arwen said:

I'm the packer in our outfit.  I'll never profess to being a light packer. Limo service and arrive in style is motto. 

1 hour ago, Reina del Mar said:

We just exited the airport and caught a taxi to Embassy Suites...about $20 US.

Then $12 US from Embassy Suites to Port. (Dock No 2 Royal Princess) Called by Valet at hotel, arrived within 5 mins.

I agree. A taxi may be easier than Uber as they pick-up right outside the baggage claim area. The fare to the Embassy Suites shouldn't be more than $12-15 + tip. 

We use taxis - quick and readily available.  

FLL has different terminals - I think we come into Terminal two when we arrive  - there are good signs directing to the taxi stand and there is always a taxi attendant.  There are four of us plus lots of luggage and the taxi attendant always makes sure we get the right sized taxi.  

I would assume all the terminals are similarly signed and staffed.  

We pay about $20 to the Embassy Suites.  Grabbing a taxi is quick and easy and only a few dollars more than the other options described by other posters, plus we don't have to worry about finding our ride.   

You could always book a private car service.  I can tell you that it will probably cost triple what anUber would cost, but it will meet your criteria of  not being crowded. We booked with Larry’s Limos, and we thought we’d get a sedan, and they actually sent a stretch limo both times. LOL. 

We took a longer trip, but I did inquire in the past about the cost from FLL to a local hotel and I believe the cost would have been approximately $49.   

I know what you mean about the sardine shuttles.  We always take the shuttle while staying at Hyatt Place, as it is almost free, but those Embassy Suite shuttles always have a plethora of folks waiting to get onboard. 

Edited by 4cats4me

I used Uber to go from the Renaissance to the port.  Guess I didn't do it right, first timer, as what the app said and what I paid were different!  In saying that, I think I would stick to a taxi as I wasn't too fond of the experience!  Have taxied to 17th area with no issues!

snow bunny