Chair HOGS & Cozumel Bar Hop

daka

We are on REGAL on April 7, and I am once again reminded about the "HOGS" who get up at the break of dawn and "reserve" lounge chairs...(not any of "US" do that) but I keep thinking that one day (HA HA) the cruise line will implemint a REAL policy of stopping this practice.

Well, anyway..............Anyone going on the BAR HOP April 12 (2019)

On 3/8/2019 at 1:09 PM, daka said:

We are on REGAL on April 7, and I am once again reminded about the "HOGS" who get up at the break of dawn and "reserve" lounge chairs...(not any of "US" do that) but I keep thinking that one day (HA HA) the cruise line will implemint a REAL policy of stopping this practice.

Well, anyway..............Anyone going on the BAR HOP April 12 (2019)

Have you got a plan to fix the chair hog situation? Princess sure doesn't seem to.  

YES.....Move your feet loose your seat...

No leaving towels, books shoes etc to reserve a lounge...

Unless SOMEONE IN YOUR PARTY IS THERE saving seats is not accetable.

Some times mischief gets the better of me.  😎On a recent cruise, on my way to breakfast around 8:00 a lovely senior lady looking for a lounge and towel, asked if I knew how to get a towel as there weren't any in the towel bin and there was no attendant around. I said,"Let me check for you."  While she went looking fir her towel, I gently removed a pair flip-flops and a magazine from two "reserved"  lounges with four towels, rolled up two of them and handed them to her.  She said, "Thank you.  How did you find them?"  I just told her, "I have my ways."  A sad chair hog and a happy cruiser! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, daka said:

Can we expand this to shows in the theaters as well?  We quit going to the shows due to saving seats of people who never show up, or people don't want anyone sitting next to them.   One time DH and were told the seats were being saved and we sat down anyways.  The people never showed up!

33 minutes ago, daka said:

What about if both people use the pool at the same time? 

As you can see, it doesn't work all that well and there is no solution to the problem. 

• Like 1

Chairs could have something like below. If the guest is not back, tell and attendant, they take the belongings to "storage". I travel alone and often worry that while I am in the restroom or grabbing a drink, someone might think to "take" my lounger. I often ask someone sitting nearby to be kind enough to look after my lounger/towel.

Time.JPG.e20a4ef2306b87de19ce2cc1d0dc896a.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Elevatorman said:

I really think people who make the effort to get up early should be able to save a seat or two. It’s kind of hilarious to see people come out to the pool at 11 am, looking shocked and confused that there are no loungers. 

a seat or two becomes 8

and for how long 30 minutes - ok, I guess, but saving a chair at 7am for someone who shows up at 11 ???

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Have you got a plan to fix the chair hog situation? Princess sure doesn't seem to.  

Program the chair like a parking meter with your medallion. If the person does not reengage with the receptor on the chair in 30 minutes (i.e. they leave the chair), the chair becomes free for someone else to claim it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Elevatorman said:

I really think people who make the effort to get up early should be able to save a seat or two. It’s kind of hilarious to see people come out to the pool at 11 am, looking shocked and confused that there are no loungers. 

I disagree with you completely. If you aren't there you can't "reserve" a spot. It's like showing up for tendering without your entire group. Nope, nope, and nope. They simply won't allow it. "Reserving" a spot by the pool is definitely something that should never be allowed. If my wife wants a spot by the pool (I never use the dang pools) and there is a lounger that has been left vacant for more than half an hour (and the person isn't obviously using the pool or something of that sort) I have no issue removing the "saving towel". Princess actually does have a rule about chair hogs but the staff are afraid to enforce the rule.

13 hours ago, crawford said:

Program the chair like a parking meter with your medallion. If the person does not reengage with the receptor on the chair in 30 minutes (i.e. they leave the chair), the chair becomes free for someone else to claim it. 

Great idea but I think you're been watching to many sci-fi movies. :classic_biggrin:  

In reality, the pool staff has an impossible job of keeping track of which chairs have been left unattended for long periods of time. It seems to me that the only solution is asking someone who's sitting close by if the chair has been vacant for a while.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Great idea but I think you're been watching to many sci-fi movies. :classic_biggrin:  

In reality, the pool staff has an impossible job of keeping track of which chairs have been left unattended for long periods of time. It seems to me that the only solution is asking someone who's sitting close by if the chair has been vacant for a while.

Don't watch sci-fi but the chair hog issue is something you need to remove the human enforcement element from.  

Princess is making an investment in electronics, so why not exploit it?

Who knows, maybe someday you may even be able to use a phone that doesn't require a cord? :classic_biggrin: