Currently on Summit Suite Class 6146 - 1st Impression

Want2Cruise 701

3 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I’m so happy to read this because we just booked 6145 for April 2021. We just got off the Summit today and booked while still onboard. We’ve never had anything higher than a mini-suite (no perks). A friend of ours had a Sky Suite on our sailing. I thought their room was lovey and she never complained once about their accommodations. I’m fact, she told me I needed to try it and that once you try it you don’t go back. We were perfectly happy with our C2, but their room was much larger and I loved the suite areas. 

To the OP, thanks for all the photos!  They were quite helpful and I’m sure we will enjoy it. 

Once you get used to the suite restaurant (Luminae - deck 4) and The Retreat Sundeck - deck 12, along with the Retreat Lounge - deck 4, and then the rest of the amenities of Suite Class, you may ask yourself why you didn't spend the extra dollars before. But, be VERY careful.... the temptation will be there to try a Celebrity or Royal Suite on a future cruise. Yes, they are also worth the extra dollars, in my opinion. And I ain't no teacher!

Renovations on cruise ships seems to be very popular.  Many people complain about the old cabin designs and dislike the new updated cabins. No pleasing everybody.  Most cabins get new bedding that everyone likes.  The storage problems are often the biggest problem. Need drawers, closed compartments, hanging space, comfortable seating, useful tables, good lighting, lay down shelf in shower, and working AC.  After reading the postings, I wonder if the designer had any feedback from actual cruisers.  Last time that I was on Summit was in 2018.  While there were some worn spots in the cabin, the basic design worked. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
3 hours ago, Micke100 said:

May I ask if anyone staying in 6146 or 6145 had issues with noise either from the connecting Penthouse suite or from above/below?

Thanks / Mike.

Stayed in 6145 this past December. I don't recall any noise whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Micke100 said:

May I ask if anyone staying in 6146 or 6145 had issues with noise either from the connecting Penthouse suite or from above/below?

Thanks / Mike.

Post Revolution the PH suites have lost their pianos, often a cause of complaints of noise! Your room does have a connecting door to the PH, however, so if they are entertaining try to get an invite! Seriously, most PH guests are thoughtful and if they do entertain it tends to be sail away parties or pre dinner drinks. 

If you were unlucky with neighbours try a rolled rolled towel at the bottom of the door. The connecting door is in the dining area of the PH so later in the evening TV noise etc is not likely to be an issue.

A lovely room, enjoy your cruise!

2 hours ago, Micke100 said:

Thank you.

So should I understand this as you were happy with you choice of cabin and would choose it again?

I don't know who you're asking since you didn't quote anyone, but I wouldn't hesitate to book this cabin again.

9 hours ago, RichYak said:

I don't know who you're asking since you didn't quote anyone, but I wouldn't hesitate to book this cabin again.

Thanks! I’m trying to learn how to quote and it seems I’ve worked it out now.

Yes, my question was targeted towards you so thank you for your input.

12 hours ago, Micke100 said:

Thank you for you useful input.

Good to hear.

Another positive about this room is you will have the same butler as the PH, usually the most experienced on the ship. 

If you search on You Tube you should get some pictures. I have only visited this room not stayed in it, if I remember rightly it has a door to the balcony, not a sliding door and a very nice bathroom.

We have a lesser sky suite booked in 2021 on the Summit and so was interested in this topic.  I think as we have progressed over the years from insides and ocean view cabins it is because now we truly do spend more time in the cabin.  When everything about cruising was new and we did not want to miss anything we were seldom in the cabin except to sleep and change for dinner.  Now we spend more time relaxing and enjoy the sea view and extra space.  I wish there was a decent table for room service.  I also think in these Covid days I would avoid inside and oceanview cabins just in case the ship got into trouble somewhere.

• Like 1

If X wants the passengers to utilize the ship and not the cabin that we should all book a inside cabin and not waste our money on a suite because they don’t want us in the cabin.  

Doesn’t make any sense as we enjoy the privacy and freedom of haven’t our own private resort/hide away where we can relax, enjoy the sea and not have to be herded into a area waiting for service.   We book a suite to be able to have a quite peaceful atmosphere without beIng around a lot of people and fighting for a place to sit enjoying the afternoon snacks and relaxing before getting ready for the evening.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• 10 months later...

We are booked in SS 6246 for July 10 on the Summit - it was the Millennium until 4 days ago.  Would love to have input from anyone on the current Millennium sales or other insights regarding staff and Retreat on any of these sister ships.  Thanks for sharing all of your experiences!