Explorer Live! Lisbon to Venice, April 8-30 (with the prequel)

kjbacon

While today has been calmer compared to the very stormy weather that we have had, there is no way in the world that we could have or should have tendered anywhere. I guess the guy who was yelling at that poor girl in guest services yesterday and telling her that he googled the height of the swells in Taormina today didn’t know more than Captain Serena after all.

A month or so ago, I asked my husband why the Viking cruise made such a bad decision to head into that storm and ended up declaring May Day and now I know why. Most people on board are reasonable but there are still some who are angry and want a refund.

I am thankful that the Captain and Regent has put our safety first. We have just booked our second cruise.

• Like 1

As a bit of a silver lining for the dark clouds of our cruise, we had a Thursday edition of Explorer’s sea day Sunday brunch in Compass Rose today. A very nice spread!

Edited by jeb_bud
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

yes, the follow-up was me posting the Regent response, which clarified everything. Sorry I dont meet your editorial high standards

So 

Edited by CBWIR
Sp

We booked Baracelona to Venice a long time ago for early June this year. That cruise was changed some time ago to be a Greece and Turkey cruise that we weren't interested in, so we changed to a July 2 to 14 from Barcelona to Venice. I was worried about the high temps, but after reading about the spring weather,  I'd rather swelter on our exucursions than have 12 days at sea. I swelter in Florida in July, so I'm OK with that. 

We are home, jet lagged and with terrible colds. Yes, we had bad weather and missed a couple ports, but we had a fabulous time. The crew is wonderful and we look forward to our next time.

Any questions, feel free!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kjbacon said:

We are home, jet lagged and with terrible colds. Yes, we had bad weather and missed a couple ports, but we had a fabulous time. The crew is wonderful and we look forward to our next time.

Any questions, feel free!

Welcome home and thank you for your very enjoyable and informative report.

So sorry that you are not feeling well🤧, but happy that you had such a fabulous cruise!😁

Bob

Thank you for the well wishes! Jack is a couple days ahead of me so I see that light at the end of the tunnel. Wish I had bought stock in Kleenex!

I should mention that disembarkation was very well done. Granted, we were only the second group and our meeting time was 4:45 so most people were still sleeping, but it was the smoothest we have ever experienced.