Luminae on Reflection & deck 12 sky suites

cruise kitty

Hi all,   we have an opportunity to move from AQ to a sky suite.   We love Blu, mainly for the nice quiet service & sea views.  It won't be getting dark till very late on our upcoming cruise so that's a real factor.   Does Luminae on Reflection have windows that view the outside?  

Also,  basically what's left is Sky Suites (S1 & 2 ) on deck 12, including aft cabins & a few on the hump.  worried about noise from the above pool deck & buffet areas.  

Right now we're in an AQ on deck 11 with cabins above & below us.  We're pretty far forward, which we've discovered we really like (a little forward of the forward stairs) 

Never thought we'd do a suite but it's only a bit more than we paid for our AQ2 & we'd get to keep all 4 perks plus our extra OBC for booking on board.  

I'd appreciate pros & cons from those who have sailed Reflection.  

On deck 11 cabin 1688 is available,   on deck 12 most of the aft suites are available...  do they have shade? privacy?  

2157, 2165, & 2163...   noise issues?    Thanks in advance,   Again, this is the Reflection which is different than the other S class ships so the sticky isn't that helpful in this instance.  

We've stayed in Aqua cabins on deck 12 on the hump nearest the midship elevators and haven't had noise issues. I'd jump at those in a heartbeat! We stayed in 2151 on Reflection, so it's not far from one of your choices. In fact we've booked the same cabin starboard side with no qualms on an upcoming cruise. 

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Luvcrusn said:

We've stayed in Aqua cabins on deck 12 on the hump nearest the midship elevators and haven't had noise issues. I'd jump at those in a heartbeat! We stayed in 2151 on Reflection, so it's not far from one of your choices. In fact we've booked the same cabin starboard side with no qualms on an upcoming cruise. 

thank you :)

Luminea has two dining room.   We always ask for the back room as we find it more intimate and quieter.   Having said that the last cruise we were on there was a large table of 12 with a standing reservation in the back room.   The noise was much louder than normal but we don't eat until 9:00 and they would leave shortly after we arrived.

Windows are in demand and are assigned on a first come basis.

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Luminea has two dining room.   We always ask for the back room as we find it more intimate and quieter.   Having said that the last cruise we were on there was a large table of 12 with a standing reservation in the back room.   The noise was much louder than normal but we don't eat until 9:00 and they would leave shortly after we arrived.

Windows are in demand and are assigned on a first come basis.

Thank you :)   We tend to eat early, around 7 which is probably peak time.   We're pretty flexible & easy going, don't need to sit by a window, but like some natural light coming in.   That's one reason Im not a huge fan of Murano, I prefer the windows in Tuscan.  :)

1 minute ago, cruise kitty said:

Thank you 🙂   We tend to eat early, around 7 which is probably peak time.   We're pretty flexible & easy going, don't need to sit by a window, but like some natural light coming in.   That's one reason Im not a huge fan of Murano, I prefer the windows in Tuscan.  🙂

Our last cruise on Silhouette had very heavy seas and while at lunch one day the waves were over the tops of the windows.   Everyone in the dining room would give a ohhhhhhhh every time one crashed over it. 

You will love Luminea.    In my opinion it is much quieter than Blu and the seating is spaced further apart but still close enough to have a conversation with a neighboring table if you desire.    You may already know but you an also order off the main menu.   While it is the same item it is usually cooked and plated by the Luminea cook and looks much better than when served by the main dining.    At least that is my perspective.

Hi all,   thanks for the tips & advice :)   I'm now booked in an S1, in a location I'm happy with.    I'm excited to get to try Luminae & have a little more space in our room than we are used to.

I have no idea what a butler does lol :)  

thanks again, guys. 

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Our last cruise on Silhouette had very heavy seas and while at lunch one day the waves were over the tops of the windows.   Everyone in the dining room would give a ohhhhhhhh every time one crashed over it. 

You will love Luminea.    In my opinion it is much quieter than Blu and the seating is spaced further apart but still close enough to have a conversation with a neighboring table if you desire.    You may already know but you an also order off the main menu.   While it is the same item it is usually cooked and plated by the Luminea cook and looks much better than when served by the main dining.    At least that is my perspective.

Thanks!  I've made the change...  it will be fun to try something new :)

Corner Aft cabins are amazing.  Quiet, and incredible view. Some soot, but if you call they clean immediately.  Our butler even catered us a sail away party with food and drinks.   Luminea is nice and you can still go to Blu if you want.  They will try to talk you out of it but...   Enjoy the corner!

32 minutes ago, bluedog13 said:

Corner Aft cabins are amazing.  Quiet, and incredible view. Some soot, but if you call they clean immediately.  Our butler even catered us a sail away party with food and drinks.   Luminea is nice and you can still go to Blu if you want.  They will try to talk you out of it but...   Enjoy the corner!

Hi Bluedog,  I actually didn't book a corner aft, the one that was available had really bad reviews... ( the window equipment is parked there)   ended up with an S1 on the hump...  we've never been in a suite (even a baby suite like the sky suites)  so I'm feeling quite chuffed about it :)

27 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Bluedog,  I actually didn't book a corner aft, the one that was available had really bad reviews... ( the window equipment is parked there)   ended up with an S1 on the hump...  we've never been in a suite (even a baby suite like the sky suites)  so I'm feeling quite chuffed about it 🙂

Hi! We personally don't find the window washing rig an issue.  Our first butler was very under-used.  He made sure we had plenty of water bottles and brought us breakfast in the cabin most days because we were in the Med and had early tour times.  We have slowly been using them more.  Not just the sail away from one of the islands for some CC friends, but magic dinner reservations, cleaning, afternoon tea, drinks while relaxing on the balcony, etc.  

I'm confidant you'll learn really fast!

44 minutes ago, bluedog13 said:

Hi! We personally don't find the window washing rig an issue.  Our first butler was very under-used.  He made sure we had plenty of water bottles and brought us breakfast in the cabin most days because we were in the Med and had early tour times.  We have slowly been using them more.  Not just the sail away from one of the islands for some CC friends, but magic dinner reservations, cleaning, afternoon tea, drinks while relaxing on the balcony, etc.  

I'm confidant you'll learn really fast!

Thanks for the tips...  I have no idea what I'd ask a butler to do, so this is helpful :)

Your butler will take care of all your in suite needs including course by course evening dining off the MDR menu, setting up breakfast for you, bringing/arrange afternoon snacks, delivering coffee, sort laundry....Some suite guests will use the butler on a daily basis, others don’t so make sure you do let the butler know if you want anything daily. For example, we usually dine early so we ask the butler to leave us a shrimp platter or a cheese plate most evenings for a late night snack on the balcony. Your butler can also arrange speciality dining for you. Your butler will pop in to see you Day 1/2 of your cruise. After that just phone and he will sort what you want/need. If your butler is off duty then another will appear.

Remember you also also have access to Michael’s Club. The concierge will take care of those issues you would normally go to Guest Services with. He/she will also print your boarding passes for return flight if needed, arrange priority tendering, priority disembarkation. If you have any issues with shore excursions they will sort that too and have you priority wait listed for any fully booked tours. In addition there will be a range of Michael’s events including Meet the officers, Music events, a helipad sail away and daily afternoon tea. Let your Michael’s Club Host know early in the cruise if you would like a galley tour, a behind the scenes theatre tour or a bridge tour. They have limited places but really try to accommodate all guests.

You will find the level of service excellent in Luminae. Noise has never been an issue on our cruises. We especially enjoy going there for lunch on boarding day. We do find the language/descriptions of the Luminae menus rather odd, ask the waiter exactly what is in what you are thinking of ordering! We find the menu a little limited, especially with regards to vegetables but if you ask they will bring you a side salad or extra broccoli. You can also order off the MDR menu.

Sincere best wishes for a great cruise!

11 hours ago, chemmo said:

Your butler will take care of all your in suite needs <my snip>

Sincere best wishes for a great cruise!

Thanks Chemmo,  we used to love Michaels club before it made the change over, so it will nice to be back in there :)    & we are definitely "first off the ship" type people as we DIY most of the ports. 

Not sure how I'd feel about a butler sorting my underthings for wash lol :)

Thanks again for your good wishes. :)

12 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Thanks Chemmo,  we used to love Michaels club before it made the change over, so it will nice to be back in there 🙂    & we are definitely "first off the ship" type people as we DIY most of the ports. 

Not sure how I'd feel about a butler sorting my underthings for wash lol 🙂

Thanks again for your good wishes. 🙂

We never leave the butler to sort ‘underthings’ but are grateful that the bag we leave comes back a day later all nicely folded!

If you generally DIY off the ship and there is a delay due to weather etc...the Concierge will again be happy to help you sort...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...