Do the people on your reservation get to share your Crown & Anchor perks?

Just now, Biker19 said:

The person who sails gets the points, doesn't matter who paid.

so to be more specific, myself and my girlfriend are going on a cruise, would we both get points, or would just one of us(me, as i made the reservation and such)? just wondering for future reference for when we eventually have enough points for them to mean something. 

5 minutes ago, ibonexheadi said:

Just thought id jump in here and ask something related, does each person on the cruise get points, or just the one who pays and makes the reservation? 

Different C&A numbers, each one in the cabin gets awarded their own points per cruise (if registered with C&A).  As mentioned..does not matter who paid...and is also how young children get their points...Mommy and Daddy paid of course.  😉 

Edited by island lady

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You both get points.

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Different C&A numbers, each one in the cabin gets awarded their own points per cruise (if registered with C&A).  As mentioned..does not matter who paid...and is also how young children get their points...Mommy and Daddy paid of course.  😉 

thanks!

16 minutes ago, ibonexheadi said:

so to be more specific, myself and my girlfriend are going on a cruise, would we both get points, or would just one of us(me, as i made the reservation and such)? just wondering for future reference for when we eventually have enough points for them to mean something. 

Everyone who cruises gets points, no matter who pays or who makes reservations.

1 minute ago, debgreg said:

We turn platinum after one day on our cruise in 2 weeks. Do we have to wait until next time to reap any benefit of that status ? 

Tia

Yes, points are not awarded to your account until a week to 10 days after completion of your cruise.  Just gives you that much more to look forward to on your next cruise.  

The exception is Pinnacle level.  

It does not necessarily only apply to young children.  I have been cruising with my 25 yr old son on Royal for 4 years and he has never paid but we (and my wife who has only joined for 3 cruises) will all turn Diamond after our cruise next week on Bots.

My wife's C&A status has tracked mine.  We are heading toward our 36th anniversary.

Edited by PigsCanFly
fixed typo

Just now, ibonexheadi said:

well, figure i may as well ask one more questions in here instead of cluttering the place up with another thread, is there any promotions or ways to get more points? i know suites give 2 per day, but other than that, any way to more quickly get points? 

No and no, at this time.

3 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

It does not necessarily only apply to young children. 

The linking with parents is supposed to be severed at 18 after which they earn their own status - if that hasn't happened to you/son, it's an error.

well, figure i may as well ask one more questions in here instead of cluttering the place up with another thread, is there any promotions or ways to get more points? i know suites give 2 per day, but other than that, any way to more quickly get points? 

Sailing solo in a suite will get you 3 points per. Days on land for a cruise-tour also count.

26 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The linking with parents is supposed to be severed at 18 after which they earn their own status - if that hasn't happened to you/son, it's an error.

I agree.  His points are linked to mine by his accompanying me on each of my cruises on Royal.  My comment was meant to show that it is not only young children that get paid for.

1 hour ago, ibonexheadi said:

Solo in a suite gets 3 points per night. 

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Uh-oh...Does John know that?  😮 

John, you better hope Laura does not run off and leave you.  😉 

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

John would keep his C&A level, but his points would go way down.  

Way, but I'm getting there.