Classic Beverage Package Question (BEER)

amscene1

I have found lists online and on the cruise planner of what beers are available with the Classic Beverage Package.

Is there a list or price point that determines which beers are and are not available.

For example "bud light" is one of the cheapest beers on board, but it is not listed on celebrities cruise planner.

Can someone define the rules for me?

also, if a beer is not included do I pay full price for one or just the difference like RCCL

Yeah, Bud Light is on the list on just about every ship. There are a lot of beers, but some vary from ship to ship.

If you order one not on the list that is on the premium package, you just pay the difference + the 18%

3 hours ago, amscene1 said:

I have found lists online and on the cruise planner of what beers are available with the Classic Beverage Package.

Is there a list or price point that determines which beers are and are not available.

For example "bud light" is one of the cheapest beers on board, but it is not listed on celebrities cruise planner.

also, if a beer is not included do I pay full price for one or just the difference like RCCL

Check out the Standard Package and they include the drinks you are referring to.  

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Classic has a limit of $9.00 per drink and if your selection is over 9.00 you only play the difference plus 18% gratuity.

Selection varies by ship an by itinerary. 

Is this correct. I’ll be very happy if this is true!

7 minutes ago, amscene1 said:

Is this correct. I’ll be very happy if this is true!

Yes, Jim is correct. In the past you had to pay the full price if the drink was above the Classic ceiling price; but they changed the policy back in 2016 when they went to a single ceiling price of $9 per drink for beer, liquor and wine.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

3 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Yes, Jim is correct. In the past you had to pay the full price if the drink was above the Classic ceiling price; but they changed the policy back in 2016 when they went to a single ceiling price of $9 per drink for beer, liquor and wine.

Yes! All the beers I like are under that.

5 hours ago, amscene1 said:

2 minutes ago, amscene1 said:

Yes! All the beers I like are under that.

Here is the full list for the Standard and Classic Packages (Standard is included in the Classic)

BEERS

• Bud Light
  • Budweiser
  • Dos Equis
  • Heineken
  • Heineken Light
  • Tiger

BEERS

• Alaska Brewing (Alaska Sailngs)
  • Amstel Light
  • Boddington’s
  • Coors Light
  • Corona Light
  • Corona
  • Franziskaner
  • Kirin
  • Kirin Light
  • Miller Lite
  • Moretti
  • Newcastle Brown Ale
  • Pabst Blue Ribbon
  • Red Stripe
  • Sam Adams
  • Strongbow hard ciders

Not included in the Classic but included in the Premium:

BEERS

• Anchor Steam
  • Blue Moon
  • Brooklyn Brown Ale
  • Dogfish Head 90 min
  • Estrella Damm (gluten free)
  • Fuller’s London Pride
  • Grolsch
  • Guinness
  • Highland Stout
  • Kingfisher Lager
  • Kronenbourg 1664
  • La Fin du Monde
  • Lagunitas Little Sumpin'
  • Lagunitas Pils
  • Leffe Blond
  • Magners Cider
  • O’Hara’s Irish Red
  • Ommegang Abbey Ale
  • Orion Lager
  • Paulaner Salvator Double Bock
  • Peroni
  • Rogue Dead Guy Ale
  • Sapporo
  • Sierra Nevada
  • Stella Artois
  • Stone IPA
  • Woodchuck Granny Smith Cider
  • Woodchuck Pear Cider

Of course, some ships may not have all of the above in their inventory.

1 hour ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

I must apologize it is $11 per the menu from our November cruise and $15.50 for the Premium.

139B035E-7A83-4E3D-B809-AA49292FB86E.thumb.jpeg.584361e4e6cf3c7398d4c216248837e5.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

I thought the maximum prices between beer and spirits for the two Packages differ.  For Example, beer $7 and Spirits $11, and for the Premium, beers $9 and Spirits $15.  $$ amounts just used as examples, not what they currently are.

31 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I must apologize it is $11 per the menu from our November cruise and $15.50 for the Premium.

139B035E-7A83-4E3D-B809-AA49292FB86E.thumb.jpeg.584361e4e6cf3c7398d4c216248837e5.jpeg

Jim - Which ship and departure port - still $9 on the website.

Could it have been a cruise with gratuities included in the price per glass?

If not, then perhaps they are planning to raise the Classic ceiling price fleet wide since raising the Classic price from $55 to $59 per day.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

7 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I thought the maximum prices between beer and spirits for the two Packages differ.  For Example, beer $7 and Spirits $11, and for the Premium, beers $9 and Spirits $15.  $$ amounts just used as examples, not what they currently are.

That was the case before they made the change in mid to late 2016. Now there is a single ceiling price for beer, spirits and wine by the glass.

9 hours ago, amscene1 said:

A little off your question, but a side comment. For several cruises my primary reason for upgrading to Premium was to be able to try some of those beers on their Premium list. I eventually realized that List does not equal Inventory. Most bars have little if any variety. Some servers will travel to another bar to find the tipple you requested, most will offer apologies and a Corona or Bud Light or some other light tasteless beer. Most ships do have one bar with a more diverse stock, if you really care then you can probably find it...

Stan

I’m a little confused. Does it go by list, price, or both? For example are the beers in the premium list above considered premium because they’re on that list or because they cost more than the 9 or 11 dollar limit for the Classic package? 

1 hour ago, tomservo said:

I’m a little confused. Does it go by list, price, or both? For example are the beers in the premium list above considered premium because they’re on that list or because they cost more than the 9 or 11 dollar limit for the Classic package? 

All premium beers cost more than the Classic package limit. Hence their inclusion in Premium list.

On 2/16/2019 at 12:45 PM, GottaKnowWhen said:

A little off your question, but a side comment. For several cruises my primary reason for upgrading to Premium was to be able to try some of those beers on their Premium list. I eventually realized that List does not equal Inventory. Most bars have little if any variety. Some servers will travel to another bar to find the tipple you requested, most will offer apologies and a Corona or Bud Light or some other light tasteless beer. Most ships do have one bar with a more diverse stock, if you really care then you can probably find it...

Stan

Thanks for sharing your experience. Personally I wont mind walking a bit to another bar to get what I want; but do the bar tenders know (and can tell me) where a particular drink is available, or do i have to treasure hunt it on the ship?