Pacific Jewel.what she looks like now

28 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

Hmm - maybe I could finally get a decent feed of Indian food onboard a cruiseship after all these years . Following this with interest

Indeed young Barry,  you would get a good curry on board.  Just like on P&O UK ships, many Indian cooks, plenty of curries, lubbly jubbly.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Indeed young Barry,  you would get a good curry on board.  Just like on P&O UK ships, many Indian cooks, plenty of curries, lubbly jubbly.

I found P&O UK to be kind of "OK" for Indian food - but essentially they are still catering largely for western palates - and even worse, Pommie palates. I was VERY disappointed with all of the shore tours (which included lunches) we did during 3 months on Arcadia and Oriana around the World some years ago.  It was plainly obvious that all of the venues (mainly hotels) had been pre-warned that the bus load of passengers were Westerners!!! 😞 In Sri Lanka we got spaghetti bolognese and a band playing Vera Lynn songs!!!!!

I should work for this cruise line in there call centre; ring the bastard Indian's while there having dinner  & sell them a cruise on Pum-a-Dum cruise lines... 

I also wonder is any of there ports of call are as bad as Noumea???

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:57 AM, bazzaw said:

I found P&O UK to be kind of "OK" for Indian food - but essentially they are still catering largely for western palates - and even worse, Pommie palates. I was VERY disappointed with all of the shore tours (which included lunches) we did during 3 months on Arcadia and Oriana around the World some years ago.  It was plainly obvious that all of the venues (mainly hotels) had been pre-warned that the bus load of passengers were Westerners!!! 😞 In Sri Lanka we got spaghetti bolognese and a band playing Vera Lynn songs!!!!!

" Pommie palates"! Nothing wrong with vindaloo and chips,lol.

43 minutes ago, Hunter69 said:

I should work for this cruise line in there call centre; ring the bastard Indian's while there having dinner  & sell them a cruise on Pum-a-Dum cruise lines... 

I also wonder is any of there ports of call are as bad as Noumea???

I'd love a pint of what you're drinking,lol.

On 4/13/2019 at 6:50 PM, MicCanberra said:

Goodness, Spaghetti in Sri Lanka. Who is Vera Lynn and what instrument does she play?

They could have been served roast beef and Yorkshire Pudding.  Now Dame Vera Lynn was a singer in WW2 years, she used to sing a lot for the British Armed Forces, like White Cliffs of Dover or We'll Meet again...etc.  God I am old.

55 minutes ago, NSWP said:

They could have been served roast beef and Yorkshire Pudding.  Now Dame Vera Lynn was a singer in WW2 years, she used to sing a lot for the British Armed Forces, like White Cliffs of Dover or We'll Meet again...etc.  God I am old.

Must be to know those songs.😋

Those of you who have been on P&O UK cruises, don't you remember during the sail away, Brit flags in hand, the pomms singing Vera Lynn's 'We'll meet again' along with God save the Queen and Britannia.