Bionic Bar needs to GO....

We were in Vegas over the Thanksgiving weekend, stayed at the Vdara, which is connected to the Aria and Cosmopolitan, one of those had the same robot bar.  So, it is not just RCI.

That said, I have never wasted my money buying a drink there, I can watch it do its thing (not all that well) without paying.😈

jc

Spent a lot of time there on the Symphony.

It's great place to people watch. Kids were a hoot.

It makes refreshment package drinks as well. Roy Rodgers (cherry coke) for example.

You can customize to your taste any drink you order.

On Harmony last summer, it was rarely open, and when it was open, it would often break down and/or spill the drinks.  

It makes for a quiet indoor space to sit and relax and read my Kindle, though, if I need to kill some time... but totally not a worthwhile use of the space from an ROI perspective (IMO), given the limited actual time in use. 

20 hours ago, rbschultz said:

You set the exact quantities of everything you want in your drink manually (or you can get a preset drink choice)

I’ve found that everything I’ve ordered (preset ones, and ones I’ve created on my own) are waaay too sweet.  It seems like they are all light on the booze, super heavy on the mixers...

Maybe if it was part of something else it would be better.  But the space itself isn't even somewhere I would really want to congregate.  It feels more like watching a demonstration at a children's museum than a lounge where you want to sit and enjoy drinks.  As someone else said, maybe liven it up with music or a dj or something.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 3:40 PM, Cruisegirl6 said:

I don't support a robot or computer that takes away people's jobs! 

Prepare to sell most of your worldly possessions.

By the way, a lot of peoples' jobs are to design, build, program, maintain and repair robots and computers. They need support too.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 9:33 AM, leisuretraveler223 said:

First time experiencing Bionic Bar on Symphony last week.  Really a disappointment!

The room is nothing worth hanging out in.  You can watch the robot once and you've pretty much experienced everything.  Plastic cups for a martini?  No thanks!

But probably the dumbest thing is the extremely limited selection of liquors.  At first, it looks like a ton of bottles, until you realize that everything is repeated six or seven times.  So there really aren't many options at all.

I just can't see this thing lasting in the long term.

The first installation of the Bionic Bar was in 2014. Since then, it has been added to 5 more ships.

There is usually always a crowd of people waiting either to get their drinks or just to get the tablet to place an order.

It seems pretty successful to me. Sounds like there's now one less person who will be waiting in front of me.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:43 PM, mcatmcat said:

Once  people realize they can  share their  drink packages using the  bionic bar it might  go 

I do not understand. You can pass a drink at any bar. Why would the bionic be any different?