What is up with Cruise Planner??

WrittenOnYourHeart

I've had problems with using it on an iPad. When I book something and try to put my info in, the scroll box for country is unusable. I had to book shore excursions and spec restaurants over the phone and complained both times. Perhaps they're repairing it (hope, hope, hope). 

2 hours ago, doneall50 said:

I've had problems with using it on an iPad. When I book something and try to put my info in, the scroll box for country is unusable. I had to book shore excursions and spec restaurants over the phone and complained both times. Perhaps they're repairing it (hope, hope, hope). 

Same thing happens with my Galaxy S9  and my S5 before that. It would be okay if here in the US the first choice was United States, but instead you have to crawl about 4 countries at a time through the entire list. Mine kept kicking me out of the planner entirely every time I made it to the S's. Grrr!

I read that this is a problem with Equinox sailings. Even clearing cookies an cache, using incognito, going through the already booked menu item and entering reservation number and ship sail date does no good. You still get this.

562e035a77de552494da756594bb8e1b.jpg

Maybe it goes back to the problem when about a year of Equinox sailing disappeared for a time.

There is no excuse for the cruise planner to be down for this long.

Past Reviews post 184

31 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I read that this is a problem with Equinox sailings. Even clearing cookies an cache, using incognito, going through the already booked menu item and entering reservation number and ship sail date does no good. You still get this.

Maybe it goes back to the problem when about a year of Equinox sailing disappeared for a time.

Past Reviews post 184

There is not. And it is not a good look for a new to Celebrity cruiser. Honestly between this and the attitude I have encountered from some on here (the board, NOT this thread), I am beginning to rethink my decision to try this cruise line.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Past Reviews post 184

It would be nice to have a CEO that cared more about making sure passengers who were trying to spend money with X enhancing their cruises than planning her next "Sail with the CEO." A non-functional website is really frustrating and this has been an ongoing problem for the past two years since the new site launched. The old site was no prize either, but this has been WAY worse!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

There is not. And it is not a good look for a new to Celebrity cruiser. Honestly between this and the attitude I have encountered from some on here (the board, NOT this thread), I am beginning to rethink my decision to try this cruise line.

really sorry to hear that we love the Celebrity product but this is driving me mad. It's fine for my February 2020 Constellation cruise but September is coming up fast! I hope you love it when you get on board 

15 minutes ago, Ereggae said:

FYI, there are some browsers that are not compatible with the Celebrity site.  I believe Google Chrome is one of them.  Download and try another browser like Firefox, for example.

Totally disagree.  I have xanax use Chrome as  consistently as other browsers as long as I use an Incognito window. I do that with Chrome,  Edge, and Firefox.  Sometimes none work because the website isn't functioning. 

12 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Totally disagree.  I have xanax use Chrome as  consistently as other browsers as long as I use an Incognito window. I do that with Chrome,  Edge, and Firefox.  Sometimes none work because the website isn't functioning. 

Only repeating what Celebrity's IT department told me although this was when they first updated the website.  I was specifically instructed not to use Chrome.

Edited by Ereggae

43 minutes ago, Ereggae said:

Only repeating what Celebrity's IT department told me although this was when they first updated the website.  I was specifically instructed not to use Chrome.

Celebrity's IT department is as reliable with it's advice as with its work product. They advised my to USE Chrome and not IE. Edge or Firefox. If we were take their advice at face value 4 major browsers are not compatible with the Celebrity website as stated by their IT department. One has to just say hmmmmmm 

• Like 1

On March 19, 2019 at 1:11 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks. I tried that and got “to protect your privacy your booking has been locked for 20 minutes”. Ugh.

i will check again at 2. If that doesn’t work, I will call.

I get that message regularly.  I called Captains Club and her response was that she will book an excursion, specialty dining, drink package, etc for me.  She didn't comment on the wait 20 min thing. 

.  I tried the next day and didn't get that message but it never loaded it just kept spinning?  It's ver annoying.  

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 5:53 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Honestly between this and the attitude I have encountered from some on here (the board, NOT this thread), I am beginning to rethink my decision to try this cruise line.

I think you will be sorry if you cancel your Celebrity cruise.   The ships are amazing,  the crew is great and the food is very good.   Don't let a little glitch on the website or some rude comments here change your mind.   You can still pull up the excursions for your trip if you look under the book your excursions box and click 'download a shorex brochure', and then call to book.   Or call them for anything else you need,  most of the phone reps are really nice and helpful.   

• Like 1

I think you will be sorry if you cancel your Celebrity cruise.   The ships are amazing,  the crew is great and the food is very good.   Don't let a little glitch on the website or some rude comments here change your mind.   You can still pull up the excursions for your trip if you look under the book your excursions box and click 'download a shorex brochure', and then call to book.   Or call them for anything else you need,  most of the phone reps are really nice and helpful.   

Those brochures show the full price, and are not adjusted for sales.

When you see excursion sales on the site, call then to get the lower price

Past Reviews post 184
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not any longer. I had called and spoken with someone who was forwarding my ticket to tech support - it's a known issue, and I guess they are having to work through on a case by case basis as it does not seem to affect everyone. She was supposed to call me when they let her know it was fixed, but she didn't. It's ok though.

They still have Punta Cana excursions up for Tortola day on my itinerary, but at least they have Tortola excursions up also. That was my next problem. LOL.