Belfast: Titanic & Crumlin Road or Giants Causeway

hondo1717

2 hours ago, Whitla42 said:

Hi, I live in Northern Ireland and I would do the Giants Causeway it is fabulous. But if you can get a tour of Belfast included it would be interesting to hear the history, especially if you have never been before. There are a few tours which you could do . If you need any more help please ask and I will do my best to find out for you . 

Thank you so much for your reply. We are looking forward to seeing our ancestors home land and beautiful country for the first time. Thank you again.

13 hours ago, myjillian said:

We have done Great Britian several times...each time we have done different things....going once is nice....trying to go again is even better...last year we fell in love with Scotland...before that we thought Ireland was best...until we took the Sterling Castle Scotland tour...WOW

Totally agree with you on Stirling Castle.  Absolutely incredible!   I've been to Scotland 3 times now and it's never enough.

I recommend doing both! Either do an excursion to Giants Causeway and take a taxi to the Titanic museum, or find a company that will take you to both. We did a private taxi excursion to Giants Causeway and had them end the tour at the Titanic Museum. From there, we strolled our way to the meeting point in the square where the Princess shuttle meets to take us back to the ship. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2019 at 2:16 PM, cruisequeen4ever said:

I recommend doing both! Either do an excursion to Giants Causeway and take a taxi to the Titanic museum, or find a company that will take you to both. We did a private taxi excursion to Giants Causeway and had them end the tour at the Titanic Museum. From there, we strolled our way to the meeting point in the square where the Princess shuttle meets to take us back to the ship. 

Do you remember which tour company you used?

I went to Giants Causeway thru the local bus system. Totally worth it! And reasonably inexpensive. I took the shuttle to tourist bureau and bought the ticket INSIDE. Not from the hawkers outside. 

20180622_115946.jpg

20180622_122029_1_bestshot.jpg

Agree with the others above, Giants Causeway. We used City & Causeway Tours, sorry I don't have the web link but you should be able to google it. There were 6 of us in a van and we finished with a tour of Belfast on the way back to the ship. We would have had time to go to the Titanic museum if we wanted also. On our way bak from giants causeway, I asked if we could stop at Royal Portrush so I could buy a ball marker (I'm a golfer and The Open will be there later this month). They stopped and we used it as a restroom break--nice bathrooms and locker rooms!!

Another vote for City and Causeway Tours.  We had a long port day, so we tried to do it all.

We pre-booked the Titanic museum to do on our own, and were off the ship shortly after 8, took a taxi and had 8:30 tickets for the museum.  We then had Stevie, from City and Causeway Tours, pick us up at 10:45.

We had a great day with Stevie, driving up the very scenic Antrim coast, part of it along the very narrow, Torr Road.  Thankfully, we were not driving, and no large buses allowed there either.

Overall, our day was fabulous.  We saw lots of the countryside, had a great lunch stop at the Wee Cafe, visited the Giant's Causeway and to top it off, we spent time in Belfast afterwards viewing the murals and the walls in the city depicting the troubles.  

Stevie was very entertaining, personable, a great driver and very passionate about the challenges the people of Belfast have experienced over the years.  We all agreed, this was the number one tour of our very busy itinerary.  As a true test, despite being a long day, no one nodded off along the way!

I can highly recommend Wee Jim's Antrim Coast private tour. He was a great guide and our 8 hour tour lasted almost 12 hours. He arranged for a private guide to meet us at the Giant's Causeway for that portion of the tour. It was a memorable experience for out Belfast outing. 

2 hours ago, Sailmore said:

We pre-booked the Titanic museum to do on our own, and were off the ship shortly after 8, took a taxi and had 8:30 tickets for the museum

Anyone interested in visiting the Titanic Museum, pre-booking it is a very wise thing to do.  Shortly after the Museum opens, the crowds begin to arrive and the lines to buy tickets become long.  I recall a special Counter that handled only those who had pre-booked and its lines were much more reasonable, if there was a line.