Post Cruise Thank You OBC offer

bajathree

I just received this e-mail offer from Celebrity ....don't ever remember receiving this in the past.

Dear Steven,

It was a pleasure to welcome you as a Captain's Club member on board Celebrity EquinoxSM on your Caribbean cruise. Even though your vacation has ended, we hope you look back fondly on the memories of your days at sea – and smile.

To thank you for sailing with us, we're pleased to offer you an onboard credit to use on your next cruise with Celebrity of:

• $50 per stateroom — Ocean View*
  • $100 per stateroom — Veranda*
  • $150 per stateroom — Concierge Class, AquaClass*
  • $200 per stateroom — Suites*

Didn’t think you could use this with any other perks, but now the system has changed and one can book just the ‘Sail’ option, perhaps you can add this to any booking (in effect you’re paying to add the 2 perks so they are no longer ‘free’)?

12 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Look carefully at the fine print

Looks pretty straight forward:

Single occupancy bookings are eligible for Offer. Offer on cruisetours is based on the number of sail nights. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise, and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking. 

Offer is applicable to NEW individual bookings. Offer is combinable with one other offer, except, Exciting Deals, Book & Go packages, Premium vacation packages, interline, travel agent, and employee rates, and may be withdrawn at any time. Offer is not applicable to inside staterooms. Refer to celebrity.com for complete terms and conditions. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. 

POSTTHANKU is able to be combined with 1 other promotion.  So if you buy the 2 perk "promotion" you can still add this.  However if you have something else from Celebrity like OBC from booking onboard it can't be combined.

One other trick I found is that I don't receive and email after each sailing I do.  But if I find my old email and click on the Having trouble viewing this email? click here  link and I see an updated one with new dates after each sailing.

I had a  couple of reservation with Resident Discount without any perks where I was able to use POSTTHANKU and get Shareholder credit.  I was smart enough to get the Shareholder Credit first then call to apply the POSTTHANKU.   Last couple of times I tried this it was denied.  POSTTHANKU is able to be combined with 1 other offer but Shareholder Credit is not able to be combined with anything else.

• Like 1

They are very inconsistent about how and when to apply the POSTTHANKU. I've had it applied by my TA with no problem even when I had multiple perks and OBC. I've also been told no, but then called back, spoken to someone else and told yes. I've been told no by my TA, then called X Captains Club (after booking!) and they applied it. It all depends on who you ask, when you ask, how you ask, and how many times you ask! It's baffling, but very much appreciated. They don't have to do anything. So if I manage to get it applied, I'm always certain to say thanks! My theory is, if you don't ask, the answer is definitely NO.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

They are very inconsistent about how and when to apply the POSTTHANKU. I've had it applied by my TA with no problem even when I had multiple perks and OBC. I've also been told no, but then called back, spoken to someone else and told yes. I've been told no by my TA, then called X Captains Club (after booking!) and they applied it. It all depends on who you ask, when you ask, how you ask, and how many times you ask! It's baffling, but very much appreciated. They don't have to do anything. So if I manage to get it applied, I'm always certain to say thanks! My theory is, if you don't ask, the answer is definitely NO.

Absolutely!

They're also inconsistent about sending out the postthankU emails.  In all the cruises we have done with Celebrity, we have never received this email.  I get so many emails from Celebrity about other things, it's almost annoying, but never this one.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

They're also inconsistent about sending out the postthankU emails.  In all the cruises we have done with Celebrity, we have never received this email.  I get so many emails from Celebrity about other things, it's almost annoying, but never this one.

Same here. 

I think bajathree and I were on the same sailing and the email I received today was:

Dear Gary,

It was a pleasure to welcome you as a Captain's Club member on board Celebrity Equinox on your Caribbean cruise. Even though your vacation has ended, we hope you look back fondly on the memories of your days at sea – and smile.

Thanks again for choosing to spend your vacation with us.

We booked this sailing directly with Celebrity about 60 days prior to sailing and did not book any new sailings while on board.  Last year I got a similar email, but my daughter, who went with us in her own cabin which was charged to my CC got the email offering some OBC if she booked something post cruise.

7 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I think bajathree and I were on the same sailing and the email I received today was:

Dear Gary,

It was a pleasure to welcome you as a Captain's Club member on board Celebrity Equinox on your Caribbean cruise. Even though your vacation has ended, we hope you look back fondly on the memories of your days at sea – and smile.

Thanks again for choosing to spend your vacation with us.

We booked this sailing directly with Celebrity about 60 days prior to sailing and did not book any new sailings while on board.  Last year I got a similar email, but my daughter, who went with us in her own cabin which was charged to my CC got the email offering some OBC if she booked something post cruise.

So  you got told just to smile without the OBC offer?

Edited by villauk