Navigator Amplified in Photos

8 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

They can still eat as much as they want, they just don't serve themselves.  I love that they serve it to you now.  This will eliminate the 3 foot radius of sticky nasty mess that always surrounded the ice cream machines when people don't know how to make a cone and have the ice cream fall off the cone immediately after making it.  🙂

Dan

Agreed.  I think this is a better plan and with few people washing hands or using hand sanitizer at the ice cream station it reduces the transfer of germs from grabbing the handle.  

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 10:44 AM, Glitterati said:

You don’t happen to know whether you can take go pros on the water slides? I saw some footage of the riptide and it would look awesome in my holiday video. I don’t know whether they just allowed it for media or whether anyone can use go pros on it. I know you could on the Abyss on the SoS

I don't believe you can on the water slides.  Their own media people might be able to, but I don't think guests can.

On 3/12/2019 at 5:28 PM, Luv2Cruiise said:

When you said the club is for Gold or above, we are Platinum so that means we can use it now?

Thanks for sharing these pics, I am so excited.....

I'm not sure I follow.  Their is gold card pool deck seating for suites and pinnacles whose SeaPass card is literally a gold color.  The Diamond Club remains Diamond and above.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:28 PM, Luv2Cruiise said:

Wow, these are great pictures, how did you get these with no people in most of them? I can't wait to go on Navigator in about 3 weeks. She is so beautiful, I really love the bright colors they have added.

When you said the club is for Gold or above, we are Platinum so that means we can use it now?

Thanks for sharing these pics, I am so excited.....

I think you are confusing your crown and anchor level with your actual sea pass card color. When you are in the higher suites you get an actual gold sea pass card, junior suites get silver, the rest of us, the regular blue card, regardless of your c&a level. If you're not in a suite, you will not be enjoying reserved loungers in a special area. (Me either).

The refurbishments look great.  By the way, this thread is excellent.  What I don't like is the fact that they replaced the Cigar Lounge with the Diamond Lounge.  It doesn't make sense to me.  The cigar lounge was a revenue generating venue.  Everyone in there was always buying drinks.  The Diamond Lounge is just the opposite.  Everyone in there (including me) is partaking of the free drinks and food.  Now I guess we cigar smokers are restricted to a section on the open deck. 

Elvis

15 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

They must have an impressive medical care plan.

You seem quite knowledgeable on all subjects since you seem to answer all the questions. I assume you already know what type of medical coverage my children have. She's a doctor so I assume hers is good.They seem all right despite a solid soft ice cream diet in their pre teens. Now I hope my grandchildren will be able to learn patience while waiting for it to be dispensed.

Thank you @twangster for these gorgeous photos. The ship looks amazing. As the upcoming owner of a large tiki bar, I really loved your beautiful photos of all the drinks you enjoyed. 

IMG_2338.JPG

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

I assume you already know what type of medical coverage my children have. She's a doctor so I assume hers is good.They seem all right despite a solid soft ice cream diet in their pre teens.

The original statement was clearly meant as a joke...DUH.

However...it is pretty much common knowledge that a heavy diet of ice cream is not recommended by many physicians.

My longest-term friend use to joke on how "Dairy Queen sends me a Christmas Card every year". He loved ice cream - any kind.  5 years ago he had a stroke (survived), whereby his doctors said an excess sugar & lactose in his metabolism was uncovered. No joke. His diet has drastically changed since. 

This has been a great and interesting thread, and @twangster has done a super job of conveying his experience in photos.

Wow, thank you so much for sharing these photos. I am overwhelmed by the transformation of this ship. I absolutely adore Voyager-class ships but also really love some of the innovation and stylings of the newer, bigger ships. We sailed on Symphony and we liked a lot elements of the ship but not the ship overall -- it's hard to explain. But this seems perfect -- the right sized ship with the best amenities. I will definitely have to consider booking on Navigator in the future!

6 hours ago, mr walker said:

Is it known if the upcoming revamp of Voyager is going to be the same/similar as for Navigator?

The cruise line has not publicly released any details.

I am just blown away by these pictures! What an awesome job you did. Are you a true photographer by trade? Because if you're not you should be! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this period do you know if anyone has any photos of the new junior suites on Deck 11 forward? 

You know I hardly recognize the "new" ship! I've been on her several times and I can't believe the transformation. It's amazing. I think I'm going to have to go again.

I've seen youtube videos of the new water slide and I'm so excited. This is something I would feel very comfortable going on. I don't do flowrider or iFly, and I'm too chicken for the daredevil vertical drop type water slides. This looks like it manages to be very fun, yet accessible to a wide range of ages and comfort levels. 

Plus the taco bar, and the Bamboo Room, love these options!

EmilyJay and twangster

Thanks so much for the terrific reports on NOS. Your insights and experiences are of great value to all, but especially for those of us going soon on this ship.  It is always hard to plan and anticipate the changes on a revamped ship...you have helped us all.

What a great job on the photos!!!!  We were also on the sailing but never saw many of these locations!!!  Guess we were always too busy!!  Where was the suite seating for the pools?  It use to be right next to the pool bar but that is now gone.  We never did notice where it was!!

Great pictures.  We are going on Voyager in March 2020 after amplification.  If she even gets half of whats been done to Navigator its going to be a great cruise.  Well it always is, but it will be nice to see something new.

Omg...thank you for sharing your incredible pictures.  What a great job of capturing everything!

I'm really looking forward to Navigator in the summer.  From the slide rules you posted, it looks like you can actually wear eye glasses as long as they have straps?  That's great news as the tube one is one I will actually go on.

Those drinks for I'm lime and coconut look amazing.

Beautiful changes they've done.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to do this!  We board at the end of the week, and we feel like we just had a mini vacation this afternoon looking at your pictures.  I appreciate the insight this gives the rest of us for our planning!