Millennium – Asia Trip (Semi Live) 3/2/2019 – 3/16/2019

lourdest

We finally made it to Singapore and are onboard Celebrity Millennium. We travel for two days, Miami to London on Virgin Atlantic and then London to Singapore on Singapore Air. On Virgin Atlantic we were on Premium Select (would HIGHLY recommend it) and on Singapore Air regular coach.  Singapore Air is definitely better than most airlines when it comes to regular coach, but after flying a total of about 26 hours, I would opt for Premium Select the next time for the whole trip.  Due to work we arrived the same morning as the ship embarkation date of 3/2. 

We booked this trip before the news that the Millennium was going to be the first ship to go through the ‘Revolution’ process.  We picked this cruise because of the itinerary.  This is a 14-day cruise leaving out of Singapore and cruising to Hong Kong.   

image.thumb.png.fee91c5287ec9e260481779a157a14f5.png

3/2 – 3/3 Singapore

2 days at sea

3/6 – 3/7 Port of Laem Chabang (Bangkok) * overnight in this port is reason #1 why we picked this cruise

1 day at sea

3/9 Phu My (Ho Chi Minh City aka Saigon)

1 day at sea

3/11 Port of Chan May (Hue / Danang / Hoi An)

3/12 – 3/13 Halong Bay (Hanoi) *overnight stay at Halong Bay reason #2 

1 day at sea

3/15 – 3/16 Hong Kong * overnight in Hong Kong reason #3 

I have been researching and planning this trip for the last year.  Once the Millennium revolution was announced I read all that was available on Cruise Critic to get an idea of those changes.  I know that people are curious about the changes, so I will post pictures of the ship and our cabin in the next post.

Some background, I became an avid cruiser about 10 years ago.  Most of our cruises have been on Celebrity and as a matter of fact our first Celebrity cruise was an Alaskan cruise on Millennium in an ocean view room.  We have sailed mostly in the S class in Aqua class.  We were also on the Edge on its first three-day preview cruise. 

Originally we were booked on Aqua class room for this trip, but when the price dropped (5 months before the cruise) on a suite we grabbed it.   We grabbed room 6145 once it became available about 4 months before the trip.  On this board everyone is always talking about this room since it’s the S1 room right next to the Penthouse suite.  The room is really different than the other S1 suites, my sister and mother are staying in 8117.  There are things that I love about this room and other things that for me personally are OK. This is also our first time in a suite for this length of time.  We were in a S2 suite on the Edge for the preview 3-day cruise.

Concerning the ship, I love the new colors and most of the changes.  They are still working on some things, but nothing that big that takes away from the enjoyment of ship.  Still jet lagged so I have not seen all of the ship.

Later on today I will post pictures of cabin #6145.

If you have questions about the Millennium or about this itinerary ask away and I will try to answer them.

Lourdes

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the “live” updates.  A few questions about Millenium:

- I hear they got rid of the library in the refurbishment - are there any quiet, small spaces where you can read or play cards?  And I often leave books onboard after finished and wonder if there’s a “lending library” or leave one/take one shelf anywhere on board? 

- do the cabins baths have a clothesline? 

Thank you and enjoy! 

6 hours ago, Tokyo Carolyn said:

- I hear they got rid of the library in the refurbishment - are there any quiet, small spaces where you can read or play cards?  And I often leave books onboard after finished and wonder if there’s a “lending library” or leave one/take one shelf anywhere on board? 

Thank you and enjoy! 

Yes there is.  In the Reflection lounge there is a small area at the entrance, with sofas and alcoves above with books. 

• Like 1

Very excited to follow along with your adventure. I am booked on the TP 04/27/19.

glad someone is doing a live review. When I heard about this amazing refurbishment, I was surprised to hear Cafe Al Bacio had no updates as far as chairs.Are the same golden/yellow chairs still there?

Have a great time,looking forward to your review.

Norma

I am looking forward to seeing all the info you post.   We are doing the same itinerary in December.   Thanks in advance for taking the time during your cruise to do this.

Our first sea day, finally feeling like my normal self.  Jet lag is over, yay!!  Unfortunately, we did not get off the boat in Singapore, my husband had a really bad asthma attack.  My sister and my mother did and love it.  Here was our view of Singapore from our balcony during the day and night.  Just a gorgeous port.

image.thumb.png.9f8517b7194d5cff8bfe2db79314c3d6.png

image.thumb.png.4ab0aa8095eedbcffabb8a82499f290a.png

Here are some pictures our cabin 6145.  Like I mentioned before there are really great things about this room and some ok things.  Love the bathroom, only issue is that there are no hooks anywhere and the lighting is poor over the sinks.  Also love the size of the balcony, even though I wished that it had a cover.  The balcony comes with a very comfortable couch and a table with two chairs (just ok).  We asked for a chaise lounger and now we are super happy sitting in the balcony early in the morning and at night. Love that the bed faces the ocean.  Something special about laying in bed and seeing the sea. 

I believe that the hanging space in the closets are small especially for a 14 day.  I wish that there was more drawer space, most of the cabinets are open shelves.  There is no table in front of the couch only a very small side table.  Nice size room.

image.thumb.png.9c019499001b9014385f514bf3d3febc.png

image.thumb.png.de84d8dec8a1b1087f0f16b8bc2a0d8f.png

image.thumb.png.14ccd67ef6a2cea28d148220cf9bdcce.png

image.thumb.png.62fca2de3a287f2417feb7ca9c2a985f.png

image.thumb.png.823cc3909bf98a938c72541821544da6.png

image.thumb.png.e47611369c172fe35bde09ed4027ab90.png

image.thumb.png.cb3795030269bb338b23e4c678d80997.png

image.thumb.png.08f77cea4650a7410399dbe7757cd4a6.png

Lourdes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lourdest said:

Our first sea day, finally feeling like my normal self.  Jet lag is over, yay!!  Unfortunately, we did not get off the boat in Singapore, my husband had a really bad asthma attack.  My sister and my mother did and love it.  Here was our view of Singapore from our balcony during the day and night.  Just a gorgeous port.

image.thumb.png.9f8517b7194d5cff8bfe2db79314c3d6.png

image.thumb.png.4ab0aa8095eedbcffabb8a82499f290a.png

Here are some pictures our cabin 6145.  Like I mentioned before there are really great things about this room and some ok things.  Love the bathroom, only issue is that there are no hooks anywhere and the lighting is poor over the sinks.  Also love the size of the balcony, even though I wished that it had a cover.  The balcony comes with a very comfortable couch and a table with two chairs (just ok).  We asked for a chaise lounger and now we are super happy sitting in the balcony early in the morning and at night. Love that the bed faces the ocean.  Something special about laying in bed and seeing the sea. 

I believe that the hanging space in the closets are small especially for a 14 day.  I wish that there was more drawer space, most of the cabinets are open shelves.  There is no table in front of the couch only a very small side table.  Nice size room.

image.thumb.png.9c019499001b9014385f514bf3d3febc.png

image.thumb.png.de84d8dec8a1b1087f0f16b8bc2a0d8f.png

image.thumb.png.14ccd67ef6a2cea28d148220cf9bdcce.png

image.thumb.png.62fca2de3a287f2417feb7ca9c2a985f.png

image.thumb.png.823cc3909bf98a938c72541821544da6.png

image.thumb.png.e47611369c172fe35bde09ed4027ab90.png

image.thumb.png.cb3795030269bb338b23e4c678d80997.png

image.thumb.png.08f77cea4650a7410399dbe7757cd4a6.png

Lourdes

Thanks for posting the pics.  While I"m sure the extra space is great to have, there seems to be some pretty significant design flaws with both the balcony and cabin furniture in terms of being useful.  I know I couldn't get my knees underneath that desk with that chair and drawers....and can't see where you would even set a drink down on the balcony if you were sitting on that sofa bench.  Perhaps they are waiting for new furniture to be delivered?  The round mirror also looks way too high if you were sitting in the chair and trying to use it....

I hope they change some of this.

Edited by Xcelsior

Thanks Lourdes - we had hoped to jump on this cruise last minute...

We had an amazing previous trip on the Connie - 14 Days RT Singapore...

Keeping an eye now on similar Millie cruise in the future...

In the meantime, we'll live vicariously through your review...

Love it that someone else is carrying on with another live reporting from the updated Revolutionarized Millie!  Yay!  Will enjoy reading your posts and “traveling” along with you.  This will help before I board April 13th!  Enjoy!

Lourdest, love all the pictures, is the gray door the bathroom door? I love most everything but those 2 things at the end of the bed look like something I would see if I went camping. Can you also confirm if you can see yourself in the mirror if you are sitting.

Thanks and enjoy your vacation.

Norma

So happy you are doing this thank you! Can relive the last 2 weeks (in reverse) whilst chained to my desk!

Lovely to see the S2 pics looks like the wardrobe is same as in our veranda but at least you don’t have the dreaded bedside light that can’t be reached without getting out of bed! 

Hope you have as great a holiday as we did. 

On 3/3/2019 at 3:35 AM, Tokyo Carolyn said:

Thank you and enjoy! 

@Tokyo Carolyn  There are many quite places to read during the day.  One of the places is the Rendezvous Lounge and that is also where they have the book exchange.  It is not as big as the library, but throughout the day there were many people looking and exchanging books.  Here is a picture of one of the three cubbie walls 

image.thumb.png.373869711d5de07df669a4a20c430b0f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lourdest said:

@Tokyo Carolyn  There are many quite places to read during the day.  One of the places is the Rendezvous Lounge and that is also where they have the book exchange.  It is not as big as the library, but throughout the day there were many people looking and exchanging books.  Here is a picture of one of the three cubbie walls 

image.thumb.png.373869711d5de07df669a4a20c430b0f.png

Great, thanks for this info -looks quite nice and cozy!