Robbie345

Robbie345

2 minutes ago, Robbie345 said:

Going to Alaska in Sept what ship and cruise line should we go on.

Couple of things:

1.  There are multiple ships, from multiple cruise lines that go to Alaska.  I'd hazard a guess that each one of them has people who prefer "that ship" or "that cruise line".  It would really be up to you to determine what cruise line/ship/itinerary works for you by doing research.  A generic "what ship and cruiseline" just doesn't cover it.

2.  When making a new thread, you should title it with a pertinent name so that people will know what your asking about.

• Like 1

These generic questions are way too difficult to answer, as we have no information about what sorts of aspects of cruising are important to you.

I'd suggest doing some basic research by reading some reviews about Alaska cruises on the various ships. This will help you form questions that are more easily answered.

1 hour ago, Robbie345 said:

We are try to decide between Celebrity Solstice ,Royal Ovation of the Sea ,Princess Ruby.We are 65 year old but what a ship that old looking and like one with covered pool area and good shows

We've sailed on all 3 of those ships...loved the Solstice for its elegance and food...loved the Ruby for great service and pizza.........our choice would be the Ovation of the Seas.

It's not the first time we've recommended the Ovation.  IOHO, the Ovation is a wonderful ship designed for cold weather cruising.  The solarium and the seaplex are both completely indoors.  Ultimately, you can't really go wrong with any of those 3 ships.  Happy Sailing! :classic_smile:

Please consider meeting with a travel agent -- a real person in a travel agency that books lots of cruises This sounds like it's your first cruise.  A travel agent can answer your many questions (some questions you haven't even thought about), advise you and help you find the right ship for you.

Alaska cruises can sell out quickly; Sept. isn't that far away. 

Princess & Holland America have the most cruises that visit Glacier Bay -- considered a MUST by many (myself included - been there 4 times; just booked my 5th trip).

Good luck!  Alaska is fantastic!