Search for 2 Adults and 1 Child???

SD449

I am trying to look for a family cruise with my DD 9 but all the sites I have used so far give search results based on 2 Adults sharing.

It is only once you pick an itinerary you can add a Child, then it show no rooms available or the price sky rockets.

Am I doing something wrong or is there any better sites (apart from Disney) to use for this purpose?

Is the cruise in the near future or over the summer? Could be that cabins that will accommodate more than two are sold out. They will be more pricey than a cabin that will only accommodate two. Have you tried checking with a travel agent or calling the cruise line directly?

53 minutes ago, gerif said:

Is the cruise in the near future or over the summer? Could be that cabins that will accommodate more than two are sold out. They will be more pricey than a cabin that will only accommodate two. Have you tried checking with a travel agent or calling the cruise line directly?

I’m looking from May til the end of the year

I appreciate that adding a child will be more but I like to be able to search with a child and the correct availablity and price shownup without having to click into each result

The fact that the third person is a child has no relevance.  You are just looking for a cabin for 3 people.  If the cruise is selling well, and there are many cabins already filled with three or four guests, the price for the third person can be more than the first two.  Strange, but true.  Are you looking at cruises from the UK, or  a particular port or itinerary?  EM

It sounds like there are only 2 of you going, but it's giving you what you perceive as "adult" pricing.  They don't care about the ages of the cruisers.  If there are only the 2 of you, you both pay the "PER PERSON" price, whether it's a child or adult.

And it is for this reason i go squirelly when trying to price our cruise with our son too. You see the nice lower prices -- but then those prices aren't for cabins that accomodate 3 (or +) people. It's quite aggravating how far you need to go through the booking progress to see what the price may be. - Then to also try to compare different bonuses. 

Also - be aware that sometimes the "cheapest" sailaway rate doesn't allow for 3rd passenger fare free and so the little bit higher pp rate can come out cheaper!! need to try all the options to get the best rate. 

If it helps, P&O and Cunard usually only charge a small sum for children. We’ve had our toddler go free and for £99 in suites both times. You still can’t see it online but you find a cruise and price you like then give them a call to see if there are still children spaces on board and if so what the cost is for then in your cabin. With two little ones we can’t justify Celebrity, RCI etc who want to charge as much for then as for me.