Seaboard takes care of their clients...yep, I'm that guy!

roy quapaw

So, right about now I'm supposed to be in the middle of the Amazon River, but, due to my own lack of attention to detail, I'm not.  I made a mistake, but Seabourn went above and beyond to allow me a second chance and now I'll be traveling from Hong Kong to Shanghai.  Too often the boards are filled with people complaining about this or that, but thought it refreshing and proper to give a solid to Seabourn for their excellent service and attention to the needs of travelers, like myself, who sometimes screw up.  This will be my first Seabourn journey, but certainly won't be my last!  Hope to meet some of you guys on this cruise, and yes, mad props to Seabourn. 

This is a pretty ridiculous post with its lack of information.

My guess is that the hapless tourist missed the embarkation day by a couple, and made a lot of noise that got Seabourn's attention.

Very good for him, then.

Happy and healthy sailing!

On 4/10/2019 at 6:51 AM, markham said:

This is a pretty ridiculous post with its lack of information.

My guess is that the hapless tourist missed the embarkation day by a couple, and made a lot of noise that got Seabourn's attention.

Very good for him, then.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Sounds like the sort of person that over sleeps 

On 4/10/2019 at 2:46 AM, roy quapaw said:

Too often the boards are filled with people complaining about this or that, but thought it refreshing and proper to give a solid to Seabourn . . . 

What kind of 'solid' did you give them?  Seems slightly unsavoury.

Well, since I'm catching such grief over this, I'll fill everyone in, and likely not post here further (after all we all need to discuss the caviar selection, where plugs are located, etc).  I didn't have the proper visa for travel to Brazil.  I didn't oversleep etc.  I was allowed to have a credit on another cruise.  It was totally my fault, and the cruise line didn't have to help me.   I've worked in administration, and know that sometimes if you do something nice it comes back to bite you.  I just wanted to express my appreciation to the cruise line for their assistance.  My apologies if I somehow wasted your time or caused some ripple in the karma of your expected postings and such.   

7 hours ago, roy quapaw said:

Well, since I'm catching such grief over this, I'll fill everyone in, and likely not post here further (after all we all need to discuss the caviar selection, where plugs are located, etc).  I didn't have the proper visa for travel to Brazil.  I didn't oversleep etc.  I was allowed to have a credit on another cruise.  It was totally my fault, and the cruise line didn't have to help me.   I've worked in administration, and know that sometimes if you do something nice it comes back to bite you.  I just wanted to express my appreciation to the cruise line for their assistance.  My apologies if I somehow wasted your time or caused some ripple in the karma of your expected postings and such.   

Thanks for coming back and telling us and how great SB helped you.  It bodes well for the future when I (possibly inevitably) mess something up!   There is always so much to think about when booking these trips.  

Plus... sometimes others don't realise that there are different ways of posting, maybe different language and culture, we don't all post as succinctly as some would like!  However, I got the gist from your OP that Seabourn had helped you out of a sticky situation so I have no idea why you got grief on here!  (It's not exactly encouraging for newbies to the SB forum)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roy quapaw said:

I appreciate the update, thank you. 

I see humour in some of the responses here, but no excuses for one that is downright rude. 

• Like 1

Why would anyone criticize a poster for saying somehing nice about Seabourn, or any line for that matter? People here get all riled up when someone says something negative, now they're upset with someone  doing the opposite. I guess everyone is just trying to make sure CRUISE CRITIC lives up to its name.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mauzac said:

Plus... sometimes others don't realise that there are different ways of posting, maybe different language and culture, we don't all post as succinctly as some would like! 

Ditto, explanation accepted, we know so well Seabourn looks after it's guests.

Bon Voyage

• Like 2

I think the problem readers faced that, let's face it, some of this post was hard to follow, and we all wanted  to know what Seabourn had done that was so helpful.  Not a lot of point in posting it without the detail.

We may go on about trivia like plugs, but at least most posts are easy enough to follow, even for my simple mind.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 3:35 AM, lincslady said:

I think the problem readers faced that, let's face it, some of this post was hard to follow, and we all wanted  to know what Seabourn had done that was so helpful.  Not a lot of point in posting it without the detail.

We may go on about trivia like plugs, but at least most posts are easy enough to follow, even for my simple mind.

I saw nothing complicated to understand in the OP's post. All he did was say that Seabourn took care of him when he made a mistake. Who cares what the details are. It's the fact that Seabourn  stepped up to the plate that is important here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wripro said:

I saw nothing complicated to understand in the OP's post. All he did was say that Seabourn took care of him when he made a mistake. Who cares what the details are. It's the fact that Seabourn  stepped up to the plate that is important here.

+1 agree

• Like 1

OK, duly told off.  I note that the people who were a bit - how shall I put it - unkind  about the OP or finding his post a bit obscure were Brits.

Two nations divided by the single language,  perhaps?  And I daresay it did not help that the cruise line name was misspelled.

On 4/20/2019 at 6:02 AM, lincslady said:

OK, duly told off.  I note that the people who were a bit - how shall I put it - unkind  about the OP or finding his post a bit obscure were Brits.

Two nations divided by the single language,  perhaps?  And I daresay it did not help that the cruise line name was misspelled.

Again, why should the spelling influence the reaction? Can anyone possibly be so thin skinned that they are offended when someone misspells the name of a cruise line?  I hope no one here books a cruise on Hurtigren.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lincslady,  I know I am not the only one who has noticed that spellcheck sometimes changes Seabourn to Seaboard--and if you don't look back at what you typed (and sometimes even if you do), you can miss it.  

• Like 1