Priority Check-In and Boarding for Platinum members?

korky1

We are cruising in March and this will be our first time as Platinum members as we have reached the magical 75 points on our last cruise.  The carnival website shows that we have 75 points each but our boarding pass does not show our Platinum status.  How do we prove we have priority boarding when we get to the pier to join the ship at the start of the cruise?  

What exactly does prioity boarding entail?   

Thank you for any info you can give me.

The boarding pass should say priority on it.

That's all it will say.

When did you reach platinum ? Sometimes it takes a while for it to show up on the boarding pass so if you printed it out early try printing another one.

You cannot "prove" that you are priority without it.

IF you still have trouble call Carnival and click on web site issues to get tech help with the boarding pass and luggage tags.

Thanks for your replies.  We reached the Platinum status 6 months ago.  Neither the Boarding Pass or luggage tags show Priority, although the online website VIFP section shows we are Platinum.  I rang the Customer Service number and the girl I spoke to said that no-one's documents show their Priority status.  She said it will be recognised by the manifest when I get to the port.  No idea what she means, as this contradicts everything I have read.  

I guess I just have to hope for the best.  I will print our our Platinum status from the carnival website and take that with us along with our useless boarding pass incase that helps.

I know it isn't a huge deal but it would be nice to experience this Priority boarding if possible.  Not sure this will help with our luggage though as they take that off us way before we get to talk to anybody about our priority boarding.

Very confusing!

That's strange. If you got to 75 even on the last day of your last cruise you should have been platinum for that entire cruise. We have 70 days right now. We board on Sunday and our boarding passes and luggage tags say priority. 

2 hours ago, korky1 said:

Thanks for your replies.  We reached the Platinum status 6 months ago.  Neither the Boarding Pass or luggage tags show Priority, although the online website VIFP section shows we are Platinum.  I rang the Customer Service number and the girl I spoke to said that no-one's documents show their Priority status.  She said it will be recognised by the manifest when I get to the port.  No idea what she means, as this contradicts everything I have read.  

I guess I just have to hope for the best.  I will print our our Platinum status from the carnival website and take that with us along with our useless boarding pass incase that helps.

I know it isn't a huge deal but it would be nice to experience this Priority boarding if possible.  Not sure this will help with our luggage though as they take that off us way before we get to talk to anybody about our priority boarding.

Very confusing!

Korky1; here in Australia we don't have the status printed out on our boarding pass.... they say it's coming. They have said this for 3 months now. When i board now I just show my Platnium S & S card; when i become Plat; I did what you did. Print out a copy of my VIFP status & showed them at OPT. Went straight through... You will be one of the first on board & get all the perks except your room won't be ready till 1:30.. If you don't have Silver S&S card outside your cabin. go to guest services & get one...

6 hours ago, korky1 said:

Very confusing!

Every boarding pass I have ever printed after reaching platinum has said Priority on it. I can't even imagine the chaos and waiting involved while they check a manifest for each person at the terminal entrance rather than a quick glance at your pass.  And people need to be able to print the proper luggage tags.

I can't print anything at the moment but my general information documents for my July cruise say Priority as do the the luggage tags.

Write to:          guestadmin@carnival.com

Be sure to include you booking number.  Any issue I have ever had was handled by them when I was unable to get answers from the one on the phone.

Of course another issue may be the people gaining access to the terminal with fake passes since someone on here 'published' how to use fake passes until you reach the counter. 

• Like 1

Our boarding passes for this weekend's cruise have a red priority notice in the upper left hand corner and say "Diamond" or "Platinum" in the upper right corner under the bar code.

Our luggage tags have the red priority notice at each end under the cabin #.

While scanning the bar code should quickly identify what priority level a guest has achieved, I would be very reluctant to rely on that alone.  If the passes and tags do not say Priority, I would be calling Carnival for assistance until I could print ones that do.

8 hours ago, korky1 said:

Very confusing!

I bet if you call again you will get a different answer :-)

The people that answer the 800 number are sales people who do not know anything about the actual functioning of the ships!

Please call back and go to tech support where you can tell them that the web site is not showing your correct status on your boarding pass.

They may well be able to correct that for you.

Do not expect the people who answer the phone to know anything except pricing!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 2/11/2019 at 11:57 PM, korky1 said:

Very confusing!

I believe that all of the info is in the barcode at the top of the boarding pass.  Your Platinum "Sign and Sail" cards will be in your mailbox outside of your cabin when you get there.  Any official will see your status as they scan your Boarding Pass until you get your cards.  Should not be a problem but, if so, go to Guest Services and they will straighten it out.  If you have your 75+ days in the system, they will have that info.

9 minutes ago, Donh44 said:

I believe that all of the info is in the barcode at the top of the boarding pass.  Your Platinum "Sign and Sail" cards will be in your mailbox outside of your cabin when you get there.  Any official will see your status as they scan your Boarding Pass until you get your cards.  Should not be a problem but, if so, go to Guest Services and they will straighten it out.  If you have your 75+ days in the system, they will have that info.

did they use barcodes 3 years ago? Just asking

• Like 1
  • Haha 1