How do I check my EZAir to see if the price is lower?

izdgrama

I have heard others say they continually check on their fares.  I am always redirected to the fare I chose and still have.  If I u derstand correctly, I can only edit or modify my reservation.  I do not want to change it, just check the fare.  Anyone know how to do this without losing my current fare and seats?  Thanks!

18 minutes ago, izdgrama said:

I have heard others say they continually check on their fares.  I am always redirected to the fare I chose and still have.  If I u derstand correctly, I can only edit or modify my reservation.  I do not want to change it, just check the fare.  Anyone know how to do this without losing my current fare and seats?  Thanks!

You can do it two ways.  Without logging in to your Personalyser just go to your cruise from the cruise search function and click on flight quotes.  

You can also do it the way you described.  You can click on "Change Flights" to see the prices without actually changing your flights.  It makes you accept the changes before they take effect.  Just back out before you accept the changes. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, izdgrama said:

We have found it best to go through your booking to check fares. Go to change/modify.  It will allow you to search current fares and either make a new booking at the new rate or keep your current booking. It is very easy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

We have found it best to go through your booking to check fares. Go to change/modify.  It will allow you to search current fares and either make a new booking at the new rate or keep your current booking. It is very easy.

I agree. I don't always get the same fare if I do it the other way.

• Like 1

Also agree that the best way to check airfares is to do it in your current booking.  Just remember to not click the accept fare button.  At the point that pops up on your screen, go back to some other screen such as booking information.  

Agree with the above and just want to add that it's practically impossible to accidentally accept a modified booking. Even when you really do want to change your flights, you have to go through a series of screens where you accept the new booking and cancel your old flights and if you back out at any point, your original flights are kept. I check on my flights almost daily.

Has anyone had the problem with EZ air where the airline keeps changing your flight time? We booked EZ air on our last cruise, flying Delta Boston to Ft. Lauderdale, and Delta changed our return flight 3 times, the last time would have us getting back home after midnight. I ended up canceling the EZ Air and booking flights on JetBlue out of Worcester MA which had the advantage of free parking (vs. $16 a day at Logan "Economy" parking) and a better return time.

45 minutes ago, MaineCruiser243 said:

Has anyone had the problem with EZ air where the airline keeps changing your flight time? We booked EZ air on our last cruise, flying Delta Boston to Ft. Lauderdale, and Delta changed our return flight 3 times, the last time would have us getting back home after midnight. I ended up canceling the EZ Air and booking flights on JetBlue out of Worcester MA which had the advantage of free parking (vs. $16 a day at Logan "Economy" parking) and a better return time.

It is not EZair changing the flight time...it is Delta....

Delta is notorious for changing flights. We once had a flight booked on Delta from Sacramento to Fairbanks with a stop in Seattle along the way. It was something like a 7 hour flight. Delta sent a notice they had cancelled the flight and booked us on a different flight that went from Sacramento to Los Angeles to Minneapolis/St. Paul to Fairbanks. Something like 18 hours. Nope, nope, nope. I had a bit of a hassle on the phone but finally got an alternate flight that went the original route. Delta is weird.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agreed it's Delta who is the culprit. We have a non-cruise related Delta flight to Germany next week and they've changed our flights multiple times. At least the times aren't dramatically different in our case. Usually you can reschedule without penalty if the revised flight is more than an hour different from the original flight.

Edited by Xyla
clarification

The earlier out you book your flight, the greater the chance that the schedule will change.  My personal experience with booking Delta far out is they change the schedule A LOT.

On my cruise this past January, my flight times coming and going changed at least 5 times.  This led to an issue with EZ Air as Delta changed the flight code and EZ Air didn't follow up.  I was unable to check in for my flight.  I spent over an hour on the phone with EZ Air before the changes were made.  EZ Air admitted that they dropped the ball.  I don't know how one would check on this ahead of time.  I guess if it happens again with this many changes, I'll call and just make sure all is good before check in.  

On 2/27/2019 at 11:16 AM, MaineCruiser243 said:

YES!!!!!!!!!! Every week I would be getting an email saying that a flight time was changed. I swear, it changed 10 times. We eventually decided to say forget it, we will just drive to SF from LA. lol We were trying to fly out of Ontario, CA but times were changing and we did not want to miss our boat nor get off the boat and have a 9pm flight home! 

On 2/27/2019 at 12:42 AM, izdgrama said:

I love CC because I always learn new things when it comes to improving our cruising experience. So if you find that the prices for your flight have truly gone down since you originally booked them, how can you "refare" your flight(s), especially if it is a roundtrip, without losing your seats?

You will 'lose' your seats. But I do it anyway. I just get the flight confirmation #, go to the airline website, log in either as frequent flyer member or guest, and grab the seat again. Tricky with NZ (as I have to call them) & Air Canada (as I have to pay $25-45 to secure seat). 

Nonstop SFO - MELBOURNE with AUKLAND - SFO return started at 1100 after 3 changes now 846

Added: last grab has me out of Aukland at 7:30pm, arriving SFO 10:30am so reticketed for better flight

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

Delta has just changed our flights - a few days ago. The stupid EZ Air site won't even let me into my reservations because it still says the booking has changed and will be updated "soon". It's been days.