Any undesirable aft cabins on M-class?

BrendaJ

Deck 9 cabins are probably the least desirable.  They are located directly below the aft bar and noise (from patrons and chair-moving) can be an issue.

Otherwise they are all great staterooms with very large balconies!  Select a cabin on decks 7 or 8......deck 6 too if you can afford it!!

3 hours ago, PelicanLvr said:

Deck 9 cabins are probably the least desirable.  They are located directly below the aft bar and noise (from patrons and chair-moving) can be an issue.

Otherwise they are all great staterooms with very large balconies!  Select a cabin on decks 7 or 8......deck 6 too if you can afford it!!

LOL - deck 6 in my next life, I hope!

Thanks - I totally didn’t even think about how deck 9 would be under the bar - I sure don’t want to be there.

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Those on deck 11 are great too. 

Those Aqua aft cabins on Deck 11 are one level above the bar and one deck below the outdoor movie on the Terrace.  TeaBag obviously likes them, as do many, but I would be hesitant.  

4 minutes ago, PelicanLvr said:

Those Aqua aft cabins on Deck 11 are one level above the bar and one deck below the outdoor movie on the Terrace.  TeaBag obviously likes them, as do many, but I would be hesitant.  

I am one of those who love them.

Laura

• Like 2

We were on deck 7 and loved it. The balcony was HUGE! Just check though that you are not next to as family cabin if you are a couple as we were and it can get a little noisy out there if the little 'uns are running about. Other than that, lovely cabins.

5 hours ago, PelicanLvr said:

We are also among those who dislike the aft cabins on deck 11, not just for the noise,  but mainly because of the obstructed downward views and lack of privacy.

At Icy Strait Point with humpbacks frolicking directly behind the ship,   passengers on the lower aft balconies could look right down and watch them for hours,  but they could not be seen at all from deck 11  because the sunset bar/buffet outdoor seating area on deck 10 juts far out below the deck 11 balconies, blocking off the downward view (as shown in the photo above).

The  downward view there is much more obstructed than any  lifeboat obstruction below a balcony would be; yet surprisingly those cabins were not marked as obstructed.

6 hours ago, Oville said:

Beware, those deck 11 cabins are losing privacy with the Revolution.

A31A5200-8C72-49FF-9B76-44717891BBEF.jpeg

Especially cabin 1130 which is on the far starboard side - everyone climbing the stairs from the Sunset Bar on deck 10 all the way up to the Rooftop Terrace on deck 12 has a view of your entire balcony.

21 hours ago, varoo said:

We are also among those who dislike the aft cabins on deck 11, not just for the noise,  but mainly because of the obstructed downward views and lack of privacy.

At Icy Strait Point with humpbacks frolicking directly behind the ship,   passengers on the lower aft balconies could look right down and watch them for hours,  but they could not be seen at all from deck 11  because the sunset bar/buffet outdoor seating area on deck 10 juts far out below the deck 11 balconies, blocking off the downward view (as shown in the photo above).

The  downward view there is much more obstructed than any  lifeboat obstruction below a balcony would be; yet surprisingly those cabins were not marked as obstructed.

Thanks for mentioning that. We like the deck 11 AQ (1138 and 1141), but not sure if we still will with a Revolutionized ship. We booked 7208 on Millie for Alaska - sounds like we made the right decision!

We will be on deck 9 aft in Oct.  Not too worried about the noise (fingers crossed)  I sleep with ear plugs, so hopefully the chairs won't be louder than DH's snoring.    The only thing I do fear a little bit, is the smoking.  Can anyone let me know if the smoke will waft down to our cabin?  we are starboard middle.  😃