Soft Drink/Hot Chocolate Individual Pricing

Ep010835

I have, without fail, purchased a Soda and More package for each and every one of our past cruises. 

That said, with a 35 day cruise on the horizon, I’m rethinking spending $289 ($8.26x35) for this package. Maybe my consumption is best served by buying individually. 

Problem is, I’ve never paid attention to the cost of a fountain Coke or a Hot Chocolate from the IC. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks!!

Hot Chocolate is listed on the IC menu. As for soda, I would just take my own aboard with my carry on luggage. That way I could have exactly what I wanted rather than being subject to the extremely limited soda menu on Princess ships.

Note: Photos "borrowed" from a post by Colo Cruiser in another thread.

image.png.e22c8598e593066140162dd1dc4d4163.png

image.png.015850602c8f9e3b08eb5baef0e95659.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coral said:

I think you can only buy cans of soda.

The Soda & More package only includes soda gun flavors (although possibly root beer in cans is included).

6 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

Any info on fountain Cokes?

Wife and I both prefer the beverages dispensed from the soda guns at the various bars around the ship. 

As indicated above, with the package you will get soda from the soda guns. If not using the package, you can get it either way.

5 hours ago, bobbismith said:

I like to get more soda or juice to add to a purchased drink.  Does anyone recall sprite zero? Thanks, Bobbi

Sprite Zero (I assume that is Diet Sprite) is available in cans. I do not know the policy about using part of a can to add to a drink.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

The Soda & More package only includes soda gun flavors (although possibly root beer in cans is included).

I know - the OP asked for prices for fountain soda, thus my response.

11 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

I have, without fail, purchased a Soda and More package for each and every one of our past cruises. 

That said, with a 35 day cruise on the horizon, I’m rethinking spending $289 ($8.26x35) for this package. Maybe my consumption is best served by buying individually. 

Problem is, I’ve never paid attention to the cost of a fountain Coke or a Hot Chocolate from the IC. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks!!

If your not Elite now you are getting there with your longer cruises😎 once Elite you can exchange the little free bottles of liquor for a couple of hot chocolate cards....I never knew that myself until I read it in CC.  Not being a real drinker it's a great perk to have especially when you are doing Fall New England/Canada , TA's and European cruises.

soda - $2 + 18%= $2.36

You can bring on as much soda and other non alcoholic beverage as you like both on embarkation and at ports of call. If you happen to be on Royal class ship, hot chocolate is free in the buffet all day and evening. Otherwise it is priced as shown on the menus plus 18%. The land based cost of say 70 cans of soda is probably around $50. You can buy it as you go along.

I appreciate all the responses. 

Now I've got the hot chocolate price ($1.50 + 18%). 

Still looking for the price of a single fountain gun Coke. No interest in the cans, only the cost of an individual Coke sold from a fountain gun. (skynight, is the $2.36 you mention, for a fountain gun Coke or a can of Coke?)

Edited by Ep010835

24 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Still looking for the price of a single fountain gun Coke. No interest in the cans, only the cost of an individual Coke sold from a fountain gun. (skynight, is the $2.36 you mention, for a fountain gun Coke or a can of Coke?)

You can't buy it on Princess by the glass. They only sell cans.

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, Ep010835 said:

I appreciate all the responses. 

Now I've got the hot chocolate price ($1.50 + 18%). 

Believe they only sell cans, but if they sell gun soda it would be around the same price as a can.

1 hour ago, Coral said:

You can't buy it on Princess by the glass. They only sell cans.

Interesting. 

Makes me wonder what would happen if I walk up to a bar, get a glass of Coke and hand them my Medallion/Cruise Card to pay for it?

Would they grab the glass out of my hand and say, “sorry, we don’t sell it by the glass”?

As I said in my original post, we’ve always bought the Soda package so this is new ground for me. 

Interesting. 

Makes me wonder what would happen if I walk up to a bar, get a glass of Coke and hand them my Medallion/Cruise Card to pay for it?

Would they grab the glass out of my hand and say, “sorry, we don’t sell it by the glass”?

As I said in my original post, we’ve always bought the Soda package so this is new ground for me. 

In theory only - If you walk up to the bar and ask for Coke, with the Medallion they should already know if you have the soda package. If you do they will give you fountain soda, if not then they will open a can and pour it into a glass for you.

With the Cruise Card I always just showed my sticker so I wouldn't get charged and they would give me fountain soda.

At dinner if I ask for a soda it has always been brought in a can whether or not I had the soda package.

Interesting. 

I don't like canned soda so I tried to buy a fountain soda. Maybe it has changed but I don't think so. If you ask for a Coke, it is going to be a can unless you have soda card.