SAILING NEXT WEEK!

Lois R

Well, just a week a away from my first Azamara cruise:classic_biggrin:...I have cruised with Celebrity close to 50 times over the years, a few times on Royal, once on HAL, once on Carnival (I don't really count that one since it was way back in 1992). More recently a River Cruise with AMA and 2 more on Silversea most recently (the past 2 years in a row)

Looking forward to trying Azamara...……….going on Journey out of New York City:classic_biggrin:....one week from tomorrow!

And my other observation about the actual Azamara forum....why are there so many sticky notes at the top? I counted 10:classic_ohmy:...it is almost 1/2 way down the page before you find a "regular post/question"...…….just wondering.

• Like 3

I hope you will love Azamara!  After many Celebrity cruises, we tried Azamara in November for the first transatlantic of Pursuit.  We loved the cruise...the size of the ship, the food, the service, and the friendliness of the crew and passengers.  We will be boarding for the Journey’s transatlantic to Lisbon when you disembark.  Have a wonderful trip!

Laura

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

And my other observation about the actual Azamara forum....why are there so many sticky notes at the top? I counted 10:classic_ohmy:...it is almost 1/2 way down the page before you find a "regular post/question"...…….just wondering.

Hi Lois R, I’ve thought the same thing...too many stickies to scroll through.  Perhaps the archived Q&As with Larry and Richard can be removed?

I’ll leave it to our CC host and CC management to see if any of the other stickies can be removed or consolidated. Thanks for mentioning this.

And have a great cruise! 

• Thanks 1

I’m sailing with Lois on Azamara Journey next week as well.  This will be our first Azamara cruise. We have done Carnival, one RCCL, 1 Viking Ocean Cruise and 2 Viking river cruises. We have loved them all. I’m looking forward to the smaller ship, fewer passengers and docking in Hamilton (Bermuda). 

I am wondering what kind of weather we might encounter on the first and last days. Spring along the east coast is so unpredictable. I’m planning for cold weather with rough seas and hoping for the best.  Fingers crossed. I do love sailing from Manhattan I never tire  of it. 

I’m getting ahead of myself here, but I’m wondering about the disembarkation procedure. We have to arrange a time with the car service, and while I’m used to how the process works with Carnival I’m wondering how it works on Azamara. Do they rush you off or can you take a bit of time and enjoy breakfast? 

We won’t have a flight to catch, so we can wait for the crowds to die down. Also NCL Escape will be in port at the same time. 

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

And my other observation about the actual Azamara forum....why are there so many sticky notes at the top? I counted 10:classic_ohmy:...it is almost 1/2 way down the page before you find a "regular post/question"...…….just wondering.

2 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Lois R, I’ve thought the same thing...too many stickies to scroll through.  Perhaps the archived Q&As with Larry and Richard can be removed?

I’ll leave it to our CC host and CC management to see if any of the other stickies can be removed or consolidated. Thanks for mentioning this.

I agree there are too many stickies. I have unpinned the two Q & As with Larry & Richard. I’m also thinking about unpinning the Choice Air topic as it’s very old (2011) and may include out of date information. I’d be interested in any views about this or any other ideas of topics to unpin.

4 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I agree there are too many stickies. I have unpinned the two Q & As with Larry & Richard. I’m also thinking about unpinning the Choice Air topic as it’s very old (2011) and may include out of date information. I’d be interested in any views about this or any other ideas of topics to unpin.

There is a post on the sticky from Andy that is 12 years old...…...there is another one from Laura that is also very old...…...not sure if this is a CC policy or not...…..(that threads need to stay at the top for basically infinity...…..)

Thanks for the good wishes.  Looks like NYC is going to be rainy weather next week...…….oh well. Better than snow!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lois R said:

There is a post on the sticky from Andy that is 12 years old...…...there is another one from Laura that is also very old...…...not sure if this is a CC policy or not...…..(that threads need to stay at the top for basically infinity...…..)

Thanks for your suggestions.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Thanks for the good wishes.  Looks like NYC is going to be rainy weather next week...…….oh well. Better than snow!

Keep your fingers crossed!  Looks like they took the rain out of the forecast. Only going to be 55 degrees. Gonna be brisk on deck for sail away!  

8 hours ago, Cyber Kat said:

Keep your fingers crossed!  Looks like they took the rain out of the forecast. Only going to be 55 degrees. Gonna be brisk on deck for sail away!  

Looks like long sleeves and a jacket will be the attire of the day.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

HGC: I think the ChoiceAir pin could be removed as you noted it's quite old (IMHO).

Thanks for removing the other pins.

1 hour ago, mchell810 said:

HGC: I think the ChoiceAir pin could be removed as you noted it's quite old (IMHO).

The Choice Air pin helped me a lot, even though the info is old. I would probably not have even known about Choice Air if the pin was not there. It at least got me to initiate a search and eventually led to a booking. 

7 hours ago, mchell810 said:

6 hours ago, Cool Fool said:

The Choice Air pin helped me a lot, even though the info is old. I would probably not have even known about Choice Air if the pin was not there. It at least got me to initiate a search and eventually led to a booking. 

I consulted with Bonnie about this one and she checked with people at Azamara. They are happy for the Choice Air topic to be unpinned as it’s 8 years old, so I have done.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

You will have Captain Johannes along with Hotel Director Heike. Both very able and delightful. I hope you enjoy your cruise. 

Phil 

We are also on this cruise & looking forward to sailing with the ones you mentioned along with Eric as CD.

Well, I am getting through this last day of work and on my lunch hour.  All packed and everything.  My flight leaves tomorrow morning at 11:45 arriving JFK 2:15.  Hotel car service picking me up!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Well, I am getting through this last day of work and on my lunch hour.  All packed and everything.  My flight leaves tomorrow morning at 11:45 arriving JFK 2:15.  Hotel car service picking me up!!!!

Your excitement is contagious...now I'm wishing I had a cruise booked!

Have a great trip LoisR.

Lois...I've seen and followed your posts on the X forum for years...I hope you like AZ as much as we do!! We still sail with X...but if AZ was affordable all the time we'd go that route!! Looking forward to hearing how you liked it!! LuAnn

Hi LuAnn, I have not sailed with a Celebrity in a few years now...….life changes and I was able to branch out to luxury. I have been on Silversea twice and LOVED them.  So, we shall see how I like Azamara. 

2 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Lois, I've been seeing you on Silverseas water cooler, we love Azamara, hope you do too.

Hi, yes, I like that thread....fun folks!