Anthem Soda Machines older cup

Last year when I was on the Anthem, I got the soda package which came with the cup for the freestyle machines. I still have the cup. Will it work when I go on my cruise this year in a couple of weeks?

5 minutes ago, cvasto said:

Last year when I was on the Anthem, I got the soda package which came with the cup for the freestyle machines. I still have the cup. Will it work when I go on my cruise this year in a couple of weeks?

If you used the cup on your last cruise it won’t work on your next cruise.

8 minutes ago, cvasto said:

They have a lifespan of 14 consecutive days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cvasto said:

You shouldn't have to use your cup from last year. When you buy the package again this year, you'll be given a new cup at no extra charge.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

You shouldn't have to use your cup from last year. When you buy the package again this year, you'll be given a new cup at no extra charge.

I think the OP was trying not to buy the package this year. 

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I read a bit of sarcasm into cruiseguys post and he was suggesting to buy a package instead of getting something for free.

Here's a novel idea, pay for the new cup like 99.9% of the other cruisers do when they want the soda package.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

nice try.

The cup has a RFID chip linked to your SeaPass. The Freestyle Machine reads the chip located at the bottom of the cup. If it does not match you will get the expired syrup with an extra treat that you will remember for life-the soda machine cleaning cartridge contents. 

Please for the life of me just purchase a new package. It's not sanitary to keep reusing an old cup. Plus besides if Security Catches you or anyone you could be thrown off the ship and banned from sailing. 

If you don't want to purchase the package then wait until you are in port for  better soda. 

Edited by travelplus

38 minutes ago, travelplus said:

It's not sanitary to keep reusing an old cup. 

We purchased the drink package and I don’t think it’s sanitary to use the same new cup. We are not washing dishes on vacation so unless they amplify our balcony room with a dishwasher we will be taking our cups home still in the wrapping that it came in.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, travelplus said:

The cup has a RFID chip linked to your SeaPass. The Freestyle Machine reads the chip located at the bottom of the cup. If it does not match you will get the expired syrup with an extra treat that you will remember for life-the soda machine cleaning cartridge contents. 

Please for the life of me just purchase a new package. It's not sanitary to keep reusing an old cup. Plus besides if Security Catches you or anyone you could be thrown off the ship and banned from sailing. 

If you don't want to purchase the package then wait until you are in port for  better soda. 

The RFID chip is not linked to your seapass card.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The RFID chip is not linked to your seapass card.

I think you missed the sarcasm in their comment.  They went on to say that if the RFID tag and SeaPass don’t match, you will get the expired syrup and cleaning remains.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, A2Mich said:

I think you missed the sarcasm in their comment.  They went on to say that if the RFID tag and SeaPass don’t match, you will get the expired syrup and cleaning remains.

I caught the last part as sarcasm, wasn’t sure if it was tied to the first part of the statement or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I caught the last part as sarcasm, wasn’t sure if it was tied to the first part of the statement or not.

Understand now.  Problem with posting sarcasm on these boards, is that experienced cruisers may recognize sone things as sarcasm, but true newbies may not pick that out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

We purchased the drink package and I don’t think it’s sanitary to use the same new cup. We are not washing dishes on vacation so unless they amplify our balcony room with a dishwasher we will be taking our cups home still in the wrapping that it came in.

I don’t wash many dishes on a cruise. But I do wash my soda cup in the sink often when I’m cruising. Probably not completely sanitary but better than nothing.   DH however never unwraps his either.   This comes in handy if the kids lose their cup. Otherwise it stays on the ship where hopefully it gets reallocated. 

Edited by cindivan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cindivan said:

I don’t wash many dishes on a cruise. But I do wash my soda cup in the sink often when I’m cruising. Probably not completely sanitary but better than nothing.   DH however never unwraps his either.     

I usually bring a tiny bottle of dish soap with us for this as well as emergency clothes washing 😂 (don’t ask). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A2Mich said:

I usually bring a tiny bottle of dish soap with us for this as well as emergency clothes washing 😂 (don’t ask). 

I think that’s very practical. One never knows. (And I do the same but with a small amount of laundry detergent). 

• Like 1

We always get the drink package, but never use the cups. I think I have about 30 still in the plastic from various ships just sitting in a cabinet. I'd be curious if any of them would work if brought onto the ship (not advocating theft, just a general curiosity). 

12 minutes ago, jbr5049 said:

We always get the drink package, but never use the cups. I think I have about 30 still in the plastic from various ships just sitting in a cabinet. I'd be curious if any of them would work if brought onto the ship (not advocating theft, just a general curiosity). 

The Freestyle machines won’t work as the RFID tag in the cup would not be active.  You MIGHT be able to find a bartender that would fill your cup from the bar gun for cash, but I would guess that doing so may be against their policies, and that most people aren’t going to risk disciplinary actions, or the loss of their job, just to hook up cheaters with some free soda.