* ms N Statendam, N Amsterdam, Koningsdam @ FLL, Rotterdam @ Tampa - Sailaway- Feb 24

kazu

Just now, travelnap said:

Checking in on a breezy day here in Minnesota.  No snow today but a white blowing all the snow we got in February around.  Winds are not as strong as KK, but still gusts up to 45 to 50 mph.  We have more snow this month in February than any other February in History.  I think a lot of areas in the Midwest are also enjoying all the white stuff.  How about you IllinoisGirl1978, have you had an abundance this year as well?

According to the NWS we're above average like everyone else. The wind is quite gusty right now.  

Hi addicts.  Notice Edge has a blue hull rather than the white/blue hull of the older Celebrity ships.

Lots for me to watch today including Rotterdam from Tampa.  Just read a glowing review of her on CC. 

On a side note, in our Tampa Bay Times Sunday paper was a full page ad for MSC: 7 day Caribbean balcony room with drink package and internet for $649!  Of course in the small print was it was for one date only, but they are really pushing.

3 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I am still surprised that Edge is the last ship to dock and the first one to leave.  How can they do a turnaround with supply loading, luggage, guests in such a short time?

Sounds like a well trained crew who have their caca together :classic_wink:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I am still surprised that Edge is the last ship to dock and the first one to leave.  How can they do a turnaround with supply loading, luggage, guests in such a short time?

Guests?  Guests?   Guys, did anyone let the guests on? :classic_biggrin:

5 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

What inspired that front end? Isn't Virgin doing something similar with their new "ahem" ship?

It's called an inverted bow. Although not particularly pleasing to the eye, it provides improved speed and as well as an improvement in the hydrodynamic drag of the vessel

2 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

So what song will be blaring today? Any guesses? Don't get me wrong, our one Carnival cruise was good but the decibel level was a bit much for us.

They haven't had the Hot! Hot! Hot! for about a month so I think they are due for that again.

• Haha 1