When to buy internet package

windsurferfirst

We are boarding the Regal on Sunday and due to illness at home I want to be able to stay in touch with family. Normally I don't bother buying internet packages I quiet like not being bombarded with message while I'm away but this time is different. My question is do I buy the package now through my personaliser or on ship?

2 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

On our April cruise on the Royal they’re offering unlimited internet for $59.99 when purchased through the Cruise Personalizer before the cruise.  They advertise that price as being an over 50% discount over purchasing onboard.

Well my question has been answered. I have just looked on my personaliser and they don't have any internet packages just a cabin to shore call package. I will enquire on board.

2 hours ago, windsurferfirst said:

Well my question has been answered. I have just looked on my personaliser and they don't have any internet packages just a cabin to shore call package. I will enquire on board.

Perhaps you are too close to sail date.  Some pre-purchase items go away prior to sale date.   There will be deals on board for embarkation day, so take care of this item before the day is over.

1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

Perhaps you are too close to sail date.  Some pre-purchase items go away prior to sale date.   There will be deals on board for embarkation day, so take care of this item before the day is over.

We are sailing in April on the Regal TA and they are still only offering the calling package. :classic_sad:

• Like 1

We just were on the Royal.  On the first day only you could buy internet for $9.99 per day.  We had free internet minutes for being platinum status. With three days left in the cruise we had to buy an internet package, it was $45.00 for three days for one device.

Dennis

14 hours ago, windsurferfirst said:

Thanks for your reply. I did wonder if it was because we are close to sail day. 

Where do I need to go to purchase internyon board, customer service?

Stop by the Internet cafe and see what they might be offering.  They should have instructions for sign on available as well.  

• Like 1

I'm on the Royal now and prior to the sail date I took the $99.00 Medallion package for unlimitied internet even though as Platnium we each had 500 minutes. The internet speed speed is fantastic and I don't have to logoff and worry about using up minutes. A visit to speedtest.net resulted in 102mb upload and 41mb download. My advice is if you are offered a pre cruise unlimited internet package regardless of your Princess Level, TAKE IT!

Howard

20 hours ago, windsurferfirst said:

Thanks for your reply. I did wonder if it was because we are close to sail day. 

Where do I need to go to purchase internet on board, customer service?

To purchase your Internet package, just use your device (cell phone, lap top, etc). Instructions to connect will usually be on the front page of the embarkation day Patter.

Instructions can change, but recently the initial sign on to purchase a package was:

a) Put device in airplane mode (if applicable)

b) Turn on wi-fi in settings and connect to ship's network

c) Open web browser and go to onboard.princess.com

d) When the Princess@Sea page comes up, choose "Internet" from the bottom toolbar

e) Select your Internet plan

Somewhere in the process you will be asked to identify yourself and choose a password.

If you do need any assistance in doing this, the Internet manager will be in the Internet Cafe in hours listed in the Patter.

If you do purchase a minutes plan, be sure to follow signoff instructions or your minutes will continue to countdown even if you turn off your digital device.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

To purchase your Internet package, just use your device (cell phone, lap top, etc). Instructions to connect will usually be on the front page of the embarkation day Patter.

Instructions can change, but recently the initial sign on to purchase a package was:

a) Put device in airplane mode (if applicable)

b) Turn on wi-fi in settings and connect to ship's network

c) Open web browser and go to onboard.princess.com

d) When the Princess@Sea page comes up, choose "Internet" from the bottom toolbar

e) Select your Internet plan

Somewhere in the process you will be asked to identify yourself and choose a password.

If you do need any assistance in doing this, the Internet manager will be in the Internet Cafe in hours listed in the Patter.

If you do purchase a minutes plan, be sure to follow signoff instructions or your minutes will continue to countdown even if you turn off your digital device.

Thank you so much that is really helpful information.

Our Medallion cruise on the CB in August also does not show any internet packages for pre-sale.  Just the phone package.  We are Platinum and get free minutes, but for $99 I will probably upgrade to the unlimited package.

I just don't know why it doesn't show up for purchase in our personalizer?  I wouldn't think we are too close or too far out.

I am sailing on 2/17/19 on the Emerald.  I am elite and get the 150 free minutes.  They are offering unlimited now for $99 and Princess says regular price $129.00.  Wondering if they offer a deal when we board because we get free minutes or if I should buy the $99 plan now.  Does anyone have any clue??

Thanks

10 hours ago, caribill said:

Try your best to get it all done without involving the internet mgr. The lines/wait can be awful. Especially the first couple of days. 

But if you need assistance , we’ve found them to be very helpful. 

31 minutes ago, Daniel1313 said:

I am sailing on 2/17/19 on the Emerald.  I am elite and get the 150 free minutes.  They are offering unlimited now for $99 and Princess says regular price $129.00.  Wondering if they offer a deal when we board because we get free minutes or if I should buy the $99 plan now.  Does anyone have any clue??

Thanks

Were it me, I’d buy the discounted $99 pre-sail package. The $99 deal is totally separate and apart from your free minutes. It represents, IMO, one of the best deals afloat. 

Youll lose your free minutes, but who cares. You’ll be bucks ahead. 

1 hour ago, Daniel1313 said:

Thanks

I believe that the onboard offer for Platinum/Elite minutes is the $99 price you can purchase pre-cruise. Non-Platinmum/Elite members will be charged a higher price onboard. When you first sign in to set up your Internet access, it will display your minutes benefit and offer the option of purchasing the unlimited package instead of using your minutes.

2 hours ago, pompeii said:

Our Medallion cruise on the CB in August also does not show any internet packages for pre-sale.  Just the phone package.  We are Platinum and get free minutes, but for $99 I will probably upgrade to the unlimited package.

I just don't know why it doesn't show up for purchase in our personalizer?  I wouldn't think we are too close or too far out.

I suspect it does not show up yet because they are still experimenting with pricing options. It will likely show up in a month or two.

We got off the Regal last Sunday. I purchased the unlimited package for one device. The sale is good for the first 24 hours and the total cost was $52.50.  My sister got the four devices package and I believe it was about $102.00 for the week. 

On 2/7/2019 at 7:28 AM, galsmiley said:

I just got off a 7 day on the Royal.  I am Platinum.  On the first day of the cruise, I got a discounted rate of $52.49 for the unlimited MedallionNet for the week.

I didn't know they already had the MedallionNet.  Good to know.  Is it working as you'd expect?