Luminae?

39august

Will be in our first suite on Equinox in Sept. Can we see Luminae menus for the entire cruise on boarding day, please? I did this on RCI ships in the past. This is a great help to know when to book a specialty dinner or two. Also, can we still order from the MDR menu in Luminae? I would want to get lobster when it is available.

You can ask the Restaurant Manager for Luminae and he should be able to show you copies or get copies for you.

Alternatively you can download the Celebrity App and it will have the menu for the complete cruise for you.   So far reports are that it is 90-95% accurate as once in awhile a day or 2 are swithched but I guess it would be the same if you saw the hard copy menus.

Edited by Jim_Iain

I've found that sometimes the Michael's Club Concierge has the full set of menus in Michael's Club on embarkation day.  So you can always check with him/her.  And, yes, you can order from the MDR menu (note, however, this option is not available on Edge).  Enjoy!

Your butler will bring the full set to your suite.  We always do this - there is no point going to a specialty restaurant and missing something good!  MDR menus are also available in Luminae and you can get copies of those too if you want.

Here are the menus. We have had the first menu a few times on the first night (because I can remember having the filet mignon on the first night), but they may change the order so as said above check with the Michael's Club Concierge or ask the Maitre d' if you go there for lunch.

https://images.r.cruisecritic.com/pdfs/celeb-luminae-menu-samples.pdf

We have found that the lobster is usually served in Luminae on the second Chic night and as the MDR usually does the same (again, not set in stone).

Note:  Edge menus are tweaked a bit and they said that those new menus would eventually go fleetwide.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=vtcruisi

Edited by vtcruising

Re: lobster in Luminae. Menus show the the preparations in Luminae and Blu for lobster are different. I’ve only ever had MDR lobster. Can anyone compare the lobster in Luminae to the preparation in Blu? Is one better than the other? Blu’s version SOUNDs like I would like it more but is the quality in Luminae that much better to choose going there over Blu? All based on availability of seating in Blu, of course.

2 minutes ago, CruisingTheWaves said:

Re: lobster in Luminae. Menus show the the preparations in Luminae and Blu for lobster are different. I’ve only ever had MDR lobster. Can anyone compare the lobster in Luminae to the preparation in Blu? Is one better than the other? Blu’s version SOUNDs like I would like it more but is the quality in Luminae that much better to choose going there over Blu? All based on availability of seating in Blu, of course.

I would vote for the Luminae lobster personally. 🙂

image.thumb.png.879382b986897966126264e378e4f47c.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CruisingTheWaves said:

We did Blu in November on Equinox and Luminae in February on Edge and both Lobster preparations are excellent. They changed up the lobster presentation in Lumaine and the one in Blu is now very close to what used to be in Lumaine. Since you can, go to both! 🙂 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CruisingTheWaves said:

We did a B2B cruise on the Equinox this past December, and had a suite on the first leg, and an aqua class cabin on the second leg.  I enjoyed the lobster in Blu a bit better the in Luminea.  Luminea's lobster was served in the traditional way, whereas Luminea's lobster was served with a sauce.  Both were better than in the main dining room.  IMHO.

Rollie