Espresso machine in sky suites?

alishac

The Celebrity suite comparison chart that I've seen (but can't find at this moment) states there is an espresso machine in all suites, including sky suites. In all of the reviews that I've read of sky suites on the Edge I haven't seen anyone mention having an espresso machine in the cabin. Can anyone tell me if this is available?

I've never seen an espresso machine in any suite and been on every ship in suite class with the exception of Edge.   You can call you butler and have one delivered at any time.   I usually just write it on my Breakfast door tag (it isn't listed).    They also have an espresso machine in Michael's Club/Retreat.

If Elite Plus or have a drink package you can get them at Al Bachio without additional charge.

33 minutes ago, alishac said:

The Celebrity suite comparison chart that I've seen (but can't find at this moment) states there is an espresso machine in all suites, including sky suites. In all of the reviews that I've read of sky suites on the Edge I haven't seen anyone mention having an espresso machine in the cabin. Can anyone tell me if this is available?

That is called suite life.

Interesting that this came up as I was asking myself why there were no coffee machines in suites Celebrity too. I wondered that as we also cruise on Pullmantur which is partly (49%) owned by RCCL and they do have coffee machines in their suites.  Right now they are Juan Valdez machines but they used to be Lavazza a few years ago.  Do other cruise lines have coffee machines in their suites? I really enjoy a good cup after getting up  and hate the crap they have in the buffet at early hours.

I think you are probably confusing the listed suite perk of “in-room espresso service” as being an in-room machine. It means that the butler will serve this to you in your suite on request, any time of day. There are no espresso machines in the room itself.

10 hours ago, nps001 said:

We were in an Edge Villa and it definitely had an espresso machine.   However, the second half of the B2B we were in a sky suite and it didn't have it.   

Sorry to break in on your post OP but cannot miss the opportunity of asking nps001 what he thought of the Edge Villa in terms of design and usable space. Better or worse than an S class PH? Suitable or not for three adult guests?

20 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Sorry to break in on your post OP but cannot miss the opportunity of asking nps001 what he thought of the Edge Villa in terms of design and usable space. Better or worse than an S class PH? Suitable or not for three adult guests?

Are you considering remortgaging your house 🤣?

3 minutes ago, villauk said:

Are you considering remortgaging your house 🤣?

Having seen the number of suites coming back on the European market on Edge in recent weeks I am hoping that before too long prices may begin to become more realistic, especially when the second ship comes out. 

Certainly not considering for this year but who knows, my lottery ticket or premium bonds may come up!

We don’t particularly like the look of the RS on Edge which means upgrading.....

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Plato123 said:

Interesting that this came up as I was asking myself why there were no coffee machines in suites Celebrity too. I wondered that as we also cruise on Pullmantur which is partly (49%) owned by RCCL and they do have coffee machines in their suites.  Right now they are Juan Valdez machines but they used to be Lavazza a few years ago.  Do other cruise lines have coffee machines in their suites? I really enjoy a good cup after getting up  and hate the crap they have in the buffet at early hours.

Viking has pod coffee machines in all cabins but the lowest basic Veranda ones. 

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

I seem to be the minority but for the most part, I absolutely love the design of Edge, including the EV.   I have heard that some guests do not like that its two floors (stairs).   I think it works really well for 2 but unless you are going to use a sleeper sofa downstairs, 3 would be tough.    That being said, there is plenty of room to open the sleeper, and there is a complete bathroom downstairs.   I have only stayed in the PH on M class ships.   The EV feels much more compact but I really liked the layout and design.   And the balcony is tiny in comparison.

1 hour ago, nps001 said:

I seem to be the minority but for the most part, I absolutely love the design of Edge, including the EV.   I have heard that some guests do not like that its two floors (stairs).   I think it works really well for 2 but unless you are going to use a sleeper sofa downstairs, 3 would be tough.    That being said, there is plenty of room to open the sleeper, and there is a complete bathroom downstairs.   I have only stayed in the PH on M class ships.   The EV feels much more compact but I really liked the layout and design.   And the balcony is tiny in comparison.

Thanks so much for the response....the M class PH has long been our favourite suite room  but in recent years after the loss of the ‘Ocean Liners’ style restaurants we have tended to stick to the S class....

As mentioned above we really feel the RS on Edge is not to our liking and there is a big overhang on RS and PH which we don’t like either...Edge Villa May be worth a try for us IF either that lottery win comes up or prices do become less than the cost of a family car....

OP, sincere apologies again for digressing from your theme...Never had a coffee machine in CS, RS or PH but have never needed one...Cafe el Bachio a short elevator ride away and there is always the butler...