Carnival Vacation Guarantee....I think I made a mistake!

NoName

We got onboard the Carnival Sensation today for a 4 day cruise. We got off the Rcl Majesty yesterday and had a wonderful trip (lots of quiet, shaded outdoor areas and like minded cruisers). This trip feels very different. I am an experienced cruiser, but never have booked short cruises before.

I really dislikes this ship. There is no outdoor shaded areas. I am attempting to read in the Serenity area as I write this...the chairs are squeezed together- they are touching. People all around are talking, laughing, and drinking....not a serene environment at all. I can't read.

I have walked the entire ship looking for a quiet place in the shade...no luck. Everyone feels like they are going to party non-stop....not my type of vacation at all. In addition, the boat looks rough. Doesn't feel like a nice vacation.

I am thinking of trying to use Carnival's vacation guarantee tomorrow to fly home. Has anyone here

done this?

The big problem I may experience is our 1st Port of call is Key West....we started in Miami. Will they let us off in a US Port?

I want off this boat. I will never book a short cruise on Carnival again. Kim

Edited by NoName
Typo

Please realize that Carnival and Royal Caribbean are very different.  Yes, they are both "mainstream" cruise lines, but they are still very different.  If you want serene and slightly upscale, go RC; if you want to party, go Carnival.  Four days is pretty short.  Personally, I'd stick it out.  Any day on a cruise ship beats a day at work, and you might find there are some things you enjoy.

• Like 2

Give it  chance.   Wow.   It's the first day everyone is excited.  I like the Sensation she is a good smaller ship.   There are some quiet places on the lido near aft that are very much in the shade.    

• Like 2

While Carnival is far more of a party ship, the other half of the situation can be attributed to the time frame.  Had you done a short Carnival cruises over the weekdays and a RCI short cruise over the weekend you may have discovered you liked the Carnival people better.

Not sure if you have cruised with Carnival before. Usually when we cruise with a new cruise line we research the ship/cruise line we're interested in before we book our vacation (i.e., ship layout, amenities, etc., etc.). That way you know what to expect in advance. I can't comment on shorter cruises but I've heard they can be a more "party" atmosphere.

50 minutes ago, Jenn1974 said:

Give it  chance.   Wow.   It's the first day everyone is excited.

Exactly, I would expect embarkation day on any Carnival ship for a cruise of any length is going to be anything but quiet.

1 hour ago, Jenn1974 said:

I like the Sensation she is a good smaller ship.   There are some quiet places on the lido near aft that are very much in the shade.

The "fins" in the back of the Lido have always been my favorite place on a Fantasy class ship, outside of mealtimes, they tend to be empty and quiet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ray98 said:

Wait....if you boarded today in Miami it is only 1pm eastern....you haven't even left port yet.

The Sensation is Currently in Key West.  OP must have posted yesterday and it must have sent their post once they got service again in Key West. 

Well, the OP booked a 4-day weekend cruise out of Miami, but just got off a similar length cruise, I think, from FLL - although that would have been during the week, which tends to be a quieter time - us working folks who party need to work!

I dunno.  Seems a little quick to react.  But expectations are half the experience, and it sounds like to OP had expectations that the Carnival cruise would somehow be the same or even take it up a notch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

We got onboard the Carnival Sensation today for a 4 day cruise. We got off the Rcl Majesty yesterday and had a wonderful trip (lots of quiet, shaded outdoor areas and like minded cruisers). This trip feels very different. I am an experienced cruiser, but never have booked short cruises before.

I really dislikes this ship. There is no outdoor shaded areas. I am attempting to read in the Serenity area as I write this...the chairs are squeezed together- they are touching. People all around are talking, laughing, and drinking....not a serene environment at all. I can't read.

I have walked the entire ship looking for a quiet place in the shade...no luck. Everyone feels like they are going to party non-stop....not my type of vacation at all. In addition, the boat looks rough. Doesn't feel like a nice vacation.

I am thinking of trying to use Carnival's vacation guarantee tomorrow to fly home. Has anyone here

done this?

The big problem I may experience is our 1st Port of call is Key West....we started in Miami. Will they let us off in a US Port?

I want off this boat. I will never book a short cruise on Carnival again. Kim

If you just boarded today, get off the ship now.  Easy decision to make if you are that unhappy. 

There's a different feel to a 4 day cruise during the week, and one that encompasses the weekend. Unfortunately, the latter tends to be a more party atmosphere. 

Unfortunately, the guarantee will probably not allow the OP to get off in Key West, due to PVSA.

9 minutes ago, Jenn1974 said:

The Sensation is Currently in Key West.  OP must have posted yesterday and it must have sent their post once they got service again in Key West. 

Well....that makes no sense since they posted and then went back and edited the post for 'typo' leaving the details the same.  

Edited by ray98

35 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

There's a different feel to a 4 day cruise during the week, and one that encompasses the weekend. Unfortunately, the latter tends to be a more party atmosphere. 

Unfortunately, the guarantee will probably not allow the OP to get off in Key West, due to PVSA.

I believe you to be 100% correct. Pretty sure you have to get off in the first foreign port.

• Like 1

I'm not all to familiar with the deck plans, but I imagine that the outside deck on Lido on the other side of the windows (under the lifeboats) would have plenty of space to read. Theres always a quiet place somewhere, you just have to find it or go at a different time of day.

Edited by Doggielover68