Embassy Suites 17th Street Ft Lauderdale bar

voljeep

For those who have stayed there ...

How was the 2 hour 'reception'?

table service ? or have to walk up to bar to get a drink

limit on number of drinks

super crowded ( night before a cruise ) or able to get 3-4 drinks in the 2 hour period

standard beer, wine, cocktails  -  well brand or able to order a semi-top shelf ? - single malt scotch?

also can you take your own beers - discretely out by the pool area during the day - or can you

even bring say a small six-pack cooler ( driving down so we will have in car )

anything else?

Edited by voljeep
sp

It was pretty crowded the last time we were there.  We had to get our drinks at the bar, and took them to a table outside.  If I recall correctly, you could get pretty much whatever you asked for.   I don’t recall having a limit, but I think we limited ourselves to two.  

Enjoy!

Edited by CATGUY7
Edit
  • Thanks 1

No judgement on taking your own beer to the pool, BUT:  PLEASE only take cans!!!  No matter how careful you are, glass will break once in awhile.  I can't tell you how many times I've picked up broken beer bottle glass  (or called Housekeeping to clean) around our pool/hottubs/firepit.  

I've never been to an Embassy Suites where the free reception was not crowded.  I've never stayed long enough to see how many drinks people were able to get.   

9 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

No judgement on taking your own beer to the pool, BUT:  PLEASE only take cans!!!  No matter how careful you are, glass will break once in awhile.  I can't tell you how many times I've picked up broken beer bottle glass  (or called Housekeeping to clean) around our pool/hottubs/firepit.  

I've never been to an Embassy Suites where the free reception was not crowded.  I've never stayed long enough to see how many drinks people were able to get.   

we don't allow glass by our pool at home - not us, or anyone else - so totally agree with that

my wife will be more than happy with a couple glasses of wine ( she'd rather have a mojito , but know they are a pita for the bartenders to make in that situation ) ... a couple of scotches or even a cab works for me ... 3 would be better, but definitely not a deal breaker at all as I'm sure a bottle might make the trip down in the car ... to enjoy on our balcony

thanks

Edited by voljeep
added balcony

The free drinks option were nothing I was interested in but DH does like a screwdriver (Vodka/OJ) .Always have been very disappointed in the snacks...they could be a bit better. JMHO

16 minutes ago, Ashland said:

The free drinks option were nothing I was interested in but DH does like a screwdriver (Vodka/OJ) .Always have been very disappointed in the snacks...they could be a bit better. JMHO

typical bar mix snacks?

5 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Enjoy a couple of "free" drinks and the head to Duffy's or the Southport Raw Bar for dinner.

Agree...Duffy's is a favorite and a quick easy walk.

17 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Wait on lines to get drinks.  Cheap well liquor for the most part. 

Welcome to the florida boards!!

thanks ... we've always just driven down the day of the cruise, but since our next one is only 4 days, decided to add

on the day/night before and Embassy Suites seemed to get a lot of recs

Just now, voljeep said:

thanks ... we've always just driven down the day of the cruise, but since our next one is only 4 days, decided to add

I only live in Miami and have gone up the night prior and stayed many of times, start the vacation early!!

I know the cruise you are talking about, I have a cabin on hold!

36 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Just an FYI parking at ES is $24.00per night !!! That alone and prices for ES and the fact that it's looking a bit tired had us change to Hyatt Place on our last pre-cruise. 

16 hours ago, Ashland said:

Just an FYI parking at ES is $24.00per night !!! That alone and prices for ES and the fact that it's looking a bit tired had us change to Hyatt Place on our last pre-cruise. 

Wow!  Their website now notes it is $28! 

18 minutes ago, capriccio said:

still less than 'port fees and taxes' ... but, yeah, at least we'll have a chair in our room ...

location, location,  location

4 hours ago, capriccio said:

Not surprised it has gone up...when we first started staying there it was $18.00 then $21.00 and last time $24.00. We now stay at Hyatt Place and the fee last time was $8.00...and we now like the HP much better just a newer look to the rooms than ES...and HP has an in room safe ES didn't...but perhaps that has changed.

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

still less than 'port fees and taxes' ... but, yeah, at least we'll have a chair in our room ...

location, location,  location

Are you now talking about your cabin... a bit confused we went from parking fees to port fees/taxes and a chair in you room.

Location ? Hyatt Place sits just behind ES and next to the Harbor Shops so the location is basically the same.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Not surprised it has gone up...when we first started staying there it was $18.00 then $21.00 and last time $24.00. We now stay at Hyatt Place and the fee last time was $8.00...and we now like the HP much better just a newer look to the rooms than ES...and HP has an in room safe ES didn't...but perhaps that has changed.

the difference in parking $ 18 will easily be made up at the ES 2 hour cocktail reception ... about 1 drink each covers that :classic_laugh:

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

the difference in parking $ 18 will easily be made up at the ES 2 hour cocktail reception ... about 1 drink each covers that :classic_laugh:

Hmmm....your choice.