Iceland's Wow airline stops flying

hallasm

I wonder how many passengers are stranded and how their attempts to find rescue flights home on other airlines is going?  A one way international fare on short notice would be quite costly. 

Anyone know now what the track record for the industry is for picking up the pieces in these situations?

22 minutes ago, Zach1213 said:

I believe they're starting LGW, not LHR. Would be surprised to see them at LHR due to slot cost.

Could be. I only heard the announcement as "to London". Didn't pursue it further, as we don't fly Norwegian. It sounded like 5 days a week service. 

8 hours ago, hallasm said:

Do not fully understand you comments - or maybe article has broken updated ‘WOW Air cancels all flight’

I meant that DTW was one of the US airports that WOW was still flying out of when operations ceased.  Last year, WOW had operations in more US airports, but cut those in a cost saving move. 

On 3/28/2019 at 1:19 PM, buggins0402 said:

I wonder how many passengers are stranded and how their attempts to find rescue flights home on other airlines is going?  A one way international fare on short notice would be quite costly. 

As demonstrated again by this event, usually there are other airlines that are ready to help out in such situations.