Reserving the Sanctuary Online

LindaMG

3 minutes ago, LindaMG said:

How do I go about reserving the sanctuary online?  I seem to be able to reserve everything else well in advance but can't find anywhere to do this.  Thank you in advance.

You can't. It's first come, first served after you board the ship.

The main reason is that some want shade, some want sun, some want in the center, some want in the back or on the side.

When you board, go to the Sanctuary ASAP (if it's a warm weather cruise), sign up, choose your lounger and enjoy.

29 minutes ago, LindaMG said:

How do I go about reserving the sanctury online?  I seem to be able to reserve everything else well in advance but can't find anywhere to do this.  Thank you in advance.

Not possible. Only allowed once onboard. I sure hope it stays that way.  

• Like 2

They let you reserve other things, why not the sanctuary?  We boarded a couple of years ago on the Regal with the first elite group, we were literally 2nd in line to board.  The 1st couple ahead of us, and the 3 couples behind us were all talking about going straight up there to book, and they literally ran past us once onboard.

Let people book online and be done with it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

They let you reserve other things, why not the sanctuary?  We boarded a couple of years ago on the Regal with the first elite group, we were literally 2nd in line to board.  The 1st couple ahead of us, and the 3 couples behind us were all talking about going straight up there to book, and they literally ran past us once onboard.

Has it lost it's luster? Our last several cruises, (it's been a variety),most recently last Month, a 15 Hawaiian the place was dead...or do certain itineraries draw more than a handful of people?

Edited by land lover

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

JF describes why quite succinctly. We've been in the Sanctuary on at least 3 different ships.  I still want to see the exact setup and get seats in the shade for most of the time.  You can't always tell that from a deck plan.  Are you willing to pay and then find out you don't like the location of your lounges and forfeit your payment if there aren't any suitable ones available?

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

You can't. It's first come, first served after you board the ship.

The main reason is that some want shade, some want sun, some want in the center, some want in the back or on the side.

When you board, go to the Ssanctuary ASAP (if it's a warm weather cruise), sign up, choose your lounger and enjoy.

We've only used the Sanctuary on Caribbean sailings (and always for the full cruise).  The shady and partial shady areas have always been full and the sun areas mostly full.  On one Royal Princess B2B in 2015 we were offered a Sanctuary cabana on the second cruise for the price of two Sanctuary lounge chairs but without the extras (mostly booze) that comes with a cabana.  That was lovely with both shade and sun!

3 hours ago, land lover said:

Has it lost it's luster? Our last several cruises, (it's been a variety),most recently last Month, a 15 Hawaiian the place was dead...or do certain itineraries draw more than a handful of people?

6 hours ago, capriccio said:

JF describes why quite succinctly. We've been in the Sanctuary on at least 3 different ships.  I still want to see the exact setup and get seats in the shade for most of the time.  You can't always tell that from a deck plan.  Are you willing to pay and then find out you don't like the location of your lounges and forfeit your payment if there aren't any suitable ones available?

We've only used the Sanctuary on Caribbean sailings (and always for the full cruise).  The shady and partial shady areas have always been full and the sun areas mostly full.  On one Royal Princess B2B in 2015 we were offered a Sanctuary cabana on the second cruise for the price of two Sanctuary lounge chairs but without the extras (mostly booze) that comes with a cabana.  That was lovely with both shade and sun!

So you can still turn up, pay your money, walk into the sanctuary and find all the best seats already taken? Sorry to ask such an odd question but I'm really not sure what the system is regarding the Sanctuary. 

3 hours ago, LindaMG said:

So you can still turn up, pay your money, walk into the sanctuary and find all the best seats already taken? Sorry to ask such an odd question but I'm really not sure what the system is regarding the Sanctuary. 

After you board you go there and see what is available. You select your lounge chair/location and days. In tropical cruises spots do go on boarding day. You can't do this on line because you have to actually select your lounge and location. Maybe someday Princess will have a visual program which allows you to pre-select a lounge. But not now.

Count me among those who hope Sanctuary booking doesn't go online. I would think the biggest problem would be knowing exactly WHEN the booking window opens up and making sure you are online when it happens. To have any chance of snagging a decent seat, you would have to log on and book as soon as the window opens, otherwise, the "early birds" would get the best seats. That's the big problem with trying to snag concert seats, if you log on even minutes after seats go on sale, there's virtually no good seats left. Also, those who decide to book the cruise after the Sanctuary first opened up for booking would almost certainly lose out and find the Sanctuary long-since full up. I personally think the current system is about the best and most democratic way to do it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

I support online booking. Otherwise it is just a DeFacto Elite benefit. The stampede to get there alone tells me there is a better way to book.

b2b

wedding parties

possibly cruisers needing assistance boarding

suites / elites

platinum

all others ... slim said hi to none ..

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 8:37 AM, lx200gps said:

Count me among those who hope Sanctuary booking doesn't go online. I would think the biggest problem would be knowing exactly WHEN the booking window opens up and making sure you are online when it happens. To have any chance of snagging a decent seat, you would have to log on and book as soon as the window opens, otherwise, the "early birds" would get the best seats. That's the big problem with trying to snag concert seats, if you log on even minutes after seats go on sale, there's virtually no good seats left. Also, those who decide to book the cruise after the Sanctuary first opened up for booking would almost certainly lose out and find the Sanctuary long-since full up. I personally think the current system is about the best and most democratic way to do it.

With reference to the bold print in your quote, how is this different from the current system of those who have elite status and show up early to board getting the best seats? The way of doing it would be not opening it for reservations until after muster drill.

democratic

9 minutes ago, JRA1708 said:

What does the Sanctuary cost per day?

$20/half day am or pm, $30/day if you book the entire cruise both sea and port days.

2 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

I support online booking. Otherwise it is just a DeFacto Elite benefit. The stampede to get there alone tells me there is a better way to book.

Maybe, but Princess would have to change their on line program to have a visual and description of each lounge in  the sanctuary so you could select your lounge chair and its location. It also seems that those who book their cruise early would be able to take most of the available spots, thus mainly blocking out those who book their cruise later.

While not perfect, it is probably better the way it is now. 

1 minute ago, skynight said:

$20/half day am or pm, $30/day if you book the entire cruise both sea and port days.

Maybe, but Princess would have to change their on line program to have a visual and description of each lounge in  the sanctuary so you could select your lounge chair and its location. It also seems that those who book their cruise early would be able to take most of the available spots, thus mainly blocking out those who book their cruise later.

While not perfect, it is probably better the way it is now. 

The airlines have a visual of their seats where you click the seats you want from the available, I do not see why Princess could not do the same. 

21 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I asked in another thread, it's like $220/day for a couple.  I had no idea it was that expensive.  Not that I would pay it, but geez, that seems super high to me.

That is the price for a sanctuary cabana on a Royal class ship. 

The price for loungers on all ships is

• $30 per day/per person when reserving for the entire cruise.
  • $40 per day/per person when reserving specific days
  • $20 per day/per person when reserving the morning or afternoon period (8 am to 12:30 pm or 1 pm to 5:30 pm)

See the Princess website for more information: 

Edited by capriccio