Carnival Vacation Guarantee....I think I made a mistake!

NoName

3 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

I dont think not liking a ship and not enough shade would be grounds for this guarantee, would it ?

I believe the guarantee is fairly liberal.  I don't remember what it says verbatim, but it's something along the lines of unhappy with the cruise.

48 minutes ago, evandbob said:

The OP said they were having a tough time enjoying their cruise and were wondering if anyone had used Carnival's vacation guarantee.  I don't think that most posters here have addressed that question. (to the OP, I haven't done it in 40 Carnival cruises).

Most of the comments above try to impugn the OP's observation/reaction to being unable to enjoy themselves or venture off into illogical tangents like fines for leaving the ship.  If the OP did invoke the vacation guarantee, there would be no fine for them involved.  Another illogical tangent was that some posters enjoyed themselves on short cruisers, why can't the OP?  Didn't they know what they were getting into?

Why can't posters just accept that everyone experiences a cruise differently, and even the same cruise at a later date with the same itinerary can evoke different reactions?  

Do not know the answer, but why is that people take offense at posters questioning something?  Is it OK to question why someone gets on a ship (especially an experienced cruiser) and comes here to ask that?  Are you sure there would be no fine if they in fact violated the act? From my viewpoint is certainly not a tangent do bring it up. Certainly not an expert here, but I would have thought just the opposite.  

1 minute ago, bury me at sea said:

I believe the guarantee is fairly liberal.  I don't remember what it says verbatim, but it's something along the lines of unhappy with the cruise.

I have heard 2nd hand of the details, and while Carnival does honor it, they go to significant lengths to rectify any issues before doing so.  

I just re-read the guarantee.  It specifically states the passenger will not be responsible for any fines levied for disembarking at a US port.

Jimbo I agree Carnival would do its best to resolve the issue but ultimately it would honor the passenger's decision, according to the way it is written.

On 2/8/2019 at 12:41 PM, fair-winds39 said:

Not sure if you have cruised with Carnival before. Usually when we cruise with a new cruise line we research the ship/cruise line we're interested in before we book our vacation (i.e., ship layout, amenities, etc., etc.). That way you know what to expect in advance. I can't comment on shorter cruises but I've heard they can be a more "party" atmosphere.

I am actually platinum on Carnival and am a big supporter of the line. I have sailed many of the mainstream lines and enjoyed them all.  I am however, very new to the short  cruise market. I admit that I didn't research this ship before booking. I am travelling with my sister and due to personal time constraints, she couldn't originally spare as much time as usual for a vacation. We settled on the original 5 day cruise with RCL. However, really close to sailing, it worked out that she could take a longer vacation. We added this trip on the sensation, last minute as it departed on the same day the Majesty returned.

I should mention that in the end, we didn't attempt to get off. We stayed onboard and have managed to have an okay time. However, I have learned that I will NEVER book a short carnival Cruise again and I will never book this class of ship again.

While the Majesty and Sensation are only one year apart, the Majesty is in so much better shape. The Sensation looks, old, run down and ready to be retired. I didn't feel this way about the Majesty at all. Really "low class".

Finally, my trips with Carnival in the last few years have been journey cruises. In Sept I did a journey cruise to Hawaii. In the future, I will  book these types trips with Carnival. I have much more in common with travelers on longer voyages.  

Edited by NoName
Typo

3 hours ago, evandbob said:

The OP said they were having a tough time enjoying their cruise and were wondering if anyone had used Carnival's vacation guarantee.  I don't think that most posters here have addressed that question. (to the OP, I haven't done it in 40 Carnival cruises).

Most of the comments above try to impugn the OP's observation/reaction to being unable to enjoy themselves or venture off into illogical tangents like fines for leaving the ship.  If the OP did invoke the vacation guarantee, there would be no fine for them involved.  Another illogical tangent was that some posters enjoyed themselves on short cruisers, why can't the OP?  Didn't they know what they were getting into?

Why can't posters just accept that everyone experiences a cruise differently, and even the same cruise at a later date with the same itinerary can evoke different reactions?  

What is the Carnival Vacation Guarantee'?

4 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

What is the Carnival Vacation Guarantee'?

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/vacation-guarantee.aspx

The Carnival Great Vacation Guarantee™ is the greatest vacation guarantee you’ll never need to use. If you’re not happy with any 3–14 day Carnival Cruise Line vacation you take to The Bahamas, the Caribbean, the Mexican Riviera, Bermuda, Canada/New England or Alaska, just let us know within 24 hours of leaving the port of embarkation. If we get something wrong, we’ll refund 100% of your fare with no hassles and our Guest Services team will get you back to your home or port of embarkation free of charge. Certain exclusions apply. Visit our FAQs for more information.

10 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t think I could handle 3 muster drills in a little over a week. 

Maybe if we have enough to drink, we might be able to handle them. 😉☺️ (Just kidding) Didn't even think about the Musters. :classic_sad:

Edited by tandemcruzr

2 minutes ago, tandemcruzr said:

Maybe if we have enough to drink, we might be able to handle them. 😉☺️ (Just kidding) Didn't even think about the Musters. :classic_sad:

You can drink....certainly don't combine it with talking and laughing though.  lol

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/vacation-guarantee.aspx

The Carnival Great Vacation Guarantee™ is the greatest vacation guarantee you’ll never need to use. If you’re not happy with any 3–14 day Carnival Cruise Line vacation you take to The Bahamas, the Caribbean, the Mexican Riviera, Bermuda, Canada/New England or Alaska, just let us know within 24 hours of leaving the port of embarkation. If we get something wrong, we’ll refund 100% of your fare with no hassles and our Guest Services team will get you back to your home or port of embarkation free of charge. Certain exclusions apply. Visit our FAQs for more information.

Hi ProgRockCruiser,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a copy of the guarantee.  I am sure it not only helped me understand, but others as well.  Thanks again!

On 2/8/2019 at 2:43 PM, Doggielover68 said:

I'm not all to familiar with the deck plans, but I imagine that the outside deck on Lido on the other side of the windows (under the lifeboats) would have plenty of space to read. Theres always a quiet place somewhere, you just have to find it or go at a different time of day.

Nope....Very short, small area without any chairs.

33 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Good Heavens.  On a cruise ?  How terrible

Well....I was referring to the ambiance on SERENITY......I am not at all opposed to everyone enjoying themselves.....as long as there is a place for me to do so as well.

6 hours ago, dbrucern said:

We love the short cruise and do the one you are on every year prior to Christmas but like you we don't care for this particular ship either.  Did it one time and will not go back but love the Victory that also does this cruise. 

I have been on the Victory for a 7 day sailing years ago and I enjoyed the ship as well.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:26 AM, NoName said:

I want off this boat. I will never book a short cruise on Carnival again.

While I can understand your frustration, and "would never cruise Carnival again", I would say to give Carnival another chance.  I am nearing platinum with Carnival.  I have done long and short cruises with them, and for the most part, have seen little evidence of people out of control.  

Don't give up on something just because of one bad experience.

36 minutes ago, NWACruiser said:

While I can understand your frustration, and "would never cruise Carnival again", I would say to give Carnival another chance.  I am nearing platinum with Carnival.  I have done long and short cruises with them, and for the most part, have seen little evidence of people out of control.  

Don't give up on something just because of one bad experience.

Thanks, however I think I will stick with 8+ day cruises in the future. I will definitely not stop sailing carnival.....just will avoid their short cruises like the plague!

• Like 1