Millennium – Asia Trip (Semi Live) 3/2/2019 – 3/16/2019

lourdest

11 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Looking forward to your review.  Please post pictures of your mother's suite, 8117.  So far all we have seen are pics of the S1's adjacent to the PH suite.

@CHEZMARYLOU Here are the pictures of cabin #8117. Both room are decorated the same, the bathroom is smaller since it does not have a stand alone shower.  Also the balcony is smaller but it does have shade.

image.thumb.png.28eade080520065e52a480d5dd5a6d7d.png

I agree that this is a design flow - the chair does not slide underneath the desk.  Drawers are too small

image.thumb.png.f33875d0a28f70be27aaecf04dc0079f.png

Since the room does not have a cocktail table, they asked for the table in the balcony to be bought into the room.  My mom likes to have coffee every morning in the room.  Hopefully this is something that will be changed in the future.

image.thumb.png.6165a5e67878880a5d3c89a1456bddc9.png 

image.thumb.png.52975af02036f0d2645f3fd01047b28c.png

Both my mom and sister agree that this tub is too high (both of them have knee issues)

image.thumb.png.b7c29950ae6abca1168066ec18bfcf14.png

Balcony is narrow but the sofa is comfy - they both enjoy sitting out there

image.thumb.png.a73812715ee1f9585823c3f537bd4b7f.png

Lourdes

• Like 1

22 hours ago, h20cruzer said:

Very excited to follow along with your adventure. I am booked on the TP 04/27/19.

glad someone is doing a live review. When I heard about this amazing refurbishment, I was surprised to hear Cafe Al Bacio had no updates as far as chairs.Are the same golden/yellow chairs still there?

Have a great time,looking forward to your review.

Norma

@h20cruzer You are correct they did not changed the furniture in Cafe al  Bacio, and I am glad that they not.  While I love the new look, some (maybe many) of the new furniture are not that comfortable.  Cafe al Bacio has always been one of my favorite places on Celebrity Cruises.  We are early riser and our first stop every morning is at the Cafe to have an espresso and watch the sunrise.  For me it sets the mood for the whole day, I am on vacation, cruising and life is great...

This was this morning sunrise

image.thumb.png.843b59f9bf5e4fe1217064376568090c.png

and to quote my DH, 'Pre-Breakfast of Cruisers'

image.thumb.png.922f61a42c433a2b9e752dec7b7b9f9a.png

• Like 6

Thank you for the photos of 6145. (They might as well just leave a lounger out there, lol!) As far as the lack of a table inside - I wonder what the butler would suggest. We order room service for breakfast and those funny "camp stools" just won't cut it. 

I hate the lack of good lighting in the bathroom. Is it any better over the desk?

Is there storage in the cabinet under the TV? (I presume the fridge is under there too.)

Edited by sippican
  • Like 1

Sippican is right,I would call them camp stools. I don't think those two words go in the same sentence camp stool and suite.

I didn't notice the chair, not sure why they didn't pick a chair that slide under the desk. I do like the carpet though.

Have a great cruise, keep the photos coming.

Norma

46 minutes ago, lourdest said:

@h20cruzer You are correct they did not changed the furniture in Cafe al  Bacio, and I am glad that they not.  While I love the new look, some (maybe many) of the new furniture are not that comfortable.  Cafe al Bacio has always been one of my favorite places on Celebrity Cruises.  We are early riser and our first stop every morning is at the Cafe to have an espresso and watch the sunrise.  For me it sets the mood for the whole day, I am on vacation, cruising and life is great...

This was this morning sunrise

image.thumb.png.843b59f9bf5e4fe1217064376568090c.png

and to quote my DH, 'Pre-Breakfast of Cruisers'

image.thumb.png.922f61a42c433a2b9e752dec7b7b9f9a.png

My favorite place as well, nothing beats a sunrise and a great cup of coffee every morning.

Norma

Lourdest.  Thank you for all the pictures.  Can you tell me if the couch is a sleeper in 6145, and the room can accommodate more than 2 people.  Will the balcony of 6145 also fit 2 lounge chairs with the existing bench there.  We plan on asking for two lounge chairs, and I doubt they will remove the bench.  Would love them to remove the table and chairs too and put better ones there.

No idea why they wouldn't keep the same furniture configuration as before.  A table in front of the couch, and two lounge chairs and a dining table with chairs on the balcony.  

18 hours ago, lourdest said:

Our first sea day, finally feeling like my normal self.  Jet lag is over, yay!!  Unfortunately, we did not get off the boat in Singapore, my husband had a really bad asthma attack.  My sister and my mother did and love it.  Here was our view of Singapore from our balcony during the day and night.  Just a gorgeous port.

image.thumb.png.9f8517b7194d5cff8bfe2db79314c3d6.png

image.thumb.png.4ab0aa8095eedbcffabb8a82499f290a.png

Here are some pictures our cabin 6145.  Like I mentioned before there are really great things about this room and some ok things.  Love the bathroom, only issue is that there are no hooks anywhere and the lighting is poor over the sinks.  Also love the size of the balcony, even though I wished that it had a cover.  The balcony comes with a very comfortable couch and a table with two chairs (just ok).  We asked for a chaise lounger and now we are super happy sitting in the balcony early in the morning and at night. Love that the bed faces the ocean.  Something special about laying in bed and seeing the sea. 

I believe that the hanging space in the closets are small especially for a 14 day.  I wish that there was more drawer space, most of the cabinets are open shelves.  There is no table in front of the couch only a very small side table.  Nice size room.

image.thumb.png.9c019499001b9014385f514bf3d3febc.png

image.thumb.png.de84d8dec8a1b1087f0f16b8bc2a0d8f.png

image.thumb.png.14ccd67ef6a2cea28d148220cf9bdcce.png

image.thumb.png.62fca2de3a287f2417feb7ca9c2a985f.png

image.thumb.png.823cc3909bf98a938c72541821544da6.png

image.thumb.png.e47611369c172fe35bde09ed4027ab90.png

image.thumb.png.cb3795030269bb338b23e4c678d80997.png

image.thumb.png.08f77cea4650a7410399dbe7757cd4a6.png

Lourdes

TY Lourdes for the pics. Hope you are having a lovely cruise. The itinerary looks terrific. Following along. 

I agree the desk chair is a big fail. DH often works on a sea day or so (what can you do with clients, eh?)

And that would be problematic 

And where to put a breakfast tray every day?

Enjoy your suite-- Ask the butler what they recommend for a table in the room and balcony.

Cheers

As for that amazing hotel on the skyline... Saw a program about how it runs-- how large it is...Exceptional in every way--engineering, services etc   Hard to pass up seeing if irl

Edited by Fogfog

18 hours ago, h20cruzer said:

Lourdest, love all the pictures, is the gray door the bathroom door? I love most everything but those 2 things at the end of the bed look like something I would see if I went camping. Can you also confirm if you can see yourself in the mirror if you are sitting.

Thanks and enjoy your vacation.

Norma

Norma, I can see myself in the mirror and I am 5'4".

Today is our second sea day.  We spent yesterday relaxing and exploring the ship.  Went to the two presentations of 'Beyond the Podium' both were very good. Trivia was offered 3 times during the day, we met really nice people during the sessions.

One of my favorite changes to the ship is the Oceanview Cafe.  I like the new layout, I believe that it makes it less crowed.  Love all the natural light that fills the space.

image.thumb.png.5cd8346d351e3fbbc8002153ecd59614.png

image.thumb.png.f1f7b33ddaba31cec400a5e110c74761.png

And yes these chairs are comfortable.

image.thumb.png.35027fb861ab844d472d1d138439b3ab.png

I like the Oceanview bar, but with no shade available we can only use the space early in the morning and later on in the afternoon.  

image.thumb.png.aaea76ab65a1f7508598719d43dae623.png

I found that there is plenty of shade around the pool area.  It was nice to see that chairs were still available around 10 in the morning.

image.thumb.png.dcb2b2b5e3ea25deb761b8fa46d4bdf4.png

image.thumb.png.8f04d6bc67f45b695528be2dd18cdd13.png

Lourdes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Alushar said:

So happy you are doing this thank you! Can relive the last 2 weeks (in reverse) whilst chained to my desk!

Lovely to see the S2 pics looks like the wardrobe is same as in our veranda but at least you don’t have the dreaded bedside light that can’t be reached without getting out of bed! 

Hope you have as great a holiday as we did. 

@Alushar Thank you for your review.  It got me pumped up for our trip.  This is a great itinerary and we are loving our cruise so far.  

Its funny that you mention the bedside light, my husband finds them not practical, cheesy and cheap looking (they are made of black plastic).

Lourdes

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sippican said:

In which currency do you tip for extra gratuities or room service, etc.?

Generally you tip in US dollars. They can exchange foreign currencies at the service desk.

Edited by Poconolady
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

Can you tell us what speciality restaurants are On board at this time?  AND if Q'sine is still there, has Le Petit chef been added and/or have the menus changed?

thanks much!

Tuscan, Qsine and Sushi on 5. No LPC normal Qsine menu. Tuscan is smaller 

What a great thread ...so much information. We are doing the same itinerary on Millenium in December so will definitely be following along on your adventures. Thank you so much for taking time out of your vacation to post, answer questions and share your experiences with us. 😀

Would love to know what type of evening entertainment is onboard.

I read on other threads that Celebrity provides the visas (at a cost) could you provide a little bit more information in regards to this?

I also noticed on some other threads that people said to bring some extra passport photos and an extra copy of your passport page, is this something that you found is necessary?

Did you take any shots prior to visiting these ports?

Thanks again and enjoy your cruise. Looking forward to seeing more photos.

• Like 1